Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Adrian Durham. talented brodcaster or twat ?
Twat 213 85.89%
No, he's a font of invaluable football opinion 17 6.85%
Moo 18 7.26%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Darren Gough might have been a great cricketer but he is one of the worst broadcasters of all time. Ronnie Irani has good reason to wonder why he got sacked but Gough didn't
His not good at all,I do turn off when those two come on
Old 10-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
I shouldn't really bring up and publicise TalkShart, but he's doing his show on the racist abuse Raheem Sterling gets and asking "why is there so much hate in football?" Coming from the radio-antagoniser in chief, it smacks of hypocrisy, especially considering, and in the case of our club, his one-man hate campaign against Wilf which he's continued for years. I've lost count the amount of times he insists he's a diving cheat, and the nation's other teams' fans follow suit, abusing him wherever he plays.

The other day another pundit was talking about a dive at selhurst, to which he bleated 'you mean Zaha? Got to be Zaha' when in fact the other guy meant when Benteke dived for Liverpool.

It would be great if someone called him up and agreed with Sterling, that the racist agenda against certain players is still lead by the media, and his bile creates a negative feeling towards many players..unless of course they do what he says (i.e. go to a 'bigger club')...a club that didn't relegate his beloved Posh, which is probably why Sterling gets away with it in his slanted view of the world, yet has 'got away' with more dives than Wilf has ever even tried.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
I shouldn't really bring up and publicise TalkShart, but he's doing his show on the racist abuse Raheem Sterling gets and asking "why is there so much hate in football?" Coming from the radio-antagoniser in chief, it smacks of hypocrisy, especially considering, and in the case of our club, his one-man hate campaign against Wilf which he's continued for years. I've lost count the amount of times he insists he's a diving cheat, and the nation's other teams' fans follow suit, abusing him wherever he plays.

The other day another pundit was talking about a dive at selhurst, to which he bleated 'you mean Zaha? Got to be Zaha' when in fact the other guy meant when Benteke dived for Liverpool.

It would be great if someone called him up and agreed with Sterling, that the racist agenda against certain players is still lead by the media, and his bile creates a negative feeling towards many players..unless of course they do what he says (i.e. go to a 'bigger club')...a club that didn't relegate his beloved Posh, which is probably why Sterling gets away with it in his slanted view of the world, yet has 'got away' with more dives than Wilf has ever even tried.
Stopped listening to Durham 6 months ago, stopped listening to talksport a few weeks ago. It's taken me far too long to realise how crap it is.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post

Last night, whilst doing some chores, I was listening to their roundup of the weekend results - they advertised ahead, that they would have a sector looking at "Palace's relegation woes". The presenter girly announced that we had gone down 3-1 at West Ham, Dean Saunders said the answer to our prayers would be Billy Sharp, "who always scores, whatever the division", and another Neanderthal player, whose name I missed, said we only had Benteke, "who is never going to score again".
A normal evening's entertainment at Talksport Towers.
Commentaries aren't bad though.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:30 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Wasn’t Wenger the first Premier League manager to play a completely non-British starting XI and the first to name a whole match day squad made up of non-British players? He clearly hasn’t done the national side any favours over the years.
Am I right in thinking that was against us and they scored 5 goals in about 20 minutes against us
Old 12-12-2018, 08:39 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
I guess that's the game. Apparently, Durham's studio producer is a Palace fan - so there may be a bit of a wind-up going on right there.

I usually turn the radio off when Durham is on, as he seems to go out of his way to ridicule many teams, just to get a reaction from their fans obviously in the hope of getting some one on air to further take the piss out of.

So far, most Palace fans haven't taken the bait.
It is a wind up can’t believe ppl take him seriously . As said before in championship days he’d often go Selhurst midweek with PALACE mates. Chill bbs!.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:43 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
It is a wind up can’t believe ppl take him seriously . As said before in championship days he’d often go Selhurst midweek with PALACE mates. Chill bbs!.
Yep. Personally, I think he's funny and actually very good at his job - fishing.
Old 13-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Last night, whilst doing some chores, I was listening to their roundup of the weekend results - they advertised ahead, that they would have a sector looking at "Palace's relegation woes". The presenter girly announced that we had gone down 3-1 at West Ham, Dean Saunders said the answer to our prayers would be Billy Sharp, "who always scores, whatever the division", and another Neanderthal player, whose name I missed, said we only had Benteke, "who is never going to score again".
I make the Neanderthal player right
Old 13-12-2018, 10:40 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
I don’t mind him at all. Most of it’s a wind up and he has said many times how highly he rates Wilf. The worst show on that station is the two Mikes - they take moronic to new levels. I mean they’re surely ********?
Old 13-12-2018, 10:53 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Is this the same TalkSh*te as the other night said there was no way Palace were anything like going down?

