Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-02-2014, 06:44 PM

Jordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is here
Paul Nixon-what happened to him?

The whole Cantona incident happened back in 1995 which would have made me 2 years old.

I've a very vague idea, but i've never fully understood what happened to the fella, there's literally zero news articles on it, which I think is a disgrace, just brushed completely under the carpet.

Back to the question, can anybody explain to me fully what happened to Paul Nixon and what lead to his death?

Thank you.
Old 21-02-2014, 06:48 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-02-2014, 06:54 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The whole incident was very sad for friends and family who knew him as he seemed a regular nice guy supporting the club he loved. In regards to the incident were there any witnesses as to this day I am surprised no one has been charged with his murder.
Old 21-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very sad. I was too young also but heard about it at the time.
Old 21-02-2014, 06:59 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
The whole incident was very sad for friends and family who knew him as he seemed a regular nice guy supporting the club he loved. In regards to the incident were there any witnesses as to this day I am surprised no one has been charged with his murder.
Was his death officially judged to have been murder?
Old 21-02-2014, 07:00 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
is very sad. Is there really a link between the incident at Selhurst and this though? Obviously the people who attacked him were Manchester United 'supporters', unfortunately it just sounds like a case of Hooliganism?

Was anyone ever prosecuted for this?
Old 21-02-2014, 07:05 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
is very sad. Is there really a link between the incident at Selhurst and this though? Obviously the people who attacked him were Manchester United 'supporters', unfortunately it just sounds like a case of Hooliganism?

Was anyone ever prosecuted for this?
No,but some wankers from Salford were up on serious charges for dropping a breeze block on my mates head in the same incident.They got off but it was them.
Old 21-02-2014, 07:06 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
No,but some wankers from Salford were up on serious charges for dropping a breeze block on my mates head in the same incident.They got off but it was them.
bloody hell, I'm a younger Palace fan and shocked I've never heard of this incident before
Old 21-02-2014, 07:12 PM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is here
Went up that day with a group of lads in a mini bus , scuffles everywhere , very hostile around the ground , not just them groups of our fans aswell, don't think it would of been that bad if it weren't for the incident at our place
Old 21-02-2014, 07:14 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is here
I remember that nobody really cared at all for the replay, well apart from that horrid piece of work Keane that stamped all over Southgate.
Old 21-02-2014, 07:21 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
I remember that nobody really cared at all for the replay, well apart from that horrid piece of work Keane that stamped all over Southgate.
Yeah, a semi final replay, a great chance of wembley and it was just really sombre. The events on the sunday just knocked everyone i knew flat and no one was really up for the replay, i think we were encouraged to actually stay away iirc and just watched it on tv. Keane was a complete **** for what he did in the circumstances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 21-02-2014, 07:27 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here

Last edited by Chris K; 16-12-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 21-02-2014, 07:31 PM
sheeps

dbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A coach load of scumbags were tipped of that Palace were in the pub as i recall, looking for revenge after the *****na incident, whipped up by the likes of Paddy (****) Crerand/Fergason and the Moan like feck bandwagon including Charlton, they ambushed an innocent, non confrontational group of Palace fans in a pub that welcomed them on our away travels, why the police took no real action to find the MURDERRING Scummy bastards is beyond me. A group of elderly fans that my Dad drank with were threatened outside the ground, with one of the elderly women in the group being told she would be raped. Not all are scum, but the *****na incident showed them for what they are.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can the HF arrange a minutes applause followed by a rousing round of 'there's only one Paul Nixon'? This game is live on TV around the world. and I'd love to hear what the commentators have to say about it.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:02 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Paul and a few others that were on that coach were trying to protect some of the more vunerable passengers (women and children ) as they were all being attacked, Paul was stabbed and hit with a brick over the head, some of the windows of the coach were smashed and the driver not knowing that Paul had fallen under the wheel of the coach tried to pull away and he was crushed under a wheel, He often went to the Greyhound pub in Holland road before games, I was on another coach that was also involved in an incident on the motorway at the turn off into Birmingham, due to what happened with us we didnt get into the ground until around 10 minutes after kick off, on the way back we knew there had been a serious incident but it was not until we got back to the Greyhound pub that we knew what had really happened and that it involved the coach that Paul and a few regulars from the pub were on, we expected them all to turn up soon after we had arrived until a few phone calls back and forth confirmed it was the coach they were on, another mate of mine Peter who was on the coach and also a close friend of Pauls came into the Greyhound later that evening and told us the shocking news, I didn't really know Paul that well I just remember chatting to him a few times in the pub before games and occasionally he would go in there the odd evening for a pint and a chat with the lads. RIP Paul
Old 21-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We travelled up in our usual gang of 8 on the club coaches and as we got off at Villa Park we were surrounded by 30 odd manc fans shouting at us. We decided to get into the ground as quick as possible and pushed through. Being a bit younger I was quite amazed and probably a bit shocked by what had happened and remember feeling genuinely scared at that point.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Like a lot of Palace fans, I boycotted the replay out of respect for Paul Nixon - the press largely ignored this and the disgraceful actions of Roy Keane in the replay. I'm not sure there was even a minutes silence before the replay?
Old 21-02-2014, 08:21 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
There was a court case, but the police and prosecution screwed it up and those responsible got let off.

If you stab someone it has to be attempted murder, but I suppose they couldn't confirm the pikey with a knife.

Man Utd - scumbags, glory hunters, and tourists with a few normal fans to make up the numbers.

Our minibus was sent down a one way street by a know-nothing cop, and we had to turn around sharpish as it was pelted with beer and whatnot from a Manc pub.

Plus, my mate and I walked through several thousand Mancs at the end of the game. Many on walls and car roofs looking for Palace fans to attack. Think of that Millwall video where a group of them attacked one Portsmouth fan coming back to his car with a local woman calling them animals - that's what the Man Utd fans were like. Had one pikey trying to kick it off with us, blaming us for Cantona etc.etc..

Conversation went something like this:

Manc: Your lot got Cantona sent off

Me: No, he got himself sent off for kicking Richard Shaw

Manc: Your fan got him banned

Me: No, he got himself banned by kung fu kicking a spectator

Manc: Well, you're all just a bunch of pikeys

Me: Take a look at yourself mate before calling people pikeys - he wouldn't have looked out of place in Shameless.

My Mate: Look behind you (full of Mancs), he nods to a side turning, and we escape sharpish.

Could have turned out very nasty for us.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Travelled down from Stoke with mates (who were at united there) with a Palace scarf on the back seat. While on the M6 within a few minutes 3 car loads of Man U fans had surrounded our car trying to ram us off the motorway, slamming breaks and trying to tear wing mirrors off. Luckily after a few miles managed to slip them by pulling off into services at the last moment.

Got to Villa Park and spoke to others with reports of attacks and groups of Man U fans going round looking for revenge.

I am in no doubt that Cantona's violent attack is a directly connected to most if not all of the attacks by Man U on Palace fans that day.
Old 21-02-2014, 08:29 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Like a lot of Palace fans, I boycotted the replay out of respect for Paul Nixon - the press largely ignored this and the disgraceful actions of Roy Keane in the replay. I'm not sure there was even a minutes silence before the replay?
I went to the replay. While I agree with those boycotting it, our club made no official statement. Ron was advising people to boycott and his brother? was telling people to buy tickets.

What should have happened is the Club should have asked the FA for another weeks pause before the replay, and given people time to reflect.

As far as I was concerned, our club was playing in a semi and needed supporting.

Some news was made of the event. I believe Smith and Ferguson made a pre match plea for calm. Which makes Keane's actions all the worse. The ref screwed us by chosing to equal the numbers by sending our player off as well. How is that fair - Keane does such a horrific attack and we get no advantage from it.

TBF to Keane, he did at least apologise for his actions, something that Cantona has never done, and will never do. Cantano has never apologised and never made a concilitary or calming comment at the time of the semi. No-one from Man Utd did, except Ferguson.

That is why Cantona (and people like Crerand) is the utter wanker he is.