Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-12-2018, 01:59 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
I agree with this but I put mine down to getting older and being more cynical. The only thing that worries me about going down is the financial state the club will be left in. I'm seriously concerned that we would do a Sunderland.
I do hope should that happen we have been smart enough to insert relegation clauses in contracts so that at least those players we can’t shift would no longer be on premier league wages.

I dread to think what we would be left with though.
Old 14-12-2018, 02:21 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
One of my favourite seasons as a Palace fan. Talk about proper roller coaster.
Even the play-off final was so much better than our recent success. The Millennium Stadium is fantastic, and so is the atmosphere. Wembley on the other hand...

In Cardiff we had Rocking All Over The World played as the players celebrated, and at Wembley we had that dreadful Florence song as the players lifted the trophy What a way to kill the moment
Old 14-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I agree with this but I put mine down to getting older and being more cynical. The only thing that worries me about going down is the financial state the club will be left in. I'm seriously concerned that we would do a Sunderland.
I've said before, Sunderland after the Adam Johnson saga became very very toxic, I don't think as a club we would collapse the same way although the singing section episode isn't helping.
Old 14-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Unfortunately I also think we would have that kind of struggle which after 6 seasons up really shouldn't be the case
Old 14-12-2018, 02:47 PM

CamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is here
Five seasons ago, at the half way point, we had 16 points from 19 games - unless we get something on Saturday we will be behind that this time.

Back then we were achieving that with a team of championship players who were playing for their lives. It feels very different now.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:06 PM

Russboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's an excellent article on Michael Edwards (Sporting Director credited with Liverpool's success in recruiting players for the Bin Dippers) in the Times today, which mentions the various analysts and scouts they have. Obviously they are in a different tier of the league, but I can't help feeling this kind of infrastructure is something that would benefit us greatly (Edwards started out as an analyst at Portsmouth under Redknapp). Instead we have a brains trust that came up with Rakip and Jach.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
It seems obvious to me to make these kinds of investments. How much could it possibly cost? Not that Mutch i’m sure.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:33 PM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do not want to get dewy eyed about Jordan; but 8 years into the Parish etc era, he is still responsible for attracting our two current best players to the club.

A shocking indictment of the Parish years and the money that has been squandered on mediocrity, though lack of a sensible scouting/recruitment strategy.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:42 PM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGateEagle View Post
I do not want to get dewy eyed about Jordan.
Which it seems, reading some of the posts on here, many are!

If anyone thinks this club was somehow better under SJ, I beg to differ!
Old 14-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGateEagle View Post
I do not want to get dewy eyed about Jordan; but 8 years into the Parish etc era, he is still responsible for attracting our two current best players to the club.

A shocking indictment of the Parish years and the money that has been squandered on mediocrity, though lack of a sensible scouting/recruitment strategy.
whos that?
Old 14-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
whos that?
Wilf, I guess. And AWB was signed as a junior when SJ was Chairman.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
re. Jordan.

A massive mixed bag - But the key thing for for me was that in 2005 or just after promotion he tried to selll the club (remember the Gaddaffi rumours)

That was a sign he was done financially IMO - Clearly that promotion bought him a couple more years but by the time Warnock arrived we near the edge failure to get in 2008 was the tipping point.
Old 14-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Die adler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Wilf, I guess. And AWB was signed as a junior when SJ was Chairman.
Thats massively stretching it (not you the previous post)

- I would give SJ credit for the academy. Definatley. But likely IMO that he barely had thing to do with either player - Bostock, Moses, Scannell even Williams he was involved with contractually - Zaha, AWB I dount he even knew whe they were in Jan 2010.
Old 14-12-2018, 05:51 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Akinbuyi and Kuqi?
Old 14-12-2018, 06:17 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
You will all be pleased in tomorrow’s programme notes that everyone is hurting at the club.
Old 14-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
You will all be pleased in tomorrow’s programme notes that everyone is hurting at the club.
Using last years programme are they
Old 14-12-2018, 07:09 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mouse poison

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 14-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Laths

laths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Excluding the 400 E block expendables. We’ve already shafted them .
Old 14-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
I don't feel alot tbh
Old 14-12-2018, 10:23 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Mr Praish and the majority owners who are US special situations fund investors need to make money available for Roy to strengthen the squad in January. Otherwise we are going down.