Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:54 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Disabled parking in and around Selhurst.

On boxing day I'm bring my Mum to Selhurst for the first time since she became disabled. Not having previously looked at this, where is best for blue badge holders to park close to the ground?

I've long given up driving to Selhurst and choosing the train instead because of the sheer amount of traffic these days and lack of parking.

TIA
Old 11-12-2018, 04:02 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
There are some spaces for Disabled Parking in the Sainsbury's Car Park.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:15 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
There are some spaces for Disabled Parking in the Sainsbury's Car Park.
Thanks Hd, I did think this but I know they are time restricted (from what the BO told me) to 3 hours. In theory we could arrive at 2pm and chance it but if we fail to get a space it leaves us with a near on packed surrounding area. The club also won't sell spaces in the car park as they are sold on a season basis and not for individual games. Do you know if there are disabled spaces in the streets around the ground?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andy, you can park on a yellow line - without kerb markings - for 3 hours also.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:30 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I think Sainsbury’s time limit is 4 1/2 hours on matchday.

However, places are first come first served, so there’s no guarantee you’ll get one.

It really is a big problem and the disabled supporters I know tend to be dropped off at the ground with a companion, or they park further off. Whichever you choose, it’s wise to arrive early.

If you’re coming to this Saturday’s match, I’d come early and use some of that time to recce what’s available so you don’t drive around aimlessly on Boxing Day.

In the meantime, I hope someone else with more experience will join this thread and advise you.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Would these be any good?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:18 PM

Thank you Catford, Yoda and ME. Didn’t realise you could reserve a parking spot Pete round the ground at someone house, albeit with a small charge.

Having never normally needed to look into this because my Mum doesn’t normally come to games it certainly is very poor Yoda and something that needs addressing (which I’m sure if the new main stand happens will be addressed .
I took my Mum to Reading away in the friendly in the summer and the facilities they had for parking were amazing. I know it’s a bland, boring bowl ground but I literarily parked within 20 feet of the entrance gate and pushed Mum’s wheelchair straight in. We have lots of catching up to do in this respect.

On a similar note, are Arthur disabled fans (and their family) allowed in the Glaziers pre match as there is no official lounge area for the Arthur?