Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
^^

I am not comfortable with the brand that has developed (by the parents) out of this.
As a parent, you would do anything and everything to try and find your child. I doubt they care much about whether it is considered 'a brand' the fact is that every time it is mentioned or the picture seen it keeps the story in the minds of the public. That is exactly what they want.

I have no feelings toward them other than sympathy for their terrible loss.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 28-07-2011, 01:48 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscillateWildly
As a parent, you would do anything and everything to try and find your child.
Agreed

Quote:
I doubt they care much about whether it is considered 'a brand'
But so much of their campaign has been about a brand - so much so that it has resulted in a book!

Quote:
the fact is that every time it is mentioned or the picture seen it keeps the story in the minds of the public.
Yeah - the story, which has lead to a book. And what does the book lead to?

Quote:
I have no feelings toward them other than sympathy for their terrible loss.
I will regret saying this, but I feel it so I will say it - I don't have sympathy for the parents. Well, I have moments of having some, but most of the time, I think it's their fault. Even if they had no involvement in it, the simple fact is that they left their young children in a room (abroad) so that they could go off and have dinner with their friends. Kind of like a parent putting their child in the middle of the road and then getting sympathy when the kid is hit by a bus.

As was said in a different thread, how much news would this story have had if it was in Benidorm, with Sharon and Lee (unmarried) going off to the pub leaving her kids with her ex-man in the motel alone? Would they have been given the same media platforms to create the brand?
Old 28-07-2011, 01:50 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1
...i can't begin to imagine the emotions that each different sighting brings up for the family and close friends.
I would imagine oh shit we might be rumbled if she remembers anything from that night.
Old 28-07-2011, 01:58 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I will regret saying this, but I feel it so I will say it - I don't have sympathy for the parents. Well, I have moments of having some, but most of the time, I think it's their fault. Even if they had no involvement in it, the simple fact is that they left their young children in a room (abroad) so that they could go off and have dinner with their friends. Kind of like a parent putting their child in the middle of the road and then getting sympathy when the kid is hit by a bus.

As was said in a different thread, how much news would this story have had if it was in Benidorm, with Sharon and Lee (unmarried) going off to the pub leaving her kids with her ex-man in the motel alone? Would they have been given the same media platforms to create the brand?
Also, had it been the Beckhams (for example), so many people would have said it was their fault for being selfish.
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I may not have done what they did but we all make mistakes and do things we regret.

They have paid a terrible price and deserve sympathy.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 28-07-2011, 02:05 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

sums up my feelings on this as well.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:06 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Sorry, leaving your kids in a room in a foreign country alone isn't a 'shrug your shoulders' mistake. It's a grave error and yes they are paying the price for it but that doesn't mean they automatically deserve everyone's sympathy.

What sort of press attention/brand creation would the couple I created in my example get?
Old 28-07-2011, 02:09 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sorry, leaving your kids in a room in a foreign country alone isn't a 'shrug your shoulders' mistake. It's a grave error and yes they are paying the price for it but that doesn't mean they automatically deserve everyone's sympathy.

What sort of press attention/brand creation would the couple I created in my example get?
they would be smashed to pieces by the press/media and would probably end up getting nicked for child neglect.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
Looks like Kate is building up material for the 2nd edition of her book

Old 28-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Relax, this won't hurt.

Jarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJarvis cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
i am still of the opinion that the parents know more than they have let on. something just doesn't sit right with the whole saga. one day the truth will out.
The sniffer dog who had never been wrong in 200 cases, smelling death at the bottom of a flight of steps makes me uneasy about them tbh.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Le Bon Homme

The Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocalsThe Good Man has got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals
Wasn't the lead Portugese detective convinced that they had some involvement? Obviously he was dismissed by the press over here as a clumsy Inspecter Clouseau type as they seem to do with any foreign police officer.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I think we should leave speculation to the experts.

Is Maz online today?
Old 28-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I think we should leave speculation to the experts.

Is Maz online today?
Old 28-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Penguin Liberation Front

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
I may not have done what they did but we all make mistakes and do things we regret.
Like going out getting pissed every night for a fortnight, leaving 3 children under 4 years old alone in an unlocked appartment?

Quote:
...They have paid a terrible price ...
Yes.

Quote:
.... and deserve sympathy.
No.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

OK, I'll bite; I'll guess most people who have made negative comments on this thread haven't got kids, or have never done anything involving their kids that they have later come to regret.

99.9% of adults are likely to have left their children and then afterwards thought what might have happened to them - I know I have.

You dont ever stop worrying about your children - my oldest is 21 and just finished university and I still worry about her - what she's going to do next etc.

Your analogy about leaving kids in the middle of the road is just crass.
Old 28-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I agree with fraserH, sorry! Something sneaky about Kate at the very least..
Old 28-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Suffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes I agree it never seemed quite right that they would go out to dinner and just leave their children with no baby sitter.... mind you being doctors a small anaesthetic should ensure they slept well unless there was a reaction!!!! should write a novel, my minds racing now
Old 28-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1664
It's India not Jerusalem. Dead children don't tend to come back to life, the picture in the fail looks nothing like her, wrong hair colour for a start.
You do know when you grow older your hair colour can change? And no, im not talking about grey.
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo
OK, I'll bite; I'll guess most people who have made negative comments on this thread haven't got kids, or have never done anything involving their kids that they have later come to regret.

99.9% of adults are likely to have left their children and then afterwards thought what might have happened to them - I know I have.

You dont ever stop worrying about your children - my oldest is 21 and just finished university and I still worry about her - what she's going to do next etc.

I have kids, but there isn't enough bandwidth available for me to post all the negative things I could about the McCanns. To be perfectly honest they make me want to puke and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. I made my thoughts known about them on previous thread(s) and nothing I have read/heard/seen about this case in the interim has changed my mind.

The only person who deserves any sympathy is Madeleine - and her siblings. Her parents and the rest of the tossers they went on holiday with can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo

its about as crass as your 99% claim.

SaulAlinsky