Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2011, 05:07 PM
A Poor Boy

Zohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fear
The hotel also provided a babysitting service in the evening. I believe the excuse was Madeline was a bit unwell hence why they didn’t use it. However, it was o.k. to leave her on her own with two 2 years olds!

The view to their apartment from the Tapas bar was obscured by bushes. They would not have been able to see anyone enter or leave their apartment from where they were.

They must be going through hell but I still cannot fathom out why one earth they would have left three small children (night after night it has to be said!) on their own!! I understand we all do things we regret later but leaving 3 kids in an unfamiliar place? What right minded parents would do that simply so they can go and enjoy themselves? What if one of the kids had woken or fell etc just after they had been checked on? They would have been scared wittless and none of the parents would have been any wiser until the next time they were checked and even those timings were inconsistent!
Old 28-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Three big cheers for you and your honest approach.

Big boos to those who have little or no sympathy for the McCanns.

If they had kept out of the media spotlight and stopped lapping up the attention like media whores, writing books about it etc then id have a lot more sympathy for them, but something about it all is not quite right and is very strange.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
If they had kept out of the media spotlight and stopped lapping up the attention like media whores, writing books about it etc then id have a lot more sympathy for them, but something about it all is not quite right and is very strange.
I know - the right thing to do would have been to shut up and not say a word about it. That's the only normal thing to do when you lose a child.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Indeed, let the police do their jobs and act in a dignified manner, im glad you agree with me
Old 28-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Semper Idem

I am certainly glad you have such confidence in the Portuguese police.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:15 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I know - the right thing to do would have been to shut up and not say a word about it. That's the only normal thing to do when you lose a child.
The normal thing to do would have been to not leave them where and how they left them.

Sympathy to the other children for growing up without their sister and also having to grow up in the knowledge that it is all because of their parent's negligence.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
and cashing in on the episode by writing a book is the 'normal thing'?
Old 28-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
The normal thing to do would have been to not leave them where and how they left them.

Sympathy to the other children for growing up without their sister and also having to grow up in the knowledge that it is all because of their parent's negligence.
I am sorry - knowing you as I do - that you feel the need to express this nastier, Alfish, side of your character.

All of us who have children have made mistakes with them; nearly all of us are lucky a lot of the time that more harm has not resulted.

To not be able to sympathise with someone - whether or not they are culpable - who has lost a loved one is to be a bit of an unpleasant piece of work.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:18 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I am certainly glad you have such confidence in the Portuguese police.
So tell me why you have not any confidence ?
Old 28-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle
So tell me why you have not any confidence ?
To view the link you have to Register or Login may not be the most authoritative answer, but it's the easiest.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Shake it Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz

To not be able to sympathise with someone - whether or not they are culpable - who has lost a loved one is to be a bit of an unpleasant piece of work.

I dont think anyone has said they have no sympathy at all for them
Old 28-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
I dont think anyone has said they have no sympathy at all for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
I don't have sympathy for the parents.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
To view the link you have to Register or Login may not be the most authoritative answer, but it's the easiest.
Beacuse the British media said so?
Old 28-07-2011, 05:29 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Book or no book (and why not anyway as they are probably using the money to fund their 4 year search) it would be mean and heartless to judge unless and until we know what really happened. I admit I have always found the whole thing a bit odd to say the least - but there could be any number of reasons for that as I don't have all the facts.
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Brittania Stadium 19th December 2015 - The Invincibles Last Stand?
Old 28-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
Beacuse the British media said so?
No.

You might need to read beyond the first five words.

hth

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:31 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How old are the other kids now?

I wonder how they will feel when they are old enough to understand and start looking into what happened.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:34 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Its also the one which is utilising the views over the investigation into the disappearence, the lack of cooperation by both McCanns in the investigation once the Police changed tact and started to investigate them is well documented.. Kate refused to answer any questions and spent time texting from the police station and within days they suddenly are on the plane coming home.....the constant cry that they want the investigation reopened it can be all rthey need to do is offically ask the Portugese police some reason they never have.......
I have to admit I am very much on the side that there is far more to this there are so many unanswered questions and questionable actions by the McCanns and those on holiday with them
Old 28-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle
Its also the one which is utilising the views over the investigation into the disappearence, the lack of cooperation by both McCanns in the investigation once the Police changed tact and started to investigate them is well documented.
That's a mere diversionary tactic on your part.

You asked me why I thought the Portuguese police were incompetent, and I gave you the answer. The actions of the McCanns in that context are neither here nor there.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Well, I sympathise with them even if they did have something to do with it.

But there's too many unanswered questions:-

*Why did they leave two babies and a four year old girl, with the door unlocked, in their ground floor apartment that evening & not utilise the babysitting service that they had used earlier in the holiday?

*Why did they selectively delete SMS messages and records of phone calls between them in the night and day leading up to the reported abduction?

*Why did a dog which is trained to sniff for human corpses give a positive result in their apartment?

*Why didn't they sit a polygraph test when they were invited; to dispel the rumours and suspicion?

There are other questions in circulation, like the blood in the room and the hire car; but those are the verifiable ones that I would address... it would also help keep their daughter in the public eye.

I feel sorry for them, involvement or otherwise, but there's quite a lot of things that don't add up.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-07-2011, 05:44 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
and cashing in on the episode by writing a book is the 'normal thing'?
If by writing that book you were able to continue funding private investigators, yes, I would consider it pretty normal in their situation.

The Mccans really do seem to polarise public opinion. Half the country seem to be deeply sympathetic to them, the other half seem to be deeply suspicious of them.

Personally, when you hear the stories of children turning up years after most had given up hope of them being seen again, doing everything in your power to try to keep her in the public eye seems about as sane a decision a parent can make. If it were me, I wouldn't give a damn if it made me look like a guilty suspect or if people started to speculate if I was writing a book to try and "cash in" as long as in my mind it gave me a better chance of seeing my kid. Truth be told, unless you were involved in a high profile court case it's really very hard to tell how you'd react and what actions you'd take.