Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:58 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In his first two appearances as a sub he was yellow carded and I had my doubts. Since then his performances have improved and if he can get his shooting boots on I can see a useful contribution in goals. His pass to Andros on Saturday was top drawer. He gives us that bit of physical presence in midfield that compensates for Meyer's size.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
By all accounts Kouyate wasn’t a good player in his last two seasons at West Ham. Which shows how much good a change of scene can do a player.
I'm not sure whose accounts, I heard plenty of WHam fans moaning about losing him, especially during their poor start to this season.

If anything his drop in performances for them coincided with WHam's Director of Player Recruitment, Tony Henry, stating that they didn't want to sign any more African Players as they cause 'Mayhem' when not playing. Kouyate went on to post that he's 'African And Proud' on Insta, which was liked by his then team-mates.

I wouldn't want to play for a club if they came out with stuff like that about my heritage either.

Clubs like westham and spurs have this rotten element in their core, and I'm so glad we don't have anything like that at Palace or I would reconsider my supporting stance.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As nostrils says his heading ability looks very important for us as we aren't the biggest if teams especially in the midfield
I note he was given fellaini to mark at corners in the man utd game

He is definitely contributing more and more gradually and seems to be able to get box to box and back again repeatedly
Both he and luka are needed I think if we play Meyer which might mean macarthur would be the one to miss out if we start a real forward one day

Harsh perhaps on macarthur who always give his all and a few goals to boot
Old 03-12-2018, 08:15 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
I'm not sure whose accounts, I heard plenty of WHam fans moaning about losing him, especially during their poor start to this season.

If anything his drop in performances for them coincided with WHam's Director of Player Recruitment, Tony Henry, stating that they didn't want to sign any more African Players as they cause 'Mayhem' when not playing. Kouyate went on to post that he's 'African And Proud' on Insta, which was liked by his then team-mates.

I wouldn't want to play for a club if they came out with stuff like that about my heritage either.

Clubs like westham and spurs have this rotten element in their core, and I'm so glad we don't have anything like that at Palace or I would reconsider my supporting stance.
It’s natural that Spammers would’ve moaned at the start of the season, because they had no competent DM (with Carlos Sanchez proving to be cack), and Wilshere and co were getting overran each week. Since then though Declan Rice has emerged in that position and been very good, so they don’t miss Kouyate anymore. My ‘accounts’ were West Ham supporting mates, family, and the majority of comments I saw on social media and West Ham forums.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:52 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really, really, really, really bad.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:39 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Started to look better against Man U and Burnley but tonight he was just another one who ought to be apologising.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:51 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
A complete contrast to how he played against Burnley and Man Utd, but he wasn't the only one. I'd have kept him on and moved him further up top, simply because they were obviously going to park the bus - our best chance would have been from crosses, and currently he's our best header of the ball.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
A complete contrast to how he played against Burnley and Man Utd, but he wasn't the only one. I'd have kept him on and moved him further up top, simply because they were obviously going to park the bus - our best chance would have been from crosses, and currently he's our best header of the ball.
So basically playing him as a striker, shows how desperate we are
Old 05-12-2018, 08:04 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
So basically playing him as a striker, shows how desperate we are
Well yes, but when they parked up and waited for the chance to counter, it would've been more effective than trying to pin point pass through a wall of blue and white. When it's that congested, he'd not necessarily be a striker, but at least be in the box. We had midgets in there in comparison to them.

I just don't think we had many cards left to play, and we surrendered one of our best cards.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Probationary User

Streets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsStreets was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Our crosses were shocking so even putting him up there I don't think would of helped in all honesty
Old 09-12-2018, 01:22 AM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This guy is a back up CB at best. Yet he's never dropped. His touch and passing is atrocious and his defensive qualities aren't good enough either because he's too slow for the PL. One of the biggest problems in the team right now along with not having a proper striker.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:57 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He tries his best but he's a workhorse and nothing more. He's exactly the kind of player Hodgson values. Unfortunately, we've replaced a Rolls Royce in Cabaye with an old banger in Kouyate. More good transfer business from us.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
This guy is a back up CB at best. Yet he's never dropped. His touch and passing is atrocious and his defensive qualities aren't good enough either because he's too slow for the PL. One of the biggest problems in the team right now along with not having a proper striker.
I think we were watching a different game. Granted, his passing could be better, but how many times did he steal the ball off of a West Ham player or simply get there first through pace and determination? Plenty. His football isn't pretty on the eye, but he's a hassler. Put him in the 2 of a 4231 and he'll be more effective like everyone else.

His passing didn't look any worse than Luka's or Sakho's to me.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:46 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Thought he had a great game till subbed
Any news on his injury status?
They made a very quick decision to get him off after he suffered his injury.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:55 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I think we were watching a different game. Granted, his passing could be better, but how many times did he steal the ball off of a West Ham player or simply get there first through pace and determination? Plenty. His football isn't pretty on the eye, but he's a hassler. Put him in the 2 of a 4231 and he'll be more effective like everyone else.

His passing didn't look any worse than Luka's or Sakho's to me.

Sakho is one of the best passers that there is.

He might look a bit clumsy but my God, we'd be utter shite without him.
Old 15-12-2018, 09:06 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Excellent today- well played. Hope he's ok.
Old 15-12-2018, 09:29 PM

eagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Big fan of kouyate, important to have a presence in central midfield
Old 15-12-2018, 09:37 PM

leeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was my MOTM today, constantly harrasing and breaking up play.
Old 15-12-2018, 10:19 PM

Gregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is here
I’ve come to the conclusion that he is good in combative games like today. He is strong, good in the tackle, and excellent in the air. His weaknesses are exposed in games where we go behind and the opposition pack everyone behind the ball. He doesn’t have the ability to thread delicate passes.
Old 15-12-2018, 10:40 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Great game today Hope his injury is minor.