Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:50 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexeagle View Post
Yep. He was right in the sense that, if you are going to continue to play exactly the same tactics then why change personnel?

Even after we went more "attack" minded by bringing on Sorloth we still played four at the back and the wide-men still played intricate passing triangles to try and cut in from wide and shoot. There was literally no point in bringing on a big man when we were not crossing the ball into the box at any point.
Which is why our current 'forwards' are so irrelevant in this style of play. However I'm certain Hodgson knows this more than anyone.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:59 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep. He was right in the sense that, if you are going to continue to play exactly the same tactics then why change personnel?

Even after we went more "attack" minded by bringing on Sorloth we still played four at the back and the wide-men still played intricate passing triangles to try and cut in from wide and shoot. There was literally no point in bringing on a big man when we were not crossing the ball into the box at any point.
They never seem to want to give Sørloth the ball do they? I've noticed this as well and it's mind boggling. I think our players over-estimate themselves and want to play nice football instead of keeping it simple.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Which is why our current 'forwards' are so irrelevant in this style of play. However I'm certain Hodgson knows this more than anyone.
Yep. But this technically also includes Benteke.

So when he comes back and into the team, will Roy change the tactics to use a hold-up/target man? Or will he expect Benteke to do intricate give and go start wide-right or left? My problem was with the lack of plan B. We changed personnel but didn't even give a plan b option.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:46 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep. But this technically also includes Benteke.

So when he comes back and into the team, will Roy change the tactics to use a hold-up/target man? Or will he expect Benteke to do intricate give and go start wide-right or left? My problem was with the lack of plan B. We changed personnel but didn't even give a plan b option.
No. It's very one dimensional isn't it. All I know is we have a 25 man squad with no set piece expert, decent crosser of the ball, or pacy front man. That seems quite nuts to me. I'd have 2 each of them.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:54 AM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its true that our options at half time were limited (ie no game changers). I think RH will probably realise in hindsight that he should not have said what he said about no game changers.

However I would say most PL teams would have struggled to score against Brighton in the second half, even with their 10 men. They sat back and defended really well.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
It was an awful and classless thing to say - and ultimately a counterproductive thing to say. I imagine Ayew and Sorloth in particular have no confidence when they hear the manager say that. Maybe he wanted to make a point to the Board but you don't do it like that.

Let's remember that he wanted Ayew especially and he was singing his praises after the Huddersfield game. Maybe Sorloth wasn't his signing but I'm sure I remember someone saying that Sorloth came via a recommendation from one of Hodgson's contacts.

Either way, he needs to try to get more out of the resources he has, even though he obviously needs more in January.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Looking back to when we played West Ham away in our first season ( 2013-2014 ) , I wonder if we really have progressed . This was our 5th win in a row and we finished in 11th position ( P38 PTS 45 ) .

Speroni

Mariappa Dann Delaney Ward

Puncheon Dikgacoi Jedinak Ledley Bolasie

Jerome

Hennessey Parr Gabbidon Ince Guedioura Gayle Murray
Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Squad Depth

On our day and with the right mindset we can give anyone a game. The Brighton game was disappointing as the players got bullied and didn’t turn up and I was only praising them against Burnley for standing up to the physicality and not being bullied. So wtf happened at Brighton I don’t know and can only guess it’s that they believed their own hype and didn’t turn up. Roy was however correct in saying that there were no options on the bench and I don’t think there is any money to fix that.

The first 11 is strong enough but to play week in week out without other options is concerning. We as we all know lack a goal scorer and it has been the problem for many seasons. Benteke fit or not does not work in Roy’s system so the only hope is Wickham who can actually play a bit but then again he isn’t going to get us 15-20 goals.

Let’s see what happens against the Hamsters. We are all worried but I do believe in the players and I do honestly think that the squad as a whole only get going when they are in the absolute shite.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:16 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Guedioura
Now here was a game changer. Turned the game on its head in Pardews first league game in charge against Spurs.

Was sold a few later.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
Its true that our options at half time were limited (ie no game changers). I think RH will probably realise in hindsight that he should not have said what he said about no game changers.

However I would say most PL teams would have struggled to score against Brighton in the second half, even with their 10 men. They sat back and defended really well.
We will never know because Roy did f*** all to change things
Old 07-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Palacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Looking back to when we played West Ham away in our first season ( 2013-2014 ) , I wonder if we really have progressed . This was our 5th win in a row and we finished in 11th position ( P38 PTS 45 ) .

Speroni

Jerome

Wish we would go back to playing wingers on the wing
Old 07-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Speroni

Jerome

That bench then is light years ahead of what we have now
Old 07-12-2018, 10:16 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
On our day and with the right mindset we can give anyone a game. The Brighton game was disappointing as the players got bullied and didn’t turn up and I was only praising them against Burnley for standing up to the physicality and not being bullied. So wtf happened at Brighton I don’t know and can only guess it’s that they believed their own hype and didn’t turn up. Roy was however correct in saying that there were no options on the bench and I don’t think there is any money to fix that.

The first 11 is strong enough but to play week in week out without other options is concerning. We as we all know lack a goal scorer and it has been the problem for many seasons. Benteke fit or not does not work in Roy’s system so the only hope is Wickham who can actually play a bit but then again he isn’t going to get us 15-20 goals.

Let’s see what happens against the Hamsters. We are all worried but I do believe in the players and I do honestly think that the squad as a whole only get going when they are in the absolute shite.

I'm Positive in Every Game,Never Worried,we'll Win.COYP.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 PM
South Penge Massive

I'm never worried we'll win either. Much easier that way.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:03 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I'm never worried we'll win either. Much easier that way.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:12 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
I think blaming the tactics is the easy way out. The tactics are why we didn’t win, I can partially accept that.

But the tactics aren’t why we lost, Brighton had 3 shots on goal, scored all 3, and every one stemmed from absolutely shit defending plus the additional shit decisions. AWB and Lula not talking caused the penalty, our atrocious marking caused the second, we had at least 3 players marking no one at all at a corner! And the 3rd was awful defending again.

Whilst I can accept we were highly unlikely going to win the game the way we played and the way the team was set up, with hindsight of course. But the tactics aren’t why we lost. That is on the players 100%. The manager is always the one sacrificed when it doesn’t go well.

But for a change the fans need to look closer to the pitch for who to blame sometimes! Our defending was awful and like all season, our shooting has been woeful.
We're playing with the same team,formation,setup and style in every single game.If you were an opposition manager would you have much difficulty setting up to stop our strengths and finding our weaknesses when we show everyone every week?
Old 08-12-2018, 07:36 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
We're playing with the same team,formation,setup and style in every single game.If you were an opposition manager would you have much difficulty setting up to stop our strengths and finding our weaknesses when we show everyone every week?
Fair point that.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:37 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
That bench then is light years ahead of what we have now
And better balanced, the scouting and recruiting needs complete overhaul end of!.