Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 3 1.96%
PVA 2 1.31%
Sakho 3 1.96%
Tomkins 4 2.61%
AWB 13 8.50%
Meyer 7 4.58%
Kouyate 10 6.54%
Luka 2 1.31%
McArthur 73 47.71%
Zaha 5 3.27%
Townsend 16 10.46%
Schlupp 5 3.27%
Ayew 3 1.96%
Puncheon 7 4.58%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2018, 12:35 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
We have a shockingly one dimensional manager who is incapable of making any adjustments, so it is no surprise that we keep losing. I have said it before and I will say it again, anyone that continues to play one of the best wingers in world football as a striker deserves sacking.

Please get rid of Hodgson Palace before it is too late.
1 of the best wingers in world football. If you look at all the best wingers in world football they can all play up top also. Sterling messi Ronald mbape neymar rashford. Wilf has to adapt goals to his game which he is starting to do.

Brighton was not acceptable but that was down to Tomkins and poor ref. West Ham have spent 4 times more than us and have quality players. It’s a tough leAgue the margins are fine. We won’t be the worst 3 under Roy and that’s all what matters.

If we spend Everton/ WestHam type of money yes he/we should be doing better. But we haven’t so stop being double neagative.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:36 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Apart from the Freekick (which I missed as was buying drinks) I barely noticed Miliviojevic was playing, he is awful this season.

I nearly vomited when the West Ham PA said ‘Our little Pea’ when HERNANDEZ scored.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:57 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Meyer and wilf cost us that

Meyer just looked crap. I suspect he was just shattered after three games in a week having only just been deemed fit enough to even start games but he lost the ball cheaply 90% of the time he got it. A good cross showed his quality but his losing of the ball was usually the cause of us getting hit on the break

Zaha too. Not as bad as Meyer but really had a good few chances to run his man and didn’t. Poor first touch too, the ball just didn’t stick. It was a meh performance but set against his own high standards it was a shocker. The yellow sums it up.

Otherwise we weren’t awful, just kept getting hit on the break from cheap give aways. In addition to that our standard inabitly to cross to anyone of course meant final third was hugely limited and predictable. Despite that we matched a good and dangerous side.

Unfortunatly they scored three cracking goals. Top draw finishing and ruthless. Brighton too. I think we’ve conceded more actual goals than expected goals in the last two games which shows how statistically freakish the finishing has been against us.

We’ve been unfortunate at times, we’ve been exposed to our lack for a forward continually and are struggling with that. We’ve been unbelievably bad at taking chances and shockingly unlucky at hitting the Woodwork.. it’s been the perfect storm this season.

Now... most worryingly of all we are reacting badly. Players look frustrated.. see the silly bookings for wilf and Tomkins. They are loosing their heads, starting to feel the ‘curse’ and that it might already be impossible whatever they do. That’s the worry. That edge is lost because ‘what’s the point’. They are making stupid mistakes.

Without Tomkins and wilf I fear for us against Leicester as that would have been a chance to bounce back from these two games and then it’s city. We could be routed to the bottom of the table at Christmas and I think heads are gone then.

Shit luck and self capitulation combined. We are that team that shouldn’t be in this position but are and it’s starting to feel written. We need to break the cycle but I’m not sure we will now
Old 09-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by melteagle View Post
It says it all when he puts Puncheon on - he's been finished for at least two seasons - I've completely lost interest - nobody other than the usual journeymen/mercenary types looking for some easy money will want to come here in January
This is really worrying, and I think is what is happening to a lot of people, even committed long term season ticket holders

The football served up in the most part this season has been dire, slow and plodding. Someone compared it to Peter Taylors reign, that's how bad its been. At least Taylor had the excuse of no money and a poor squad

Roy seems a decent man and he did a very good job last season, but this season has been a shambles

Despite individuals who are talented our defence has been a joke all season and we have little or no creativity in midfield

With Wilf off form we pose zero threat up front too

Yes we have lost Benteke, but continued refusal to try and play with a dedicated centre forward, lack of positive substitutions and sitting back when we have scored is sucking the life out of the team and fanbase

Something needs to change, urgently, or not only we will be relegated, it will be with a whimper and leave a demoralised fanbase who have been subdued by the dross they have been watching week in week out.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:50 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Why take out the guy who has probably been our best player all season? Ward is nowhere near as good as AWB.
Because he's starting to look tired and his performances are suffering when compared to earlier in the season. It's the sort of situation management that many claim they want.