Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Our Lovesport podcast is out from Thursday night - includes an interview with Keith Millen where we speak about a number of topics but of particular note Keith reveals that Aaron Wan-Bissaka came close to being released as a right winger. Amazing when you look at him now.

All the podcasts can be found here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 25-11-2018, 12:52 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
What the **** was that noise that came out of Hambo? It sounded like a cough/sneeze/fart and burp all in one
Old 25-11-2018, 12:50 PM

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
What the **** was that noise that came out of Hambo? It sounded like a cough/sneeze/fart and burp all in one
Be thankful you were spared the visuals. It wasn’t good, let’s just leave it at that

I was impressed that I managed to compose myself to ask a question between giggling fits. Live radio can present some interesting challenges!

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

Old 30-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As we head into the weekend match against Burnley, we've dropped a new Preview Podcast for your listening pleasure.

Albert is off this week but was replaced by able deputy Mike Scott and he, Terence and I discuss the following subjects:
  • Seaweed wallpaper
  • Wayne winning POTM
  • The Singing Section press release
  • Salty German media
  • Jairo and Ray Lewington's comments about him
  • Ayew losing a race to a one legged man
  • Whether we'll ever score at home
  • A quick RIP to Darren Pitcher.
You can listen via your usual podcasting app, Spotify or the player on our new website - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-12-2018, 12:08 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed discussing a win in the devastating recording tonight.

I was joined by Diyar, Si and Chris C in a show where I genuinely had to completely change the way we do the running order because of the sheer number chances created and talking points.

Hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoyed recording it: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Preview Pod is back for the West Ham game (and a discussion on Tuesday night's debacle). Albert returns to join Terence and I to talk about the following:
  • Laxatives
  • Mice droppings in the food
  • Palace's worst Premier League performance in this era
  • Tonks' performance on Tuesday
  • Jordan Ayew... playing... well?!
  • A preview of the West Ham game
As you can see, there was a running theme of shit this week

As always, grab it from your podcast app, Spotify or listen directly from our new website - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-12-2018, 12:10 PM

On the review show this week, Chris, Chris, Diyar and Mike discuss:

- Brighton defeat & crowd homophobia
- West Ham defeat
- Roy in/out
- Transfer Policy
- 6 years in the PL
- Dr Pepper

In an homage to preview show, we referenced our drinks and in the absence of beer I chose a bottle of bushmills. Unfortunately the show went on for an hour and 40 mins so by the end I was completely mullered and unable to read my outro. Apologies for anyone distressed by my progression from sober, through “ranty drunk man” to gibbering imbecile. I’m not much of a drinker these days!

Old 11-12-2018, 06:54 AM

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Depressing but therapeutic episode. I went on a walk and listened to the entire episode. Good job boys

Also Diyar is mental. Dr Pepper is the nuts
Old 11-12-2018, 01:13 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Excellent - probably sums up how I feel . It does seem maybe we are always going to struggle but will eventually go down . I do like RH but I have also come round to the view that he has a stubbornness about him which is affecting results now .
Old 11-12-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Depressing but therapeutic episode. I went on a walk and listened to the entire episode. Good job boys

Also Diyar is mental. Dr Pepper is the nuts
Everybody is getting on at Diyar about this Dr Pepper idiocy!

Thanks for your comments, appreciate it - it’s not easy when the team are struggling but I think the show this week reflects that lots of people have hit a tipping point.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Excellent - probably sums up how I feel . It does seem maybe we are always going to struggle but will eventually go down . I do like RH but I have also come round to the view that he has a stubbornness about him which is affecting results now .
Thanks.

It’s a strange one - as much as the whiskey had me being a bit less measured I really did get to the point where it is as simple as not believing Roy is going to make the changes we desperately need to make to get more from the squad. But I do hope that I’m wrong and he does.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
A good pod and it is getting better technically (regarding volume and whatnot) however I take umbridge with Hambo when he said that everyone wanted Benteke and Sakho when we signed them because I didn't!

I saw Benteke as a younger Adebayor and not our type of forward. He was and still is a good player it's just he needs a team to play in a different way. I didn't want him before and I still don't now certainly not for the money he cost.

With Sakho I liked him when he was with us on loan and wanted to signed him for no more than £20m. As soon as we appointed FdB as manager my opinion changed because I knew Sakho wasn't a ball playing defender. I certainly wouldn't have spent the money we did on him and would have preferred to spend the money elsewhere.

