Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders View Post
You have to read carefully. National Rail inquiries advertised a train after midnight to get me home, with one change.

Only problem is you have to sit in Staines station overnight for nearly 5 hours.
I hate that. Does it on TheTrainLine too. Get a train at 00:30... Arrive 05:46 in the morning on a 17 minute journey from Selhurst to Sutton.
Old 16-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
So I was probably right then, Bridge is poorly serviced after about 10.30pm - even on a Friday.
Old 16-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
So I was probably right then, Bridge is poorly serviced after about 10.30pm - even on a Friday.
Not really. There's those trains mentioned and there's 23:30, 00:03 and 00:33 to Norwood Jct. Then there's the 23:36 to Caterham and the 00:08. Quite a few trains I know of without the ones I don't know about.
Old 16-10-2014, 11:01 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
I've never had a problem from London Bridge at night until recently when they're doing work.

I'm in a fortunate position that the N68 stops at the bottom of my road so I just need to get to Waterloo and I'm ok.
Old 16-10-2014, 02:28 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Person struck by a train at West Norwood this afternoon, will affect trains to/from London Bridge and Victoria.

" Owing to a person hit by a train at West Norwood all lines through the station are currently closed while the emergency services attend. Stations between Crystal Palace and Balham via Streatham Hill will not be served.
Tickets are being accepted on Thameslink, Southeastern, London Overground, London Underground, TFL London Buses and Croydon Tramlink via all reasonable routes. "
Old 16-10-2014, 03:30 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
For Wanks Sake

I know it's very upsetting and whoever felt like doing that must have been in an awful state but could really have done without this hassle tonight.
Old 16-10-2014, 03:53 PM

nicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
line reopened, 'residual delays'
Old 17-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Werkself

God knows who is training the new Platform staff at London Bridge. Twice yesterday I left late because platform hadn't TRTS'd (train ready to start) the Signaller to let him know I was ready to go. One resulted in my return journey being cancelled completely.
Old 17-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Werkself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
For Wanks Sake

I know it's very upsetting and whoever felt like doing that must have been in an awful state but could really have done without this hassle tonight.
Driver didn't even know about it. He was taken into the depot and told about it. Apparently the guy knelt down on the platform as the train was pulling out and stuck his head between the train and platform.
Old 17-10-2014, 08:58 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Driver didn't even know about it. He was taken into the depot and told about it. Apparently the guy knelt down on the platform as the train was pulling out and stuck his head between the train and platform.
Yuk, isn't the line speed quite slow there?
Old 17-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Jesus christ that's grim

Do you think it would have been better for the driver not to know? There was nothing he could have done and I'm sure the guilt and stress he probably feels will last a long time.

Not having a pop at Southern for once, just keen to hear what people think.

Anyway, I had an interview this morning at London Bridge so got an earlier train expecting delays. Of course it got on time and I was 45 minutes early.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:26 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

Anyway, I had an interview this morning at London Bridge so got an earlier train expecting delays. Of course it got on time and I was 45 minutes early.
Excellent. I hope it went well.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:28 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Whilst I agree that ignorance is bliss, a driver would find out, also he may be required to attend a inquest or be interviewed by btp.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I'm aware drivers are given six(?) months off and therapy if something like this happens but what are the details of that? What type of therapy is it, is there a specific organisation which provides it?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 17-10-2014, 11:05 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I'm aware drivers are given six(?) months off and therapy if something like this happens but what are the details of that? What type of therapy is it, is there a specific organisation which provides it?
No way
Old 17-10-2014, 11:06 AM
sleep chaser

I've known drivers have a suicide on fri and back at work Monday.
Old 17-10-2014, 11:21 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I've known drivers have a suicide on fri and back at work Monday.
Presumably only over the Easter weekend.
Old 17-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post

Well played.
Old 17-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
No way
Hmm, I could have sworn someone said that they get a lot of time off work and support?!

They certainly should be allowed some time off and definitely access to support.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 17-10-2014, 11:45 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post