Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:08 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He had no chance with the first and third goals but he should have done better for the second one. He showed Anderson too much space to his left and it was a tame effort that he should have done better with. Not a terrible missive but with most decent keepers I doubt that would led to a goal. But he wasn't only to blame as no defenders bothered to follow up the save.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He had no chance with the first and third goals but he should have done better for the second one. He showed Anderson too much space to his left and it was a tame effort that he should have done better with. Not a terrible missive but with most decent keepers I doubt that would led to a goal. But he wasn't only to blame as no defenders bothered to follow up the save.
A couple of people have said this but I’m not sure how they would have got there. They were all facing the free kick as you’d expect and the striker went as the kick was taken. There’s no way anyone could have turned and got there before him.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:17 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
A couple of people have said this but I’m not sure how they would have got there. They were all facing the free kick as you’d expect and the striker went as the kick was taken. There’s no way anyone could have turned and got there before him.
I thought someone would have been marking him though. He's the one player in the box for west ham that you would fear as he's a great finisher.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSEagle215 View Post
Not Premier League quality. But 1000 pages later it is still debated.
Exactly. It's beyond debate. He continues to screw up week after week, costing us results and points. If blinkered idiots can't see the hand in front of their face, then it just isn't worth the effort.

As long as that useless turd continues to stand in goal for us, then it is going to be a miserable match day for the fans.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I thought someone would have been marking him though. He's the one player in the box for west ham that you would fear as he's a great finisher.

Before yesterday’s match, he had scored 48 goals in the Premier League - all inside the penalty area.

If you mark anyone in the box then it’s him.

Are the players even being prepared for each match or are we just winging it, Pardew style?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Before yesterday’s match, he had scored 48 goals in the Premier League - all inside the penalty area.

If you mark anyone in the box then it’s him.

Are the players even being prepared for each match or are we just winging it, Pardew style?
It does feel that way at the moment - basic stuff.

Hernandez is exactly the type of striker we need. Proper striker. None of this wingers up front nonsense - get a fox in the box.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 PM

johnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you look at the statistics:-

Brighton had 3 efforts on target and 3 goals - so no saves out of 3

West Ham had 6 efforts on target and 3 goals - so 3 saves out of 6 - but one of the "saves" was the the comedy free kick which he laid on a plate for Hernandez.

It doesn't make good reading.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:06 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Finally managed to see the highlights and step it through. I haven't changed my opinion TBH but this is just my opinion and by definition subjective.

The first was hit really well because he was unchallenged again (Meyer was asleep) it dipped with a late bend and I really don't see how he had time to make a step to his left (as suggested) and then leap after it was struck. If he was psychic and knew it wasn't going in the other corner, maybe he could have adjusted but if you are being reasonable I don't see this as some dumb mistake.

(The second for a start wasn't a FK. It was a dive from Carroll who deliberately kicked his own calf to fake a trip and collapsed in a heap which is why Tomkins was fuming at the time.) I still think he does OK to get his hands to it and he did push it wide rather than back out and then it's up to defenders to get there first (tumbleweed moment because only Chico moved). he never looked close to leaping to his feet but I am not sure he had time anyway as Chick hits it first time.

The third one has air and bend and I don't think any one should expect him to save it. Closing him down might have been nice and I would have expected that. Aaron again losing his positioning through that attack and TBH a half hearted attempt at blocking.

So to me these weren't bloopers or typically saved by other keepers.

Ironically I would have been less surprised if Chico had scored earlier when WH did well to come out block him when he looked likely to score. So not happy we conceded 3 but I don't see the 'return' in this match to the old Wayne as suggested.
Watched highlights, agree with this
Old 10-12-2018, 01:13 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Same way as their player got there. Nobody anywhere near to challenge for the ball = free shot. I have always said if a keeper makes a save and stops a goal he should expect his defenders to clear any second ball. Defenders at fault for not even anticipating a rebound, Wayne slightly at fault for allowing the rebound.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:23 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
The second goal was the exact thing Speroni was doing (and getting criticised for) towards the end. It's a mistake and cost us the match.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:34 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
The second goal was the exact thing Speroni was doing (and getting criticised for) towards the end. It's a mistake and cost us the match.
No it wasn't. Hennessey did push it wide. It was a good finish and reaction from Hernandez. Not like Speroni's efforts that put the ball on a plate to attacking players.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:14 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
No it wasn't. Hennessey did push it wide. It was a good finish and reaction from Hernandez. Not like Speroni's efforts that put the ball on a plate to attacking players.
The ball was in the middle of the bloody goal. It's an awful, laboured bit of goalkeeping.

And yes he did push it 'wide', but barely got it out the 6 yard box.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 11-12-2018, 01:01 AM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Like he did for Lukaku at OT a couple of weeks ago you mean?
Old 15-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Hennessey had a back spasm on Thursday.

Had an injection and they thought he would be ok but wasn't right.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Tough on Wayne, but Guaita deserves to keep his place.
Having said that, doubt either is busting a gut to play at Citeh next week.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Tough on Wayne, but Guaita deserves to keep his place.
Having said that, doubt either is busting a gut to play at Citeh next week.
The bloke who played for a smaller club than us and has played against the likes of Barcelona (Messi), and Real Madrid (Ronaldo). I'm sure he's relishing the challenge.

Old 15-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 15-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Digitally Remastered

What? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWhat? came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In his first game VG did what WH has never done. Made a top class, match winning save.
Old 15-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Old 15-12-2018, 09:47 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by What? View Post
In his first game VG did what WH has never done. Made a top class, match winning save.
Thats not true now is it
Closed Thread