Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2011, 03:32 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo
Who said it was for a "meal and a piss up"? Where is this documented?
according to Kate McCann in her very own book, in her very own words - the night before Madeleine was reported missing she claims to have got upset with Gerry on account of him getting up abruptly and leaving her and her friends in the bar. Mrs McCann says that this occured at 11.50pm. She further suggests that her annoyance with him is the reason they slept in separate beds that night.

So, to recap - just before midnight Gerry McCann returns to their apartment (Kate doesn't say what time she followed). This means that they left their three kids - with a combined age of less than seven - for something like four hours, with (apparently) checks every 30minutes or so. What do you think this group of adults on holiday were doing in a bar from approx 8.00pm till midnight other than having a 'meal and a piss up'?

.... and of course that is the same night about which Kate claims Madeleine said to her "why didn't you come when me and Sean were crying last night?"
Old 28-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Old 28-07-2011, 03:33 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle
I have got kids and the McCanns did not leave their kids next door:

so looking at this who would leave there kids there whilst they ate? and i should add with the door unlocked on a ground floor apartment.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
so looking at this who would leave there kids there whilst they ate? and i should add with the door unlocked on a ground floor apartment.
TBF I wouldn't leave my son out of sight and earshot in any apartment.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
according to Kate McCann in her very own book, in her very own words - the night before Madeleine was reported missing she claims to have got upset with Gerry on account of him getting up abruptly and leaving her and her friends in the bar. Mrs McCann says that this occured at 11.50pm. She further suggests that her annoyance with him is the reason they slept in separate beds that night.

So, to recap - just before midnight Gerry McCann returns to their apartment (Kate doesn't say what time she followed). This means that they left their three kids - with a combined age of less than seven - for something like four hours, with (apparently) checks every 30minutes or so. What do you think this group of adults on holiday were doing in a bar from approx 8.00pm till midnight other than having a 'meal and a piss up'?

.... and of course that is the same night about which Kate claims Madeleine said to her "why didn't you come when me and Sean were crying last night?"
I'd like to know what their friends think was happening with their kids while they ate and drank with them?

Any reports on that?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

The McCanns and Chillo.

The rest of us have a bit more sense.
Old 28-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Why would you go on holiday with your kids if you didn't want to spend time with them? I appreciate you may do different day time activities but at night surely you stay in, watch a few videos and just chill.

If you really must go out you get a babysitter, if you and your mates are getting on it every night why not have a designated babysitter each night a bit like a deisgnated driver, or heaven forbid you could even take them with you. Its not that much to ask is it?
Old 28-07-2011, 03:58 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All day in the creche, all night left alone. What a wonderful family holiday that was.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace
The McCanns and Chillo.

The rest of us have a bit more sense.
It's great to see so many perfect parents on the BBS; I cannot claim to be a perfect parent, or that I haven't done things I have later regretted.

There are some people with odd views on the BBS (as if I didn't know that already); I just hope that in the remainder of my life that I might strive towards the perfectional standards they have already achieved.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:06 PM
People are People

I don't see anyone claiming to be perfect.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I'm getting a bit

about all of this and I really need to get on with my work, as I'm likely to be here all night anywhere, but one more thing...

The fact that they left the French windows unlocked would be intrinsic to any cover up if, say, MM had died in their care the night before.

It means that the, possibly fictive, abductor would have been able to gain entry to the apartment without forcing entry and drawing attention from other hotel guests.

It's one thing to leave your kids in an apartment like that, but to then leave a door unlocked, on the ground floor?

It's all beyond dodgy.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Who said it was for a "meal and a piss up"? Where is this documented?
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
according to Kate McCann in her very own book
Quote:
ok I remove the piss up bit.
Dont believe everything you read on the BBS, some of it may be exaggerated.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:10 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's great to see so many perfect parents on the BBS; I cannot claim to be a perfect parent, or that I haven't done things I have later regretted.

There are some people with odd views on the BBS (as if I didn't know that already); I just hope that in the remainder of my life that I might strive towards the perfectional standards they have already achieved.
Only perfect parents know to not leave their kids unattended in an unlocked room in a foreign country?
Old 28-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

You keep digging yourself a hole there.

You even have Klinks agreeing with me.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:30 PM

cupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did they check under the bed? she was probably just hiding. Worth having a look, i expect she`ll be pretty hungry and bored right now.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:31 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If its true - can you imagine how large Sky news will go on it...
Old 28-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid stunt
Did they check under the bed? she was probably just hiding. Worth having a look, i expect she`ll be pretty hungry and bored right now.
I always find things down the back of the sofa myself.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:48 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
Why would you go on holiday with your kids if you didn't want to spend time with them? I appreciate you may do different day time activities but at night surely you stay in, watch a few videos and just chill.

If you really must go out you get a babysitter, if you and your mates are getting on it every night why not have a designated babysitter each night a bit like a deisgnated driver, or heaven forbid you could even take them with you. Its not that much to ask is it?
how old are your kids ?
Old 28-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I don't have any because whilst I was with my ex-girlfriend (thank god!) of 7 years and our friends were all sprouting them we talked long and hard about it and decided that we had too much partying in our systems, aspirations to go travelling and all the rest to have them at this stage in our lives and dedicate our lives to them. I also don't think the measures i've suggested are unreasonable, surely they all just come under the umbrella of 'being a responsible parent'? Also at 32 I know enough parents of young kids to know they take similar approaches whilst away

Last edited by Chris K; 28-07-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
OK, I'll bite; I'll guess most people who have made negative comments on this thread haven't got kids, or have never done anything involving their kids that they have later come to regret.

99.9% of adults are likely to have left their children and then afterwards thought what might have happened to them - I know I have.

You dont ever stop worrying about your children - my oldest is 21 and just finished university and I still worry about her - what she's going to do next etc.

Your analogy about leaving kids in the middle of the road is just crass.
Three big cheers for you and your honest approach.

Big boos to those who have little or no sympathy for the McCanns.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