Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-07-2011, 05:50 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
That's a mere diversionary tactic on your part.

You asked me why I thought the Portuguese police were incompetent, and I gave you the answer. The actions of the McCanns in that context are neither here nor there.
Not really Maz there is and still is some very professional manipulation of the media and in some context facts....reading this thread someone was sure that they were a few yards away not 120 meters behind bushes with no line of sight.......the were they or were they not pissed dont know though they certainly had been drinking......Whilst the case in the early days entailed regular updates to the MCCanns there was no crtics of the police...as soon as it turned towards them these stories came out...

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 28-07-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:50 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
If they had kept out of the media spotlight and stopped lapping up the attention like media whores, writing books about it etc then id have a lot more sympathy for them, but something about it all is not quite right and is very strange.
I maybe wrong, but is not the reason or at least part of the the reason they raise money to fund the investigation into Madaline's kidnap and also to fund a charity that helps parents with missing children?

I have huge sympathy for them as they have to live with the fact that their daughter is missing because they made a very big mistake and of course they as most of us would do all they can to find her, or at least find out what happened to her.

I am sure all parents (I know I do) have regrets about decsions they make during their childrens early life which can have a negative effect. Of course the vast majority of us are lucky that mistakes do not have anything like to terrible outcome they are suffering.

In many ways I feel that they have shown great courage in staying in the spotlight as they must know they will generate negative comments. However they do act as a reminder to everybody just how many children go missing each year and are never found and how many families suffer the continuing horror of the situation.

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 28-07-2011, 05:58 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Ignoring the rights and wrongs of the McCanns leaving their children unattended while they went out for the night, the statistical chances of what transpired was still very very low.

So on the plus side for them, should they choose to do the same again, the chances of it happening twice to them would be almost non existent.

They can therefore go out and get smashed safe in the knowledge that their kids will be safer than any other kids in the same position.

Every cloud and all that.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:06 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
I don't have any because whilst I was with my ex-girlfriend (thank god!) of 7 years and our friends were all sprouting them we talked long and hard about it and decided that we had too much partying in our systems, aspirations to go travelling and all the rest to have them at this stage in our lives and dedicate our lives to them. I also don't think the measures i've suggested are unreasonable, surely they all just come under the umbrella of 'being a responsible parent'? Also at 32 I know enough parents of young kids to know they take similar approaches whilst away
blimey I only asked !!

I think all parents make mistakes - we've made a few including me letting my youngest get run over after the Cardiff match a few years ago (we won 2-1).

That said I don't think we would ever leave them that young unattended but I'm not going to condemn them and they absolutely deserve sympathy IMO.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Travelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
Ignoring the rights and wrongs of the McCanns leaving their children unattended while they went out for the night, the statistical chances of what transpired was still very very low.

So on the plus side for them, should they choose to do the same again, the chances of it happening twice to them would be almost non existent.

They can therefore go out and get smashed safe in the knowledge that their kids will be safer than any other kids in the same position.

Those statistics are why I always carry a bomb on a plane.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:25 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelcard
Those statistics are why I always carry a bomb on a plane.
Good on you, for ensuring the safety of not only yourself but also your fellow passengers.

It also highlights the problem with our criminal justice system,( before we start laying that at the door of the portugeuse alone) in that your worthy justification for your actions, in a court of law would be ignored and you would simply be locked up as if you were some kind of terrorist nutter.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm not sure that works for the next child.

As an example if you toss a coin 10 times and it comes down heads every time next time the odds of heads or tails are still evens. So next time they should stay with the children.

Of course they should have in the first place as they now know. That's if you buy the kidnap story.

I should add that in any event I do have sympathy with them for losing their child by whatever means.

Lastly, if she is alive how much would she remember of the McCanns?
Old 28-07-2011, 06:47 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
I maybe wrong, but is not the reason or at least part of the the reason they raise money to fund the investigation into Madaline's kidnap and also to fund a charity that helps parents with missing children?
The Find Madeleine Fund is a private limited company, not a charity. The reason it can't be a charity is that it is focussed on one person and therefore cannot demonstrate any 'public benefit'.

