Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
I hope that the Palace fans are respectful and do not seek any retribution or do any inflammatory stuff tomorrow, in the hope that the ManU fans are similarly respectful in future. In fairness I don't think any of this unpleasantness emerged when we went up there earlier, I dunno?
Old 21-02-2014, 09:34 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I wonder whether Cantona, in his heart of hearts, actually feels any responsibility for Paul Nixon's death, or even any regret for the kung fu kick?
No , the thick ****.
Old 21-02-2014, 09:53 PM

Herr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I hope that the Palace fans are respectful and do not seek any retribution or do any inflammatory stuff tomorrow, in the hope that the ManU fans are similarly respectful in future. In fairness I don't think any of this unpleasantness emerged when we went up there earlier, I dunno?
Wasn't aware of any negative stuff up there albeit was in Spain at the time but would be very suprised if any Cnutona stuff is tolerated outside the ground.
Old 21-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Agree 100%. It was a very bitter lesson for our Club and fans. What happened after Cantona kicked that fan showed us that the media, football media and a big club, are always going to get the bias. I still say if a Palace player had done that he would have never p´layed in England again. Inside a week, the press shock turned into a campaign against Palace. There seemed to be little comment on all the other occasions that Cantona had kicked players.

It was a tragedy in Munich, but the aftermath with them winning in 1968 became a tragedy for fair play as they became the media darlings. The same can be said for Liverpool - see how we were stepped all over to allow them back into Europe early.

All that suits the Premier and it's armchair followers. Keep an eye on the twitter tweets on the BBC when we play against a big club. See what some arsehole fans of big clubs type on there. I remember one from when we held Arsenal 0-0 at half time, some tosspot suggested Palace with their style of anti-football should clear off back to the Championship where they belong. Add in Pelligrinis ungracious comments. The same stuff was levied at West Ham when they shut up shop against Chelsea as well.

Know nothing twats that don't understanding the difference between a team that cost 400 million and a team that cost less than a tenth of that. Winds me up that something like twitter exists to give voice to these morons. Pelligrini should have known better, but he has had bundles of money to spend at his last three clubs and inherited his current side.

It is annoying that so called football experts fronting TV and radio shows only seem to know and base their opinions on football related to the top six or seven clubs. I get the feeling that for them, all is right with the world when those clubs beat little clubs regardless of whether a penalty or sending off decision is correct or not.

The lesson to Palace fans, managers and owners is that we can't expect to take these teams, the FA, The Premier or the media on fairly. We have to battle to beat them even if the dice are loaded in their favour - and without complaint.
Spot on - I have also imagined the reverse scenario - cult hero Richard Shaw gets himself stupidly sent off at Old Trafford and kungfu kicks an abusive United fan as he leaves the pitch. Palace then spring to Shaw's defence and create such a frenzy that an innocent United fan is killed when the clubs next meet at a cup semi final

In the replay Southgate brutally stamps on the United captain ... If this had happened I would have been ashamed to support Palace
Old 21-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I wonder whether Cantona, in his heart of hearts, actually feels any responsibility for Paul Nixon's death, or even any regret for the kung fu kick?
Doubt it he's too busy dreaming about Sardines and Trawlers.
Imagine if a player attacked a fan nowadays in a similar manner whether justified or not, i would have a genuine fear for the players safety

