Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
I've said it before and I'll say it again, to say you have no sympathy for someone who has lost a child, even if they've made a mistake is just cold. Really cold.

It they are actually guilty of something more sinister, then that is another matter. But, really? Some of you are going to put them down as guilty based on the tabloid press reporting of it? Really?
Old 28-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
I've said it before and I'll say it again, to say you have no sympathy for someone who has lost a child, even if they've made a mistake is just cold. Really cold.

It they are actually guilty of something more sinister, then that is another matter. But, really? Some of you are going to put them down as guilty based on the tabloid press reporting of it? Really?
Apparently libel is okay on this matter. It's just 'opinions'.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:10 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith

I do not think anyone is saying that about not having sympathy or that they are guilty of anything. However you cannot blame some people for being a little sceptical.

Also once again what 'mistake' ? It was not a mistake it was GROSS CHILD NEGLECT.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:11 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
there is no need to rely on the tabloids - all the information you need to form an opinion is in the official polices files that have been made available to the public. If you read that and still believe the McCanns are innocent of any wrongdoing then that's fine.

There are plenty of websites that contain all the relevant info. To view the link you have to Register or Login is as good as place as any to start your research.

Last edited by firesign; 28-07-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
I do not think anyone is saying that about not having sympathy or that they are guilty of anything....
I think you haven't read some posts.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This thread needs to be closed down right now. It's distasteful and disrepectful. Nobody writing on it is in possession of the full facts and as said above the 'opinions' stated previously are tantemount to libel.

The worse kind of anoniminity behnd a keyboard.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:14 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I have no sympathy for the McCanns.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:20 PM
People are People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Kent
This thread needs to be closed down right now. It's distasteful and disrepectful. Nobody writing on it is in possession of the full facts and as said above the 'opinions' stated previously are tantemount to libel.

The worse kind of anoniminity behnd a keyboard.
The view expressed by Barbara earlier is almost identical to the view held by the Portugese police that investigated the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Interestingly, the book by Goncalo Amaral which details that view is freely available on Portugese bookshelves - the British media of course made a huge song and dance about the fact that the McCanns won a temporary injunction on the book but then fell strangely silent (as did the McCanns themselves) when the temporary ban was lifted last November and then when the McCanns final appeal failed in February this year. Thus to repeat a view that is available in a book that the McCanns have failed to get banned is unlikely to result in a libel case.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:21 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
So sanctimoniously holy are some on here they have no sympathy for a family that lost a child.

Every parent makes a thousand mistakes, my mistakes are different from the McCanns' which are different from the Blogg's which are different from the Smith's etc

That parents can sit in judgement of the McCanns and denounce them without any understanding of what happened and not a shred of human compassion is disgusting.

Hang your heads in shame - if you can pull them out of your perfect arses first that is.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:27 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john
So sanctimoniously holy are some on here they have no sympathy for a family that lost a child.

Every parent makes a thousand mistakes, my mistakes are different from the McCanns' which are different from the Blogg's which are different from the Smith's etc

That parents can sit in judgement of the McCanns and denounce them without any understanding of what happened and not a shred of human compassion is disgusting.

Hang your heads in shame - if you can pull them out of your perfect arses first that is.
^^^^^
This

There are some heartless ar*eholes on this thread.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:28 PM
People are People

The only people who need to hang their heads in shame are the McCanns and their equally pathetic friends who have gotten away very lightly with their own piss-poor parenting skills.

And seeing as though I have made my view fairly clear, I will try not to post again on this thread as it makes my blood boil.

Last edited by firesign; 28-07-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:30 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:

Every parent does make mistakes however every parent is not guilty of gross child neglect. I denounce them for that. As for the involvement in the subsequent events, yes I do not have knowledge, but sorry, any parent that can leave their kids unattended, does raise questions in my head about what else they could be capable of.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Just for the record I have never read anything about the Portugese police or their thoughts on the matter.

I came up with my opinion all on my own. It's the opinion I formed within a couple of days of it breaking the news.