The current directors of the Fund (created 12 May 2007) are:
Brian Kennedy, a retired head teacher (Kate's uncle)
Edward Smethurst A Commercial lawyer;
Jon Corner Director of a media company (long-standing family friend and Godparent to twins)
Michael Linett- retired accountant
Kate McCann - General Practitioner
Gerry McCann - Consultant Cardiologist

The filed accounts at Companies House are rather light on detail.
Old 28-07-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
Kate McCann - General Practitioner
Gerry McCann - Consultant Cardiologist
The greatest defence for The McCanns is our perception of them ie middle class, in respectable jobs ergo decent normal people.

Imagine this whole scenario involving a family who would not look out of place on the set of 'Shameless' and I think lots of people would take a totally different view.

What happened at best was gross child neglect on their part, and at worst...

well we can all speculate without fully knowing what actually happened.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
The greatest defence for The McCanns is our perception of them ie middle class, in respectable jobs ergo decent normal people.

Imagine this whole scenario involving a family who would not look out of place on the set of 'Shameless' and I think lots of people would take a totally different view.

What happened at best was gross child neglect on their part, and at worst...

well we can all speculate without fully knowing what actually happened.
Spot on, the cops would've had the thumb screws out on day one.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez
I think all parents make mistakes - we've made a few including me letting my youngest get run over after the Cardiff match a few years ago (we won 2-1).
I love the fact you added in the score after telling us that
Old 28-07-2011, 07:14 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu
I love the fact you added in the score after telling us that
and the thing was...the Surgeon had been at the match
Old 28-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I'm worried now - it looks as though it was 1-0 not 2-1. I never get Palace scores wrong I must be getting old
Old 28-07-2011, 07:23 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Remember way back when I had my first heart attack after being rushed in to intensive care being pumped full of drugs conected to every blipping machine possible laying there in the Mayday the porter who had pushed me into intensive care would come in every ten minutes and let me know the Palace score and every other score of the teams around us at the time.....great service all for free oh drew 0 0 Portsmouth, Andy Roberts had goal disallowed shot after final whistle
Old 28-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
I'm afraid I don't have a lot of sympathy for them at all.

When Jennifer was young, I endured some of the most cr*p holidays ever - but I never, ever left her alone so Mr B and I could go out and have a good time. She either came with us, or we stayed in the villa with her.

Personally, my gut instinct has always been that Kate McCann administered something to all the children to make them sleep for the evening. I think she probably accidentally overdosed Madeline, causing her death at some point during the evening. I think they then both panicked and tried to cover it up with the abduction story. Gerry McCann was always the spokesperson during all the press conferences. I think he was the brains behind the story and made sure Kate said very little as she would have been the one that would have cracked.

And that, M'Lud, is my case for the prosecution.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003

When Jennifer was young, I endured some of the most cr*p holidays ever - but I never, ever left her alone so Mr B and I could go out and have a good time. She either came with us, or we stayed in the villa with her.

Personally, my gut instinct has always been that Kate McCann administered something to all the children to make them sleep for the evening. I think she probably accidentally overdosed Madeline, causing her death at some point during the evening. I think they then both panicked and tried to cover it up with the abduction story. Gerry McCann was always the spokesperson during all the press conferences. I think he was the brains behind the story and made sure Kate said very little as she would have been the one that would have cracked.

ouch
Old 28-07-2011, 07:56 PM

grovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:

Source?
Old 28-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
o

as I said before I dont have kids but I know if I did I would never leave them on their own like they did. basic parenting surely?
i wouldn't leave my kids for more than a couple of minutes - not throughout fear of abduction though - what if one of Them Woke up, then had a serious accident.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovesy
Source?
My head and watching too many CSI, First 48 Hours, Women Who Kill, Morse and Frost
Old 28-07-2011, 08:02 PM

grovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkgrovesy sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
My head and watching too many CSI, First 48 Hours, Women Who Kill, Morse and Frost
ha ha!! them and a couple of episodes of Sherlock and a few Enid Blyton novels....