Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2011, 03:03 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo
OK, I'll bite; I'll guess most people who have made negative comments on this thread haven't got kids, or have never done anything involving their kids that they have later come to regret.

99.9% of adults are likely to have left their children and then afterwards thought what might have happened to them - I know I have.

You dont ever stop worrying about your children - my oldest is 21 and just finished university and I still worry about her - what she's going to do next etc.

Your analogy about leaving kids in the middle of the road is just crass.
i dont have kids but I know I wouldnever leave them unattended in a hotel room on their own whilst me and the missus went for a meal and a piss up.

is it a sad case? Yes. do i have sympathy for the parents? No.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I had a passing interest in forensic linguistics and was reading about it back then; it's often used in uncovering corporate fraud, insurance fraud, suspect's statements etc.

I'm a billion miles away from claiming any expertise in it, but I did wonder quietly about some of the ways they spoke about the events during the interviews that were broadcast at the time. I remember spotting a few 'markers' in what they said in news interviews. Sometimes though, when I'm reading about stuff I start seeing aspects it everywhere, so I wrote it off at the time and I don't remain entirely convinced in its efficacy as an application in any case. That being said, it has previously helped to uncover people who have actually murdered & I do begin to wonder what someone like Picornell would make of it all.

I must admit that I'm surprised that they've not undertaken something like a polygraph test; even if it's just to keep their missing daughter in the public eye and dispel all of this rumour and suspicion.

If they were involved, then their real crime was covering it up. It beggars belief that they would go on holiday in order to murder their daughter; it would make it so much harder to dispose of the body for a start. If they did it, it was an accident, I'm sure.

I do feel sorry for them, even if it turns out they did have something to do with it.

Regarding this latest episode, I can assure you that if some American male youth attempted to seize my daughter whilst we were on holiday, then the police definitely would be dealing with a blinking homicide; I've a lot of sympathy for the couple having their holliers interrupted like this.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
i dont have kids but I know I wouldnever leave them unattended in a hotel room on their own whilst me and the missus went for a meal and a piss up.

is it a sad case? Yes. do i have sympathy for the parents? No.
Who said it was for a "meal and a piss up"? Where is this documented?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can understand people wanting to condemn their actions that led to their child being kidnapped. I can't understand the "hand in hand" comments that this results in having no sympathy for them. Can we not be sympathetic for the lifetime's punishment they're likely to endure whilst simultaneously recognising their error?
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can we bet in play?

I'd wager it isn't her.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 28-07-2011, 03:14 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyMatt
Can we bet in play?

I'd wager it isn't her.
just press the red button
Old 28-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
OK, I'll bite; I'll guess most people who have made negative comments on this thread haven't got kids, or have never done anything involving their kids that they have later come to regret.

99.9% of adults are likely to have left their children and then afterwards thought what might have happened to them - I know I have.

You dont ever stop worrying about your children - my oldest is 21 and just finished university and I still worry about her - what she's going to do next etc.

Your analogy about leaving kids in the middle of the road is just crass.

99.9%?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:16 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:
Who said it was for a "meal and a piss up"? Where is this documented?
ok I remove the piss up bit. still not acceptable to leave your kids in a hotel room on their own whilst you go out for a meal with the missus is it?

as I said before I dont have kids but I know if I did I would never leave them on their own like they did. basic parenting surely?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyMatt
Can we bet in play?

I'd wager it isn't her.

Ill lay you 1/10000
Old 28-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
ok I remove the piss up bit. still not acceptable to leave your kids in a hotel room on their own whilst you go out for a meal with the missus is it?

as I said before I dont have kids but I know if I did I would never leave them on their own like they did. basic parenting surely?
From what I recall, they went for a meal at a chalet only a couple of doors away. (I maybe be wrong).

I think I'd do that as a parent.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:20 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
From what I recall, they went for a meal at a chalet only a couple of doors away. (I maybe be wrong).

lousy parent

SaulAlinsky
Old 28-07-2011, 03:21 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:

well I must be different, even if it was next door I would be reluctant. why didnt they just take the kids to the chalet and let them nap there whilst they ate?

actually I am sure its was a restaurant
Old 28-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

With crèche facility on site (which they had used previously during the holiday?)

Leaving the french windows unlocked on a ground floor room and your three children inside?

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-07-2011, 03:24 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It was not a few doors away. It was out of eyesight and out of earshot - and they claim they left the front door unlocked (you know, like you do when you're on holiday in a foreigh country...)
Old 28-07-2011, 03:27 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

it was a restaurant from wiki,....

The parents have been criticised for leaving their children alone while they ate at a nearby restaurant despite the availability of a To view the link you have to Register or Login service and a To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
well I must be different, even if it was next door I would be reluctant. why didnt they just take the kids to the chalet and let them nap there whilst they ate?

actually I am sure its was a restaurant
You clearly haven't got kids. If I was next door and in sight and earshot I'd have no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle
With crèche facility on site (which they had used previously during the holiday?)

Leaving the french windows unlocked on a ground floor room and your three children inside?
No. And No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
It was not a few doors away. It was out of eyesight and out of earshot - and they claim they left the front door unlocked (you know, like you do when you're on holiday in a foreigh country...)
No, I wouldn't. If this is what happened, they made grave errors.

I still have sympathy for them though. How could you not?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:28 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:
You clearly haven't got kids. If I was next foor and in sight and earshot I'd have no problem.
No. And No.
No, I wouldn't. If this is what happened, they made grave errors.

I still have sympathy for them though. How could you not?
it was a restaurant 120 metres away according to wiki. not really next door is it?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Pure Codology

I have got kids and the McCanns did not leave their kids next door:

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
it was a restaurant 120 metres away according to wiki. not really next door is it?
I know it is only a few posts up but ...
Quote:
From what I recall, they went for a meal at a chalet only a couple of doors away. (I may be wrong).

Old 28-07-2011, 03:32 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

fair enough