Now, given the situation we are in I would want us to sign Sakho today and I'm glad he is with us because he is used in a different way. That said I still sign him for £27m.

For Hambo to say everyone wanted both of those players is unbelievable because I know of countless other people who shared my opinion on one or both of those players.

That aside, keep up the good work.
You’re not the only one who took unbridge. On reflection I should have said that on balance the vast majority saw those as important signings. I maintain there’s a lot of revisionism when people could instead just say they’ve changed their minds on players! I also would point out we signed benteke at 25 and when he got 17 in his first season people in general were happy with him. There certainly wasn’t a vocal majority calling it a waste of money - I just got frustrated with the expert hindsight managers and chairmen. Of course that’s essentially what we do on the show so there’s some irony there!

Old 12-12-2018, 07:23 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
A good pod and it is getting better technically (regarding volume and whatnot) however I take umbridge with Hambo when he said that everyone wanted Benteke and Sakho when we signed them because I didn't!

I saw Benteke as a younger Adebayor and not our type of forward. He was and still is a good player it's just he needs a team to play in a different way. I didn't want him before and I still don't now certainly not for the money he cost.

With Sakho I liked him when he was with us on loan and wanted to signed him for no more than £20m. As soon as we appointed FdB as manager my opinion changed because I knew Sakho wasn't a ball playing defender. I certainly wouldn't have spent the money we did on him and would have preferred to spend the money elsewhere.

Now, given the situation we are in I would want us to sign Sakho today and I'm glad he is with us because he is used in a different way. That said I still sign him for £27m.

For Hambo to say everyone wanted both of those players is unbelievable because I know of countless other people who shared my opinion on one or both of those players.

That aside, keep up the good work.

I disagree.
Everyone I spoke to wanted Sakho/Benteke. Even non Palace fans that didn’t know a thing about football, would voluntarily tell me their views that palace needed a big target man and Benteke would be perfect.
Even my 89 year old nan, who knows nothing about anything told me that Benteke would bring the best out of Wilf, and if it meant selling Bolassie and getting CB in, then it was a no brainier.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:53 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe Twitter and the Facebook groups have a broader range of opinion? I'm not suggesting it was the majority had reservations but there was a good few who thought the money should have been spread out rather than putting it all on one player especially as it seemed Liverpool were holding us to ransom.

I was just kidding.

My Nan wanted to keep Bolassie.
Old 13-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Trainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrainspotter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great episode. Listened to it twice even
Old 13-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Slip it!

A day early, but we've got a new Preview Podcast for you.

Albert is AWOL AGAIN so Patrick, the man with his own hashtag, is in the guest seat for this week. We discuss:
  • The Paul Nixon memorial
  • How to pronounce beer names
  • Wickham's goal for the reserves
  • New transfer rumours
  • How we will cope without Wilf and Tonks
  • Whether Roy needs a Plan B (spoiler: he does)
  • Whether Roy is on the edge of the precipice
  • Our predictions for the Leicester game.

You can listen to it on your podcast app, Spotify or via our website link: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-12-2018, 02:48 PM

Enjoyed recording the podcast this week. I think in the interests of trying be balanced we ended up being more negative than intended but some good debate. On the menu:

- Diyar’s continuing anti-Dr Pepper agenda, plus a startling revelation
- HF/atmosphere impact on form
- have we changed our minds on Roy from last week?
- Guaita PL debut
- Why Luka’s goal qualified as a “Gapalapa”
- Chris Clark attempts to alienate an entire group of supporters
- Patrick gets a proper microphone and we get to hear his real voice.
- Whiskey apologies
- much more football talk than this list makes it seem.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 18-12-2018, 08:33 AM

Diyar has never tried Dr Pepper but hates it because it’s “ old school”. On that basis I suppose his family have to shut down their kebab shop then.
Old 18-12-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Diyar has never tried Dr Pepper but hates it because it’s “ old school”. On that basis I suppose his family have to shut down their kebab shop then.
If the authorities don't get there first!

Old 23-12-2018, 04:34 AM

Thanks for dropping the review pod so quickly. I was still pumped about the result but had to go Christmas shopping with 50 billion other idiots so being able to put in the earphones and wander around listening made last minute Xmas shopping bearable

The “dr pepper” sponsorship bit after Diyars new feature had me lol