Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-02-2014, 01:15 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Regarding the replay being boycotted, from my pointed of view I did not boycot the game. I felt numb, football was no longer important.
Old 22-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
I was on a bus a few years back in Thailand and there were a few Man U fans singing "When the wheels on the bus go round and round". I assumed this was to do with this incident.

If they start any chants about C#ntana we should respond with boos. The whole crowd booing them might be noticed.
I agree with you on both aspects/paragraphs. We can jeer out any chants about Contono whilst simultaneously inspiring our own boys, although they may not, yet, be so aware of how we as fans feel about this subject. Lets stay classy though

To the poster below who refers to incitement, I think you are wrong
Old 22-02-2014, 02:08 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
No , the thick ****.
I do indeed have a feeling he was not that bright. A silly sausage really ...
Old 22-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter View Post
Wasn't aware of any negative stuff up there albeit was in Spain at the time but would be very suprised if any Cnutona stuff is tolerated outside the ground.
I do hope we stay classy, and any dissenting Mancs are dealt with appropriately in an intelligent fashion.....
Old 22-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
Imagine if a player attacked a fan nowadays in a similar manner whether justified or not, i would have a genuine fear for the players safety
Err dunno, depends how many trays of prawn sarnies he knocks over
Old 22-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceBhoy View Post
I know what you mean. I remember a Man U fan telling me he was on a plane and a few Palace fans started singing fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra just as it was taking off. It was obvious they were having a dig about Munich.
Maybe our boys had better start learning the words....

Fly me to the moon and
Let me play among those stars
Let me see what spring is like on
Jupiter and Mars
In other words,
Hold my hand In other words,
Darlin kiss me
Fill my heart with song and
let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for all I
Worship and adore
In other words,
Please be true
In other words,
I HATE you
Old 22-02-2014, 02:38 AM

MayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterMayDay81 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
to be fair, most united fans know nothing about paul nixon, partly due to there age and partly due to there never being much in the press about it, the majority of Palace fans at selhurst on Sunday wont either. Its ******* shit he died as with all deaths but things have to move on and being angry ust ends up with another family losing someone they should'nt
Old 22-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay81 View Post
to be fair, most united fans know nothing about paul nixon, partly due to there age and partly due to there never being much in the press about it, the majority of Palace fans at selhurst on Sunday wont either. Its ******* shit he died as with all deaths but things have to move on and being angry ust ends up with another family losing someone they should'nt
On Sunday? Wow!
Old 22-02-2014, 09:16 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post
I was only about 5 when all of this happened. What did Paddy Crerand do to stir things up?
I personally am not into all this Cantona has blood on his hands crap.

Football tribalism is the reason for Paul Nixons death, and it is not ALL Man U fans but by all accounts two coach loads at most.

We already have people asking whether he was stabbed, as this appears to be a new addition to what actually happened.

I asked earlier in this thread whether his death was officially murder. No one has answered that question. So while people say the vast majority of Man U fans have probably not even heard of Paul Nixon it appears that the majority of Palace fans up in arms about the manner of his death, are actually unaware of the circumstances other than it happened outside a pub in Walsall when a coach reversed into him. It is all very very sad, and I feel for his family even to this day, however there appears to be disproportionate hysteria about it, that ironically fuels the level of tribalistic hate that was root cause of the death of Paul Nixon.

However to answer your question re ex Man U player Crerand, the bloke is a total myopic antagonistic **** who is the worst example of a Man Utd supporter yet seems to have some kind of ambassadorial role with the club.

Cannot find an example of his inane rants after the Cantona incident but you get a flavour of the man's mental state listening to this;

RIP Paul Nixon
Old 22-02-2014, 09:16 AM

cpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just a quick thought...

Dwight Gayle's aeroplane goal celebration could be received pretty badly IF he uses it. He's likely completely unaware, but the backlash could be pretty harsh.
Old 22-02-2014, 09:19 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Man Utd do indeed sing 'the wheels on the bus' in reference to Nixon, just as they sing 'its just a little crush' at Liverpool fans.
Old 22-02-2014, 09:20 AM

eagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

Football tribalism is the reason for Paul Nixons death, and it is not ALL Man U fans but by all accounts two coach loads at most.

We already have people asking whether he was stabbed, as this appears to be a new addition to what actually happened.

I asked earlier in this thread whether his death was officially murder. No one has answered that question. So while people say the vast majority of Man U fans have probably not even heard of Paul Nixon it appears that the majority of Palace fans up in arms about the manner of his death, are actually unaware of the circumstances other than it happened outside a pub in Walsall when a coach reversed into him. It is all very very sad, and I feel for his family even to this day, however there appears to be disproportionate hysteria about it, that ironically fuels the level of tribalistic hate that was root cause of the death of Paul Nixon.

However to answer your question re ex Man U player Crerand, the bloke is a total myopic antagonistic **** who is the worst example of a Man Utd supporter yet seems to have some kind of ambassadorial role with the club.

