Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:48 PM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Burnley

5000 empty seats at their first european match in 50 years. In a ground that holds 21,000.

If we were hosting aberdeen a year from today, imagine the scenes.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:53 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There probably on holiday still...
Old 02-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybacaro View Post
5000 empty seats at their first european match in 50 years. In a ground that holds 21,000.

We didn't come near to filling the ground for Dundee, and that was for one of our favourites. Nor v Samsunspor in the UEFA Intertoto Cup

Lets not be all Brighton about attendances.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Burnley

I was talking to my mate from Burnley a few days ago, and we agreed that is was unfortunate that they got drawn with Aberdeen. It would have been more exciting to get drawn against some exotic sounding European team. It would feel more like you were in Europe. I suspect this has a feel of a pre-season friendly.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:36 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Burnley are poor, they will struggle this season
Old 02-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Burnley leading on aggregate. Want them to at least get to the (6 match) group stage in this competition
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Keep calm and follow Roy

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Very thin squad competing in PL and Uefa cup

Got trouble written all over it
Old 02-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybacaro View Post

We’d have 5,000 empty seats and a dual protest about the HF not being able to sit where they want and Parish not making enough signings.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:43 AM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
We’d have 5,000 empty seats and a dual protest about the HF not being able to sit where they want and Parish not making enough signings.
No way. Would be complete sell out within a day And all day party atmosphere in south London.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:56 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Burnley are poor, they will struggle this season
They were poor last season and didn't struggle (quite the opposite). Don't see them finishing top 8 again with the extra baggage of Europa league, but their system is so undemanding in terms of how much football ability you need that any old clogger from the championship can step in and do a job as long as he's fit, so depth won't be a problem for them. Mid table for me.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:01 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Joe Hart having medical at Burnley
Old 03-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
They were poor last season and didn't struggle (quite the opposite). Don't see them finishing top 8 again with the extra baggage of Europa league, but their system is so undemanding in terms of how much football ability you need that any old clogger from the championship can step in and do a job as long as he's fit, so depth won't be a problem for them. Mid table for me.

They weren’t poor. They finished 7th.

They have tremendous ability just not in the sense the top 5 or 6 “glamour” clubs like to be perceived as having in order to perpetuate their own brands and increase following.

They’re not cloggers. They’re exceptionally fit, well disciplined, professionals who play the game in a different way in order to establish themselves as a top 7 club.

There are so many clubs achieving success in this way that it frustrates me the perception the media want to portray them as in order to devalue and undermine their success. It deserves much more respect and if that were to happen we, for one, wouldn’t be viewed as the unfashionable stepping stone team not good enough for the likes of Zaha or RLC.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:36 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

They have tremendous ability just not in the sense the top 5 or 6 “glamour” clubs like to be perceived as having in order to perpetuate their own brands and increase following.

They’re not cloggers. They’re exceptionally fit, well disciplined, professionals who play the game in a different way in order to establish themselves as a top 7 club.

There are so many clubs achieving success in this way that it frustrates me the perception the media want to portray them as in order to devalue and undermine their success. It deserves much more respect and if that were to happen we, for one, wouldn’t be viewed as the unfashionable stepping stone team not good enough for the likes of Zaha or RLC.

Yep... I like the way Burnley play... they work their ‘nads off, defensively sound, and aren’t afraid to put their foot in. Ashley Barnes is still a ****.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:44 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yeah I was harsh in terms of flat out calling them ‘poor.’ I meant a poor footballing side, and their players are poor technically but they’re terrific athletes and a terrific unit. Think top 6 fans are often just lazy in stereotyping the also rans, but honestly, Burnley are one of the worst sides to watch in Europe’s four major leagues imo.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 03-08-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yep... I like the way Burnley play... they work their ‘nads off, defensively sound, and aren’t afraid to put their foot in. Ashley Barnes is still a ****.
I don’t. I respect them for overachieving considering their budget, but they’re absolute shite to watch imo.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:12 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don’t. I respect them for overachieving considering their budget, but they’re absolute shite to watch imo.

They’re just playing to their strengths. If they tried to play like City, they’d get relegated. I like the fact they finished above teams like Everton/West Ham/Newcastle. I think Dyche gets the maximum out of what he has.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:18 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They’re just playing to their strengths. If they tried to play like City, they’d get relegated. I like the fact they finished above teams like Everton/West Ham/Newcastle. I think Dyche gets the maximum out of what he has.
All true
Old 03-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
It’s not a case of play like City or be shite to watch though is it. I’d far rather watch even Huddersfield for example than Burnley. I’m not critiquing whether they’re best playing on style or another, I ultimately don’t care if any team that isn’t Palace is in the first division or the fourth division. I measure sides I’m neutral towards on whether I’d want to watch them if Palace aren’t on, and Burnley are one of the only sides in the Prem, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga who I’d never bother watching, unless they make it to a cup final or are in a relegation decider or something. In conclusion, great at getting results and overperfoming, outstanding unit, but not so great for things like passing a football or any individual flair.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
It’s not a case of play like City or be shite to watch though is it. I’d far rather watch even Huddersfield for example than Burnley. I’m not critiquing whether they’re best playing on style or another, I ultimately don’t care if any team that isn’t Palace is in the first division or the fourth division. I measure sides I’m neutral towards on whether I’d want to watch them if Palace aren’t on, and Burnley are one of the only sides in the Prem, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga who I’d never bother watching, unless they make it to a cup final or are in a relegation decider or something. In conclusion, great at getting results and overperfoming, outstanding unit, but not so great for things like passing a football or any individual flair.

Watching 99% of neutral football is dull to me anyway. The main thing that makes the sport exciting is the drama around it.

If the last game of the season was Burnley v Watford in a winner stays up encounter or Man City play Bournemouth in a dead rubber. I’d go for the former every time.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:51 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yup but Burnley fans don't care - bit like palace under pulls and allerdyce- granted we had the Wilf factor