Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-12-2017, 12:44 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Write them a letter saying that you have decided to tender your resignation as from today. Thank them for the opportunity and wish them all the best for the future.
Yes
Old 07-12-2017, 03:50 AM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks people, your comments made me laugh. The last couple of weeks have been quite nightmarish really, and didn't give much cause for cheer. Plus yesterday, I learned that an old friend of mine passed away from a cancerous brain tumour.

I liked the idea of writing a thank you letter, then shitting in their printer! But, at the end of the day, I'm not vindictive and have tried to stay professional since I arrived. Already on day 2, I noticed how much they'd lied at my interview! So yes, I will just provide some constructive feedback via email to the main boss, and even though I want to return to the UK or Ireland for a while now, I will seek a way to get a good reference from them.

Alternatively, I will dress up as a red & blue clown, with giant feet, trouble walking and a painted sad face. Instead of quitting myself, i'll wait for them to come in and get me for their 'resignation', which I'm expecting otherwise. I will not let on in any way that I am wearing a clown's costume. Then, when they come for me, I will fake loud crying until I leave the building.

Background: in Germany they can get rid of you within the first six months without having to name a reason. Whereas in my last job I had three months notice, here it is 14 days. I catalogued everything that had happened and sent this a month ago to the 'Workers Council', who, whilst agreeing with me entirely about what had happened, told me they are powerless within the probationary period.

Effectively, this consulting part of a large German company didn't have any projects for me, yet is still recruiting for 4 new roles within my department. My boss, who had joined only six months beforehand, made error after error and constructed lies about me to cover his ass.

I was probably too passive throughout this period, but noticed early on that it makes no sense to invest in this company. In future, I will trust my intuition better during the next interview I have, and ask more probing questions.

Last edited by JimmyAG; 07-12-2017 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:58 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Wouldnt you be better off going past the six month period, or are you alluding to them going to sack you anyway in the next few days.

Are you jumping before being pushed?

Otherwise I would suggest getting to six months and then talking to the workers union again. Maybe, some compensation in it for you.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:14 AM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Wouldnt you be better off going past the six month period, or are you alluding to them going to sack you anyway in the next few days.

Are you jumping before being pushed?

Otherwise I would suggest getting to six months and then talking to the workers union again. Maybe, some compensation in it for you.
'Sack' is a strong word but yes, they will not keep me on beyond the six months. There's no 'real' work for me here to prove what I can do, anyway. The 6 months is up next week, subtracting holiday to come, and the workers council indirectly warned me what's going to happen on Tuesday (although they're not allowed to do this!). My boss constructed negative feedback 'from customers' which I have since discovered were downright lies. Yes, I'm thinking of preempting them with my resignation, so that, on paper, I left.

The bosses seem to love this guy, so it would be my word against his. I don't need this job that badly. I'd rather work somewhere else to actually use the 10+ years of experience I have in my expert area.

Last edited by JimmyAG; 07-12-2017 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:21 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Do some traveling if you can.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:33 AM

jjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjjeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Do some traveling if you can.
(Whispering) Psst JimmyAG. Careful mate. He's buttering you up, hoping that you'll bring him some Twigets in Chile.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle View Post
(Whispering) Psst JimmyAG. Careful mate. He's buttering you up, hoping that you'll bring him some Twigets in Chile.
They'd never make it there uneaten...
Old 07-12-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAG View Post
They'd never make it there uneaten...
Old 07-12-2017, 07:31 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
25 years ago I worked as a dustman. My boss hated me, and I hated him. He was a bit vindictive.
So when I was leaving to go to University, I wrote a 3 page resignation letter, citing dates and times where this Manager had been a dlck , and posted it through the Directors letter box.
They didn't ask me to work my notice, but they delayed paying me my last paycheque. I had to pay the accounts office a visit and the cheque was immediately issued. Three months later I took them to a tribunal for Constructive Dismissal, and they settled out-of-court (2 months wages).
I wouldn't do that again, as you come across the same people in the industry I'm now working in.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Sorry to hear this, are you planning on finding another role in Germany? or heading back to the UK or somewhere else?

In this modern global age its always good to try to leave on the best terms for references not matter what country you have worked in or moving to, even in a crappy situation such as this. I assumed moving country was a fresh start but found out from an ex colleague that references were indeed checked from my previous employers in London when I arrived here.

