Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Academy & Development

Notices

Academy & Development The Crystal Palace Academy and player development

Old 08-12-2018, 09:20 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
I was told that a while back Mike Corby tried to get planning permission to build flats on the area at the far end of the site (where the tennis courts were which have fallen into disrepair). But so many locals objected that the application was rejected.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:11 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Gym at Goals/former Natwest sports ground in copers cope rd is closing to public on 21st Dec. Palace not messing about now have signed the long lease for the place. So I suspect it will not be too long before Goals closes.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:11 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Gym at Goals/former Natwest sports ground in copers cope rd is closing to public on 21st Dec. Palace not messing about now have signed the long lease for the place. So I suspect it will not be too long before Goals closes.
Alot of people will have nothing to moan about now they can’t accuse the academy of playing at ‘goals’.
Old 14-12-2018, 11:41 AM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OSTERSUNDS CLOSE TO BAPTISTE

Swedish side Ostersunds FK are close to signing Crystal Palace youngster Francis Jno-Baptiste, Sky Sports News understands.

Palace would be due training compensation for Baptiste, who is on youth terms and scored 15 goals in 23 appearances for Palace’s U18s last season.

I don't know too much about the U18's but that seems like a bit of a loss given the fee we'll get will be nominal at best.

Still laughing...
Old 14-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Just seen Cardiff are interested in signing Nathaniel Clyne (presumably on loan).

Warnock claims he gave him his debut. Is that correct?

I remember the game and how impressive he was, but didn't think it was under Warnock.
Old 14-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Just seen Cardiff are interested in signing Nathaniel Clyne (presumably on loan).

Warnock claims he gave him his debut. Is that correct?

I remember the game and how impressive he was, but didn't think it was under Warnock.
Yeah - pretty certain it was Warnock that gave him his first chance. We had injuries etc and he never looked back.

Edit - seem to remember all the fuss had been about the other young right back and Clyne had often been playing left back for the youngsters to make way for him. But he got a really bad injury in the summer just before what was expected to be his breakthrough season. But I think Warnock had given Clyne the nod over that guy. Apologies but can't remember his name but if I get it will post later. Woosie/Gazza will know..

Last edited by Martin H; 14-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 14-12-2018, 01:15 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post

Swedish side Ostersunds FK are close to signing Crystal Palace youngster Francis Jno-Baptiste, Sky Sports News understands.

Palace would be due training compensation for Baptiste, who is on youth terms and scored 15 goals in 23 appearances for Palace’s U18s last season.

I don't know too much about the U18's but that seems like a bit of a loss given the fee we'll get will be nominal at best.
Very good level for him if true.
Old 14-12-2018, 01:25 PM

Snafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck to him. Playing proper football instead of U18 could be the making of him
Old 14-12-2018, 01:34 PM

NorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Yeah - pretty certain it was Warnock that gave him his first chance. We had injuries etc and he never looked back.

Edit - seem to remember all the fuss had been about the other young right back and Clyne had often been playing left back for the youngsters to make way for him. But he got a really bad injury in the summer just before what was expected to be his breakthrough season. But I think Warnock had given Clyne the nod over that guy. Apologies but can't remember his name but if I get it will post later. Woosie/Gazza will know..
Would that have been the Welsh guy whose name also escapes me right now. Ended up at Norwich at one point but was dogged with injuries throughout his career.
Old 14-12-2018, 01:46 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Rhoys Wiggins
Old 14-12-2018, 02:06 PM

TrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ablett rings a bell. Wiggins was a left back
Old 14-12-2018, 02:28 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

It was Barnsley at home and I recall that it was a 5:30pm kick off for tv. Butterfield injured I assume?

That also rings a bell about Clyne coming from nowhere to break through.
Old 14-12-2018, 02:31 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyD View Post
Possibly Michael Abnett last time I saw him playing was for Merstham in Ryman League
Old 14-12-2018, 02:40 PM

ANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Goals closes in May 2019
Old 14-12-2018, 03:32 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernEagle80 View Post
Would that have been the Welsh guy whose name also escapes me right now. Ended up at Norwich at one point but was dogged with injuries throughout his career.
No it was Abnett. I knew it began with an A but couldn't get the name earlier.

Last edited by Martin H; 14-12-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyD View Post
Yep - it was him I was thinking of. but was his name Ablett or Abnett - I think it was Abnett.

He had been the first choice RB at that level I believe and Clyne had to play LB which came in handy for us later on as it happens. He had some cracking games at LB for us and one duff one I seem to remember.

Got a really bad knee injury.
Old 14-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Lee Hills was another left back coming through around the same time. I think he progressed because Wiggins, who was ahead of him, had the serious injury.

Eventually, Hills himself succumbed to injury problems, wrecking what looked likely to be a promising first team career.

Ironically, Wiggins went on to have a decent career away from Palace, before yet another injury brought his time to an end
Old 14-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
U23s lost 6-3 to Coventry today. 4-1 down at half time.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-12-2018, 06:48 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post

I thought it was a loan deal.
Old 14-12-2018, 07:20 PM

OneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Off topic but Rhoys Wiggins has to be the biggest disappointment. But for his injuries I was sure he was going to the top.