Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Since 1905

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Neal View Post
Good work.

Just as an aside, I wrote to Palace this week to say how surprised I was that Sean Derry as an ex captain said (at the 2010 Survival Night last week)that his favourite player was C*ntona.

Given what followed I thought he could have been more sensitive but then again, I never held Derry in the high regard that others do.
Not the thread, but I hope he was informed of certain facts after making that comment.

Until I saw on twitter, I didn't realise there was a memorial up in the West Midlands. Often there as I've family in the region so will try to pay a visit on a future visit.
Good effort from Matty. From what I've read Paul's family are private, don't like publicity but hope they appreciate the effort.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:31 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good work.

Just as an aside, I wrote to Palace this week to say how surprised I was that Sean Derry as an ex captain said (at the 2010 Survival Night last week)that his favourite player was C*ntona.

Given what followed I thought he could have been more sensitive but then again, I never held Derry in the high regard that others do.
Well ‘Shaun’ Derry is not a Palace supporter, so I dont know why you expect him to have been following the club as closely when he was younger and impressed with Cantona. I don’t see a problem with it being his favorite player. He is an independant player himself. He doesn’t even work for Palace currently.

I dont ever expect the same from people who played for Palace as I do of how supporters feel.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God View Post
Well ‘Shaun’ Derry is not a Palace supporter, so I dont know why you expect him to have been following the club as closely when he was younger and impressed with Cantona. I don’t see a problem with it being his favorite player. He is an independant player himself. He doesn’t even work for Palace currently.

I dont ever expect the same from people who played for Palace as I do of how supporters feel.
Just for the record not that it really matters but Shaun supports Notts County.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:04 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Just for the record not that it really matters but Shaun supports Notts County.
Precisely.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
I wouldn’t expect any players past or present to really be aware of the incident.

We’ve got current players who don’t know when the club was formed and what the names of the four stands in the ground are.
Old 13-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
I wouldn’t expect any players past or present to really be aware of the incident.

We’ve got current players who don’t know when the club was formed and what the names of the four stands in the ground are.
Even though it is, even now, one of the most notorious incidents in English footballs?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-12-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Even though it is, even now, one of the most notorious incidents in English footballs?
People might remember the kick but forget who it was against.

For example people might know Hillsborough was Liverpool but not who Liverpool were playing. Just because something is important to you, doesnt mean it is important to all.

Shuan Derry was 18 years old playing at Notts County at the time of the Cantona kick, still a kid, so I dont blame him if he admired a player for their abilities on the pitch, lets not lie what ever you think of Cantona he was a talisman as a player so you can understand why young people admired him. Derry was probably just asked a question he wasnt expecting and answered truthfully.

Obviously among Palace supporters Cantona is viewed as a thug and the spark of what led to Paul Nixon’s death.

Last edited by Wayne Andrews is God; 13-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 13-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Good work.

Sorry, what ?

You wrote to Palace expressing your surprise that a former player said EC was his favourite player ?

WTF
Old 13-12-2018, 02:36 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Sorry, what ?

You wrote to Palace expressing your surprise that a former player said EC was his favourite player ?

WTF
Embarrassing isn't it? I actually went red when I saw that post.
Old 13-12-2018, 02:42 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good work.

As Derry isn’t an employee, what action do you think Palace could possibly take about this?

I can’t stand Cantona and I think it’s a poor choice by Derry, but you can’t dictate to someone else who their favourite player should be.
Old 13-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
People might remember the kick but forget who it was against.
Don't be ridiculous.

Old 13-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I actually laugh when man ure supporters sing his name at our games.It was probably his absence that cost them the title that year.
Old 13-12-2018, 04:13 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I actually laugh when man ure supporters sing his name at our games.It was probably his absence that cost them the title that year.
And the life of one of our own so forgive me if I don't laugh.
Old 13-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As for Paul I actually wrote to the club and suggested it would be fitting to have a brass plaque mounted on the home stand,nothing gigantic just something that supporters could never forget.
Old 13-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous.
You think supporters of other clubs would know this without question?
Old 13-12-2018, 04:59 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
it's only important to Paul's family and friends and an ever-decreasing number of Palace fans.
Another shocking failure of the British justice system, that is almost never in the mainstream media.
I might be paranoid, but I consider people who go to football matches are seemingly 'fair game' to people in authority, but it is not a reciprocated process.
I think the murder of Paul (because that's what it was), is contrived to be kept under wraps by the Football authorities, meeja, police and associated authorities, because the fall-out would have much wider implications for football, policing and have financial implications for a 'football brand'. But that's me being cynical/realist.

Poor Paul , and his family.
Old 13-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
You think supporters of other clubs would know this without question?
Yep

Old 13-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
it's only important to Paul's family and friends and an ever-decreasing number of Palace fans.
Another shocking failure of the British justice system, that is almost never in the mainstream media.
I might be paranoid, but I consider people who go to football matches are seemingly 'fair game' to people in authority, but it is not a reciprocated process.
I think the murder of Paul (because that's what it was), is contrived to be kept under wraps by the Football authorities, meeja, police and associated authorities, because the fall-out would have much wider implications for football, policing and have financial implications for a 'football brand'. But that's me being cynical/realist.

Poor Paul , and his family.
I was referring to the Cantona "kung fu kick" against Simmons, rather than the tragic aftermath.

Old 13-12-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Yep
I dont.

I reckon half people asked at best would know it happened against Crystal Palace. It’s burnt in your mind but not for other people. Like I said I reckon most people wouldnt know who Liverpool were due to play when the deaths at Hillsborough happened.

Last edited by Wayne Andrews is God; 13-12-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Old 16-12-2018, 05:36 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Great effort by the lads up in Walsall , 17 lads turned up and did a great job clearing up the area around Pauls plack , photos on PTID Facebook , Well done everyone involved .