Last edited by Gathers54; 21-02-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm watching the game in my local....a man u pub. All decent lads who always give me an ' Eagles' when I walk in and respect my team and that I support them. Lots of lads that have been ST holders for years and would have been at SP on the day. Never had a cross word about it. Just trying to bring some balance is all.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
Paul and a few others that were on that coach were trying to protect some of the more vunerable passengers (women and children ) as they were all being attacked, Paul was stabbed and hit with a brick over the head, some of the windows of the coach were smashed and the driver not knowing that Paul had fallen under the wheel of the coach tried to pull away and he was crushed under a wheel, He often went to the Greyhound pub in Holland road before games, I was on another coach that was also involved in an incident on the motorway at the turn off into Birmingham, due to what happened with us we didnt get into the ground until around 10 minutes after kick off, on the way back we knew there had been a serious incident but it was not until we got back to the Greyhound pub that we knew what had really happened and that it involved the coach that Paul and a few regulars from the pub were on, we expected them all to turn up soon after we had arrived until a few phone calls back and forth confirmed it was the coach they were on, another mate of mine Peter who was on the coach and also a close friend of Pauls came into the Greyhound later that evening and told us the shocking news, I didn't really know Paul that well I just remember chatting to him a few times in the pub before games and occasionally he would go in there the odd evening for a pint and a chat with the lads. RIP Paul
What a really sad story. I was at the the game and remember the tense atmosphere before and during. But this stuff does not make the news compared to what happened when cantona brought his ugly wife, his horrible kids, and his shitty fans to Selhurst Park that night.

Over time, and with sorrow, the daily mail wins I guess.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Thinking

Bintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is hereBintang Sam the man is here
I was on a bus a few years back in Thailand and there were a few Man U fans singing "When the wheels on the bus go round and round". I assumed this was to do with this incident.

If they start any chants about C#ntana we should respond with boos. The whole crowd booing them might be noticed.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:24 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Looking back on a lot of football history it is good that the vast majority of the hooligan element has gone out of football. It was never anything to be proud of and with the exception of going to Millwall I can't think of a ground I would feel worried about taking my son to. Chelsea this season was so different than my time as a young man in the 70s when the 'shed' boys didn't give a damn about the football. Hopefully none of the current premiership clubs need have those kind of animals, who were not fans, ever again. The best way to honour Paul Nixon is to get behind our team before, during and after the match to help them take 3 points and show Man Unt fans that you don't need a big stadium to really get what football should all be about.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
I was on a bus a few years back in Thailand and there were a few Man U fans singing "When the wheels on the bus go round and round". I assumed this was to do with this incident.
That's a bit tenuous surely. Stop inciting.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:35 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
I strongly suspect it wasn't even on his radar. To this day I doubt he even knows or links the two events.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:38 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I'm watching the game in my local....a man u pub. All decent lads who always give me an ' Eagles' when I walk in and respect my team and that I support them. Lots of lads that have been ST holders for years and would have been at SP on the day. Never had a cross word about it. Just trying to bring some balance is all.
I also suspect it some bullshit from a group of old school, somewhat disenfranchised, Man Utd supporters. A dozen or so idiots might don these masks during the game in an away section of 3,000.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
A Paul Nixon RIP never to be forgotten flag hanging from the Holmesdale would be a nice touch .
I agree. Something that will get TV coverage so that people ask who was Paul Nixon. It's utterly disgraceful how the whole incident was brushed under the carpet by so many people associated with football.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post

If they start any chants about C#ntana we should respond with boos. The whole crowd booing them might be noticed.
I know what you mean. I remember a Man U fan telling me he was on a plane and a few Palace fans started singing fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra just as it was taking off. It was obvious they were having a dig about Munich.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
Sometimes I wonder at peoples reactions..... From the point of view of Man Utd fans that are crass enough to wear these..... "Mission accomplished"

Just outsing erm, boo them and Ignore the Cantona stuff, and most importantly lets hope Palace win.

The only proper reaction to the Cantona stuff is "Munich" and no ones wants to go there surely.
Old 21-02-2014, 11:52 PM
mott eagle

mott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
remember it all well.
started 1990 at baker st cup final.
new Paul RIP from addo.
new MS still see him every now and again.
Old 22-02-2014, 12:03 AM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was only about 5 when all of this happened. What did Paddy Crerand do to stir things up?
Old 22-02-2014, 12:05 AM
dodgy keeper

cpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
I went to the replay.
Next day people said "I saw you on sky last night, Every Ads Break before the matck".
Old 22-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Making it So

Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post
I was only about 5 when all of this happened. What did Paddy Crerand do to stir things up?
Wass or whooshhh?!
Old 22-02-2014, 12:28 AM

Eaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglehunter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
God bless him !