Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Should Puncheon be dropped?
Yes 564 80.69%
No 135 19.31%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-07-2018, 09:02 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I hate hearing things like this.
Yes because we do not know why. To many people like to put the boot in while a man is down rather the give him a chance to get back on his feet again.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:20 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
When is his contract up, this year?
Old 11-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Pity he couldn't be arsed to walk over a for a photo with a couple of young Swedish Palace fans at the halmstad game. Too tired to do the 10 metre round trip, clearly.
I realise this is an old post, but really surprised about this. He was excellent at the CPSCC Christmas Party last week.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-12-2018, 01:42 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was one of my favs, but nothing to suggest he is anything but finished here.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:37 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Hodgson saying we’re in talks with Huddersfield over the sale of Punch.

I have loved watching Punch play for Palace. A local lad who always gave his all. He kept us up for the first 2 seasons and was class in the no10 role. Gave me the briefest most emotional moment of my CPFC life. Was a brilliant player until he got made to play more defensive. Good luck Punch and thanks for everything
Old 02-01-2019, 11:42 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Hodgson saying we’re in talks with Huddersfield over the sale of Punch.

I have loved watching Punch play for Palace. A local lad who always gave his all. He kept us up for the first 2 seasons and was class in the no10 role. Gave me the briefest most emotional moment of my CPFC life. Was a brilliant player until he got made to play more defensive. Good luck Punch and thanks for everything

First thing he did when he joined was to buy a private box in the Whitehorse for his family.

Palace through and through and I hope we manage his retirement well.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:48 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Top player for us and I'd be sad to see him go. Really don't know how he hasn't played more games recently when you consider how much Schlupp has played in midfield.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:24 AM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=GorBlimey;14572534

Palace through and through and I hope we manage his retirement well.

[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?
Old 03-01-2019, 12:40 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
What does this mean?

I'm sorry you can't work it out but if you need a one word at a time work-through then let me know the first word you have a problem with.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:47 AM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will only have amazing memories about Punch, his big goalscoring rout under Pulis especially, keeping us up. Nothing but love for the man but I think still has more than enough quality to be playing in the PL, just not as a DM ffs. Good luck to him.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:48 AM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Punch for everything. The goal at Wembley. The goals against Cardiff, United, Liverpool, City, Spurs and Norwich. You saved us more than enough times. Cheers Punch
Old 03-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I'm sorry you can't work it out but if you need a one word at a time work-through then let me know the first word you have a problem with.
It’s a fair question though

Given he isn’t retiring and all that
Old 03-01-2019, 01:11 AM

He's retiring from CPFC.

What is so tricky about that?

If he wants a last hurrah buggering about at Huddersfield then good on him but I hope he is becomes Agent Puncheon and helps to send them down.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:40 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Would be sad to see him go , but as a bit part player at best these days and palace struggling tk off load players to free up budget I would gladly accept he has to go.

A massive thank you for all he has done, now he’ll take Huddersfield down!! If I were one of thier fans I would assume this was a signing to prepare them for the championship
Old 03-01-2019, 02:01 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
He's retiring from CPFC.

What is so tricky about that?

If he wants a last hurrah buggering about at Huddersfield then good on him but I hope he is becomes Agent Puncheon and helps to send them down.
It’s an unusual thing to say about a player being sold to another club to continue there playing career.

Do you say that about every player making a move from Palace past 30?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:06 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
one of those players who has a good period and then turns to shit. He has not been a premiership player for a couple of years. Think part of it was him and Cabaye doing the same kind of things when playing. Really liked him for a year but then his inability to take a corner or free kick or penalty really irritated. However, some have rose tinted glasses that did not see the decline.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:09 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
one of those players who has a good period and then turns to shit. He has not been a premiership player for a couple of years. Think part of it was him and Cabaye doing the same kind of things when playing. Really liked him for a year but then his inability to take a corner or free kick or penalty really irritated. However, some have rose tinted glasses that did not see the decline.
A little matter of a torn ACL v Man City might have had something to do with that, but actually was waning prior to that.

Personally think it is a bit of an odd move for him. Could he be a fill in for Mooy while injured or at the Asian Cup?

And yes... thank you for the Cup Final goal!
Old 03-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Punchy has done a great job for us, I was very surprised Southampton let us have him. Instrumental in keeping up us for 3 seasons especially pre-Cabaye. Great skill and vision.

Like the rest of us he's not getting any younger and his pace has been waning for the last couple of years. If he wants a last hurrah at Huddersfield good luck to him.

The fans owe him, its very possible we'd be back in the Championship without him.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:15 AM

Sureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s in the stars. We will sell him to Huddersfield and he will score their winner in front of his family box at Selhurst and not celebrate.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:18 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
It’s in the stars. We will sell him to Huddersfield and he will score their winner in front of his family box at Selhurst and not celebrate.
I thought it was a loan? He won't be anywhere near the pitch if so.