Cannot find an example of his inane rants after the Cantona incident but you get a flavour of the man's mental state listening to this;

RIP Paul Nixon
Fantastic post!
Old 22-02-2014, 09:36 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post
I was only about 5 when all of this happened. What did Paddy Crerand do to stir things up?
The issue for Utd Cantana and the FA post the kick at Selhurst was what happened next. The kick was all over the papers TV both here and around the world. Cantana was also a major star in the Utd team worth a few million no doubt in the transfer market. With the publicity there was little that could be done in the first 24 hours, and hazy in time the recollection as I remember was Cantana was charged for assualt and a court date set from that point the Man Utd publicity machine went into overdrive in the defence of Cantana and the provocation he had suffered in the verbal abuse by the Palace fan. Crerand amongst others was all over the news tv defending his actions, a misunderstood Cantana forget the track record of violence on the pitch which had seen him sent of twice in the space of a week a few months before. Utd had been trying to calm him down after that by controlling his temper and his violent outbursts it had spectacularly failed that night. In trying to clear the mess up then any shit stirring against Palace and the fans was fair game for the publicity machine, the crowd in the main stand were all howling for blood the players felt scared, the main stand they might of been howling for Horlicks it was a night game no they were a mob seeking violence on any Utd player, such as look see the pictures of the plastic coffee cup being thrown, a little help by the friends in the press, a few stories planted and slowly the tide was turning from Eric the Thug to Eric the Hero....Until of course it got to court and a two week jail sentence, appealed immeditatly and eventually the community service order 120 hours, which of course led to the famous trawler sardines press conference. The press loved it lapped it up nutty French guy with strange quotes. A 8 month ban from the FA how harshly is this guy being treated and poor Utd it might cost them the title within what a month the hero status was cemented.

Cantana was a thug pure simple a thug on the field a thug that jumped into the stand and beat up a fan, the wearing of masks does nothing but celebrate the thuggery. A catlayst for any bunch of Utd thugs to celebrate as happened at Wallsall. To defend him as Utd did and Crerand one of the lead actors as misunderstood and only acting on provocation of the worse kind covered up the thuggery and worse it went to far and cemented a legend status on Cantana amongst Utd fans not the wayward geniues of Best, the goal scoring skillls of Law or Charlton. The thuggery the violent misunderstood Frenchman was never fit to lace the boots in footballing skills.

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 22-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 22-02-2014, 09:50 AM

topper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettopper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Scummy united ****tards. Who woulda thunked it.
Old 22-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sums up my feelings for that scummy club and I would love it if they continued to drop down the league
Old 22-02-2014, 10:34 AM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sums up my feelings for that scummy club and I would love it if they continued to drop down the league
like that big gav feel the same
Old 22-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:

RIP Paul Nixon
Prior to teh Cantona incident, there were no issues between the clubs or fans. The FA cup final and replay were without incident

Cantona and the wankers media machine were resposnible for the animosity towards us from wankers fans

I remember leaving the ground that night and hearing the Jonathan Pearce commentary when he said cantona should/would never play in England again

He was right, and I think every right minded person thought the same.

Then Crerand (a detestable excuse for a human being) and the rest started, the jail term was overturned and the twat was allowed to do community service, in f*cking Manchester! (why not Croydon?)

A few weeks afterwards, his red card was expunged from the general conciousness, and it is seldom mentioned, even now

Simmons ended up being vilified, though he was doing no more and no less than thousands of others in the ground at the time

So yes, it was tribalism, but brought to head by C*ntona and the wankers press band wagon

C*ntona was the catalyst for the whole thing
Old 22-02-2014, 11:10 AM
mott eagle

mott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Prior to teh Cantona incident, there were no issues between the clubs or fans. The FA cup final and replay were without incident

Cantona and the wankers media machine were resposnible for the animosity towards us from wankers fans

I remember leaving the ground that night and hearing the Jonathan Pearce commentary when he said cantona should/would never play in England again

Then Crerand (a detestable excuse for a human being) and the rest started, the jail term was overturned and the twat was allowed to do community service, in f*cking Manchester! (why not Croydon?)

A few weeks afterwards, his red card was expunged from the general conciousness, and it is seldom mentioned, even now

Simmons ended up being vilified, though he was doing no more and no less than thousands of others in the ground at the time

So yes, it was tribalism, but brought to head by C*ntona and the wankers press band wagon

Really ?
Mancs got cs gassed at baker st and it kicked off at the globe on fa cup 1990 first game . Plenty of trouble after replay as well
Old 22-02-2014, 11:14 AM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

RIP Paul Nixon
Agreed.
Old 22-02-2014, 11:20 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post

Crerand started the night of the game on the radio quickly jumping to the defence of Cantona just looked it up, his arguement was along the lines what Cantana did was wrong sure but it was because he was a Utd player and they took more abuse than any other side, as it went on he continued his support it was unfair that Utd players were treated more harshly than other players if Cantana had played for another side the ban would not of been so long etc etc. Ferguson joined in latter the Bert Millichap dog killing quote. Utd banned Cantana themselves for three months which was extended by the FA. Paul Ince was charged and was in court for incitement as well but I think let off as not proven. Simmons was banned from all grounds for a year. By the end of the season Cantana was giving a heros welcome by the Old Trafford crowd as he took his seat in the final game of the season