Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane » Questions to CPFC2010

Notices

Questions to CPFC2010 Archive of questions previously answered by the club

Old 28-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Here's the thing, this board grew up quite organically as a part of the fan community. I'm aware that certain individuals have put in extraordinary time and even money to make it happen, but I'm sure that most contributors here feel a sense of membership and even 'ownership' of this community.

It's absolutely great having the owners post here, particularly Steve B., who is clearly an avid BBS'er just like the rest of us - long may that continue!

But - it's really annoying, and disenfranchising when the boards start to feel excessively modded and regulated.

I appreciate that there is a balance to be had between the owners sharing their time with us, and them being protected from abuse, inappropriate questions, etc. But I feel that, to a certain extent, the unique nature of this resource (fairly open, largely self-regulated, non-hierarchical, etc.) is the most important thing that needs to be preserved.

It's fine for Steve and the others to have set limits on what they will discuss (in fact, I'm sure it's imperative), but they have made the conscious decision to post here, so I feel as though they need to operate within the boards established apparatus as much as possible, and not turn a corner of it into a fiefdom.

I'm comfortable with things the way they are - and once again I want to underline how much I appreciate the owners contributions to this board - but, there have been times when the modding has felt slightly heavy-handed and unaccountable, and I would hate for us to head back in that direction.
Good post and I fully agree.
Old 28-08-2014, 10:48 AM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant with mouse gyp View Post
He made a lot more money for the club than he cost.

Snidey effort from CPFC2010.
He 'made money'? He made 0 money for the club until we sold Zaha the club was trading in the red. Seriously WTF are you talking about? Holloway got us promoted not Dougie the messiah.

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

**** it whilst we are at it; we wont qualify for Europe this season 18/19
Old 28-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunt View Post
Pathetic isn't it? Like a schoolyard bully.
And you're the knobhead at the side who goads people to fight each other but is too much of a pussy to actually put himself in the firing line
Old 28-08-2014, 10:54 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:

As with any player/manager, he was paid a wage. Are they meant to have eternal freedom to piss on the club as a result?

It works both ways. We signed him from the 4th division - he did excellently for us (I have written a long post elsewhere on why we should appreciate Freedman's contributions to the club). We gave him his first crack in management (at a time nobody else would). The owners didn't sack him after winning 3 in 25 and playing awful football. And he pissed off after 8 games (none of which were won by more than 1 goal - that started happening AFTER he left).

I think the owners are perfectly entitled to be and remain hurt by Freedman for the way he left, comments since he has left and other underhand actions earlier this year.
Old 28-08-2014, 10:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:

I make more money for my employer than I cost them and yet i am looking to move on for more money. If that happens i am sure my employers will say far worse things than that about me.
Old 28-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
And you're the knobhead at the side who goads people to fight each other but is too much of a pussy to actually put himself in the firing line
Hey everyone look its the toughest guy on the Internet!
Old 28-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Not at all , I support the owners 100% so does that make me a arse licker ? I don't give a shit . Now with Steve, he doesn't help himself really and wether he does it on purpose he does rub people up the wrong way . I haven't got him on ignore because I always know he will say something to get a reaction ( I've bit in the past ) but he's harmless really . What I will say is this week I've never put so many posters on ignore , what's with this place ATM ?
Yes, but when you challenge him for stalking you because you have been critical of his zero (sorry, hero) he cries you are 'nasty'.
Old 28-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Some twat called HRP negged me for saying something positive about the owners. As usual, can't make a comment to say why?
Old 28-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunt View Post
Hey everyone look its the toughest guy on the Internet!
Why are you such a ****
Old 28-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How is the bickering on this thread still ongoing?
Old 28-08-2014, 11:15 AM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Some twat called HRP negged me for saying something positive about the owners. As usual, can't make a comment to say why?
I have also just Negged you for bitching about being negged.
Old 28-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'kooch View Post
Not a bad way to announce that you've logged in
This had me laughing far more than it should have.
Old 28-08-2014, 11:17 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
The internet is a wonderful thing, but sometimes I think that it has enabled us to get TOO close to the club. Imagine having an open forum to converse with the CEO of Google or Microsoft or another blue chip corporation and doing nothing but criticising them, slagging them off and overstepping the mark with your abuse. If I were the recipient i.e. the club, I would pull the plug on the exchanges. It is not your God given right to abuse the owners of CPFC. You wouldn't do it in the street so why do it on here? One day surely they will say enough is enough. We are lucky to have such an open board, but let's not take it for granted.
Great post I cannot imagine A Wait R Noades or Ray Bloye doing anything similar in the old days it was a letter to the Advertiser if you wanted to have a go at any decision. The stupidity constant bitching and abuse is pathetic, the guys have made decisions you may or may not like them but to date the roller coaster has been climbing upwards every decision has moved us one step upwards not back. Call it luck or good judegement I dont care the ride has been far more enjoyable the last four years than many thought possible. If Warnock is right or wrong time and time alone will tell if its wrong its how its dealt with and the lessons learnt thats far more important. To bitch now is achieving nothing but showing how pathtic people are not standing back and waiting to see what happens, example the great bitch on here about Warnock on Talksport this morning not with the players put up last night. Instead we get a short what 4 minute interview cut short because he has to go but making many fans very happy with the content. Worse still are the keyboard warriors with the half truths conjecture or lies that try to justify whatever stance they are making. If the fans knew the truth there would be a revolt being my own personal favourite of recent days was on some thread or other , I love it absolute bullshit dressed up as I know something you dont with no fact nothing, for all I know it could be Steve Browett drinks white wine with steak.
Lets just do what we do best as fans, get behind the club, get behind the owners , get behind the manager, get behind the team, get behind the players individually and go forward.
If you really do want to bitch deride everything moan without offering anything, take a break try though not to miss the roller coaster when you get back on, be it going up or going down because for my whole life this has been the greatest trip I have ever been on from the real lows of Mullery and the 80's to the highs of 69 , Villa Park , Wembley and the Premier League last year.
Old 28-08-2014, 11:22 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNEAGLE View Post
How is the bickering on this thread still ongoing?
Piss off
Old 28-08-2014, 11:26 AM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Piss off
No it's not
Old 28-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
.....for my whole life this has been the greatest trip I have ever been on from the real lows of Mullery and the 80's to the highs of 69 , Villa Park , Wembley and the Premier League last year.
Amen to that! And I can go back to the promotion to the old first division in 1969, plus the Allison years, with that cup run in '76 being as wonderful a time as any. Yes folks, let's not forget, this is a club that has a history of ups and downs. It is not a given like with an Arsenal or a Man U that you will be top 3 or else it's failure. 4 years ago there nearly was no Palace. Let's trust those at the helm (who have already done a sterling job) to make the decisions and just be what we always have been, and that's the best set of supporters in the business.