And those who think leaving 3 children, all under 4 years old, alone in an unlocked apartment was a 'mistake' by the parents seriously need lessons in child rearing and common sense.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Nork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNork1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1 child missing through parental neglect/oversight/stupidity, media saturation.
Thousands of children kidnapped in the third world, bugger all coverage.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

...etc, etc.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 28-07-2011, 11:43 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Am just back from a pub in Peckham a great night, a benefit for a musician who has lost use of a crucial finger, one couple brought their baby for an hour.

Sweet and happy child, they arrived at 9 left at 10.30.

Of course had they been a freak fight or a shooting and somehow the baby got hurt in some freak accident then no doubt the sanctimonious of crystal Palce would be saying taking a baby out in Peckham at 10 pm so the parent could get drunk, what did they expect, gross child abuse, blah ******* blah.

You never leave your children yet quite happily sleep through the night and drive them in cars where the chance of a serious accident is statistically incredibly high.

Small minds, no heart
Old 28-07-2011, 11:48 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Just for the record I have never read anything about the Portugese police or their thoughts on the matter.

I came up with my opinion all on my own. It's the opinion I formed within a couple of days of it breaking the news.

And those who think leaving 3 children, all under 4 years old, alone in an unlocked apartment was a 'mistake' by the parents seriously need lessons in child rearing and common sense.
This sums it up for me. It's not about having sympathy for them or being a perfect parent etc... how can you think leaving 3 children alone in a hotel room in a foreign place is acceptable? They must have been aware of the dangers and ignored them for their own gain. It amazes me
Old 28-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
J..I came up with my opinion all on my own. It's the opinion I formed within a couple of days of it breaking the news. ....
Not sure why you emphasise the word' opinion'. Though well done for doing it all on your own. It's still pretty pathetic, shoddy and downright stupid, to form opinions this way.

I hope you have never served on a jury
Old 28-07-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Am just back from a pub in Peckham a great night, a benefit for a musician who has lost use of a crucial finger, one couple brought their baby for an hour.

Sweet and happy child, they arrived at 9 left at 10.30.

Of course had they been a freak fight or a shooting and somehow the baby got hurt in some freak accident then no doubt the sanctimonious of crystal Palce would be saying taking a baby out in Peckham at 10 pm so the parent could get drunk, what did they expect, gross child abuse, blah ******* blah.

You never leave your children yet quite happily sleep through the night and drive them in cars where the chance of a serious accident is statistically incredibly high.

Small minds, no heart
Oh come stop being ridiculous. How does this compare to leaving kids unattended?

Barbara has it right when she states;

'And those who think leaving 3 children, all under 4 years old, alone in an unlocked apartment was a 'mistake' by the parents seriously need lessons in child rearing and common sense.'
Old 28-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
...Barbara has it right when she states;

'And those who think leaving 3 children, all under 4 years old, alone in an unlocked apartment was a 'mistake' by the parents seriously need lessons in child rearing and common sense.'
She also states "Personally, my gut instinct has always been that Kate McCann administered something to all the children to make them sleep for the evening. I think she probably accidentally overdosed Madeline, causing her death at some point during the evening. I think they then both panicked and tried to cover it up with the abduction story. Gerry McCann was always the spokesperson during all the press conferences. I think he was the brains behind the story and made sure Kate said very little as she would have been the one that would have cracked."

So I am afraid I can take little account of what else she spouts if that is the type of opinion she forms from a bit of Sky news and tabloid coverage over a couple of days.
Old 28-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Sorry AJ but that is not comparable at all and quite honestly a pathetic attempt at a comparison.

Your friends were with their baby - they didn't go to the pub and leave the baby at home alone in an unlocked house. And I'm not even going to bother replying to your other examples.

I've been trying to think of something that would have made me leave my daughter alone for a few hours when she was young, and I can't think of anything. And I think you'll find most mothers would feel the same.

If that makes me a sanctimonious and heartless person then good. I'm proud of that.