All the best with your next venture
Old 07-12-2017, 08:35 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The usual rule about departures is; leave Friday, blamed for everything on Monday, forgotten on Tuesday.
Tempting as it might be, remember that there could be people in the company with a spiteful orientation who could make life difficult for you - too. They have all your personal details, bank accounts, NI No etc. In days gone by it would have been spoof phone calls and tons of junk mail, but now there are more online opportunities to mess with people.
Hope things work out better in the next role and this experience is soon forgotten.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:54 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
The usual rule about departures is; leave Friday, blamed for everything on Monday, forgotten on Tuesday.
Tempting as it might be, remember that there could be people in the company with a spiteful orientation who could make life difficult for you - too. They have all your personal details, bank accounts, NI No etc. In days gone by it would have been spoof phone calls and tons of junk mail, but now there are more online opportunities to mess with people.
Hope things work out better in the next role and this experience is soon forgotten.
That reminds me of my time as an engineer There was a regular turnover of staff in our team of 4 engineers. We'd educated one of the Directors as to the basic requirements of an engineers toolbox. Generally , you're looking at around £500 for bog standard box and tools, and around £1200 for a comprehensive set.
Every time an engineer left, his toolbox in the stores was immediately robbed by the remaining staff.
I remember visiting the stores with a Director the day after an engineer had left, and we'd already stripped his toolbox. The Director looks at the empty tool box and starts shaking his head. "f uckin hell, we're gonna have to clamp down on these people who leave the company and take their tools with them!"

I agreed , "Yeah, Dan was always a C U N t"

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 07-12-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:08 AM

I hope Jimmy finds venting on here the better option, rather than leaving on bad terms.
For some reason, people who cause ripples in a poor working environment, are the ones that tend to get swerved for future employment. I've met people from the s hittiest working environment you can imagine, who after leaving , say "Yeah that was an experience". In spite of the fact a Director was fighting with a member of staff in Guildford High Street in the middle of our Christmas 'do'. How sh it do things have to be before anyone says anything ? It's like one ****** big game of "don't say anything bad, because we'll have no problem calling you a cu nt" (apologies for the multiple use of 'cun t', but it was appropriate to the context)

Dear Jimmy,....just be nice. You'll save yourself heaps of agro.

B'stards eventually get their comeuppance, and you don't have to be part of it.
It's like someone driving at insane speeds through country lanes. If they're looking for an accident, it'll happen

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 07-12-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
So the consensus is that it's not a good idea to say you're leaving because brexit means brexit then?

Some good advice on here, you really never do know when paths will cross again. And in my experience, even the most junior people can be in a position later on in life to put in a good word for you. Treat everyone how you would like to be treated etc, even if they don't return the favour. It's your integrity that counts, not theirs, and people do know who the good guys are, even if they feel unable to say anything at the time.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I hope Jimmy finds venting on here the better option, rather than leaving on bad terms.
For some reason, people who cause ripples in a poor working environment, are the ones that tend to get swerved for future employment. I've met people from the s hittiest working environment you can imagine, who after leaving , say "Yeah that was an experience". In spite of the fact a Director was fighting with a member of staff in Guildford High Street in the middle of our Christmas 'do'. How sh it do things have to be before anyone says anything ? It's like one ****** big game of "don't say anything bad, because we'll have no problem calling you a cu nt" (apologies for the multiple use of 'cun t', but it was appropriate to the context)

Dear Jimmy,....just be nice. You'll save yourself heaps of agro.

B'stards eventually get their comeuppance, and you don't have to be part of it.
It's like someone driving at insane speeds through country lanes. If they're looking for an accident, it'll happen
If I saw v bad behaviour etc in a work environment, I’d be willing to go through HR complaints procedure because some people do need to be dealt with officially.

But often it’s not as serious as that and it becomes a case of whether others will back you up, or even a matter of opinion. In those cases, I’d advise people to move on elsewhere rather than become embroiled in further grief that will make the work environment worse and possibly damage your references. Cut ‘n’ run.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:02 PM

ChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Handed my notice in today after 15 years here. I went with the traditional letter approach...
Old 07-12-2017, 02:23 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
I remember working for some fat old c*nt at ** who was constantly talking like shit to everyone and I could only bite my tongue for so long. I had enough one morning and went to temping agent on George Street and got a start with Vodafone for the following week.
Walked back in to the office and knowing full well I would get immediately marched off the premises I told her I had just found out I had gained employment with **** who were their direct rival at the time. I was in the pub 15 minutes later after clearing my desk.
They tried to knock me for my months notice and bonuses but a quick email to the union and it was in my bank within 48 hours.
Don't think you'd get away with it today but it worked a treat back then.

Last edited by WLYWLYAWYPWF; 07-12-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:30 PM
Having an off day

Ferris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 07-12-2017, 03:31 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAG View Post
.Background: in Germany they can get rid of you within the first six months without having to name a reason.
In the UK, because of the Tories, it is now two years! It's surprising how few people know this. Probation isn't worth the paper it is written on because of this.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:53 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
I remember working for some fat old c*nt at ** who was constantly talking like shit to everyone and I could only bite my tongue for so long. I had enough one morning and went to temping agent on George Street and got a start with Vodafone for the following week.
Walked back in to the office and knowing full well I would get immediately marched off the premises I told her I had just found out I had gained employment with **** who were their direct rival at the time. I was in the pub 15 minutes later after clearing my desk.
They tried to knock me for my months notice and bonuses but a quick email to the union and it was in my bank within 48 hours.
Don't think you'd get away with it today but it worked a treat back then.
cant emphasise enough the importance of being in a Union. So many times I could have used their support here in China in the last 6 years. Ironically, despite being a communist country the Unions here make USDAW look like the NUM. Limp dicked waste of time