Full of s*** the lot of them.
Old 13-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I make the Neanderthal player right
I called him a Neanderthal, because he had this kinda low-pitched mumble, which meant it was really hard to hear what he was saying.
I have nothing against Neanderthal lads, honest.

Old 13-12-2018, 10:03 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
And as an aside, I was pretty unimpressed with their coverage of the Cricket in Sri Lanka.
Whilst TMS is probably not as good as it was, but still far superior to the over-excitable stuff on TalkSport - All their commentators just seemed to want to shout a lot !
Old 13-12-2018, 10:03 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Darren Gough might have been a great cricketer but he is one of the worst broadcasters of all time. Ronnie Irani has good reason to wonder why he got sacked but Gough didn't
He's just the jester these days. A bit sad, but like Durham, he knows what he's doing.

There is absolutely no way anyone is that thick. His Barnsley accent makes it worse.
Old 13-12-2018, 11:34 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
And as an aside, I was pretty unimpressed with their coverage of the Cricket in Sri Lanka.
Whilst TMS is probably not as good as it was, but still far superior to the over-excitable stuff on TalkSport - All their commentators just seemed to want to shout a lot !
I think they think it's like football and can't deal with the rather different nature of the game. They don't have the stamina either. Maybe not so bad for 20 - 20 cricket, there's only so much sh*te you can spout in forty overs.

Oh and alsi they need players who square up to each other sometines. Cricketers never offer each other outside during a match. They love boxing, of course (I can think of nothing stupider or more boring).
Old 27-02-2019, 12:47 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
I've never paid any attention to Adrian Durham before, then I came across this and I'm firmly in the twat camp

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
“Crystal Palace vs Manchester United, United have 10 players out,” Durham said.

“Already on social media people are going wild about it, ‘how can you possibly say postpone the game?’.

“Well let me explain why the game should be postponed. Manchester United have 10 players out.

“Now even if you discount one of those players on the injury list, Mason Greenwood who’s a youngster, very highly-rated youngster but he’s not a first-team regular, you have Lingard, Mata, Rashford, Herrera, Jones, Matic, Darmian, Valencia, Martial all out.

“If they were all featuring on a first-team team sheet, if they were in the first XI, nobody would think it was odd, but they’re all out.

“So United have been robbed of all those players.

“It’s an unusual set of circumstances because we rarely have midweek Premier League games but we’ve got them this week and I personally love them.
Who knows? Maybe whenever Palace have had our injury crises in the past he was calling for our games to be cancelled then too, or he was calling for the likes of Watford's games to be cancelled as soon as the had hit the magic number of 10 players injured.

Or maybe he's just a massive twat who hates to see the likes of United having to play against smaller teams on an even playing field.
Old 27-02-2019, 12:54 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
I've never paid any attention to Adrian Durham before, then I came across this and I'm firmly in the twat camp

Who knows? Maybe whenever Palace have had our injury crises in the past he was calling for our games to be cancelled then too, or he was calling for the likes of Watford's games to be cancelled as soon as the had hit the magic number of 10 players injured.

Or maybe he's just a massive twat who hates to see the likes of United having to play against smaller teams on an even playing field.

He’s a ginger tramp.

Take solace in the fact that all this guff stems from the fact that we relegated his team on our way to promotion.

It hurts him bad.
Old 27-02-2019, 01:55 AM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is the match on tomorrow? I heard MU had a few injuries.
Old 27-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is here

A tweet from last year - Palace had 9 injuries for this same fixture. Didn't hear Durham calling for the game to be postponed then.

He's a professional rabble rouser and a total waste of air time.

Last edited by Andy in Rome; 15-05-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 27-02-2019, 08:56 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post

A tweet from last year - Palace had 9 injuries for this same fixture. Didn't hear Durham calling for the game to be postponed then.

He's a professional rabble rouser and a total waste of air time.
I'm pretty sure for the game, the week before against Spurs, we had an entire 11 out. I think you could add Cabaye and Ward to that list.

Durham just says things like this, to get a reaction.

Ignore him
Old 27-02-2019, 09:08 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Wonder if he’s like this at home.

‘Darling your dinners are going rapidly downhill and the sex is, frankly, shocking. Please text or call at standard message rates’