Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Academy & Development

Notices

Academy & Development The Crystal Palace Academy and player development

Old 01-08-2015, 01:10 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Sounds waffle as there was a bloke from the academy at tooting on fri night for the u21 friendly with a hd camera and laptop equipment etc filming the game.
Yep - my mate did the same job and between the entire academy there was one laptop. The guys there had to take it turns to use it! Admittedly they did have 2 originally but one of the guys dropped it as a reserve team game from the TV gantry in the Arthur They never bothered replacing it though...

He left in the end as he got sick of football in general and I don't think he cared for the lack of organisation with the youth team. Maybe things have changed (he left a year ago now) but I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:54 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Good stuff Matt.
Very fair points made. No criticism of club as was on its knees financially when current owners took over. Now more money about so time for much needed investment as Academy would be important if relegated and we're back down to 4m per season tv money after parachute payments end.
Or we just let it continue to be left behind due to investments being made by other clubs and just hope we are in Prem to stay.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:13 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
After tonight's hol radio I think we can assume nothing will change despite massive amounts of cash being received. South London & Proud is an old skool marketing ploy already, sadly, old skool and outdated
Old 02-08-2015, 11:23 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
listened to it too -heard that using goals is actually a lot better has it has more pitches and space and have no idea whether that was correct.

Also heard that people looking to sell land are asking for premium prices
Old 02-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
listened to it too -heard that using goals is actually a lot better has it has more pitches and space and have no idea whether that was correct.

Also heard that people looking to sell land are asking for premium prices
The pitches are not very good quality as I understand it. Think Gazza2 has said that before as well.

Anything where there is one site is better than having to go to several places to train last season, but, with respect to Steve, and I appreciate it's not where Palace want to be, it's still not good enough that they are there.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 02-08-2015, 11:47 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
I've played loads on the Goals pitches. Not as good now as we're 10 years ago. Perfectly acceptable for amateur football. Nowhere near the standard of professional training ground pitches and those I've seen u18 games played on at other pro clubs training grounds like Charlton, Millwall, Fulham etc.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:49 PM

Changing room facilities not great either. Goals is not the sort of place which is going to convince lads to stay when they see facilities at other pro clubs.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Anyone object to me using this thread to give general updates on the academy? I'll still do separate threads for games I go to and write reports on.

But

Palace U18s beat Bolton 1-0 yesterday in their opening game of the season. Goal came after three minutes. Ollie Pain was taken off through injury after just 11 minutes. Striker collided with him as he went to take a low cross. Sounds like he is OK though, seems to be in the wars lately! Will find out who scored.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:34 PM

Goal from Victor Fundi.
He was an U16 last season who made a couple of U18 appreances towards end of season.
Of the U18s released at end of season, Elliott List has got a deal at Gillingham. And Jamal Howlett-Mundle has a deal at Hearts. While Michael Chambers who was released from U21 squad has a deal at Welling and Kyle De Silva at Notts County
Old 09-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Goal from Victor Fundi.
He was an U16 last season who made a couple of U18 appreances towards end of season.
Of the U18s released at end of season, Elliott List has got a deal at Gillingham. And Jamal Howlett-Mundle has a deal at Hearts. While Michael Chambers who was released from U21 squad has a deal at Welling and Kyle De Silva at Notts County

I told him I was expecting him to score a few this year and he told me I wouldn't have to wait long

Old 09-08-2015, 07:47 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I've seen it talked about her before, but it's so frustrating knowing the Crystal Palace National Sports Center is sitting there collecting dust and falling derelict, while Palace struggle to find a decent home for the academy. In my mind it is such a perfect spot to use and build on as a home, with or without council funding.

I don't even see what the NIMBY's could object to?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Palace U18s beat Bolton 1-0 yesterday in their opening game of the season. Goal came after three minutes. Ollie Pain was taken off through injury after just 11 minutes. Striker collided with him as he went to take a low cross. Sounds like he is OK though, seems to be in the wars lately! Will find out who scored.
The team was:

Pain; Wynter, Jones, Woods, Akiotu; Phillips, Dreher; Lumeka, Flanagan, Coker; Fundi.

Colm McAdden came on for Pain after 11 minutes. Seems like he signed from Reading this summer.

Very balanced side full of talent. Flanagan the one to watch, but Coker and Lumeka on the wings (provided they can keep their cool) could be a special partnership. Dreher looks like a tidy player from what I've seen. Ollie Pain has become broader this summer which is important for a goalkeeper.

Palace's CFs in the 18s haven't been able to score much in recent years, but Fundi *could* buck that trend. He's certainly a hard worker.

Akiotu has a pro deal already which shows his promise. Had played a few games in the 21s as well. Phillips is one of only two second year scholars in that line-up, and could well move up to the 21s.

Found a report on Bolton's website. Sounds like we rode our luck. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Woosie; 09-08-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 15-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

U18s lost 1-0 at Coventry this afternoon. Number 8 sent off for apparently throwing a punch. Think I know who it is but don't want to speculate without having been there as that would be unfair if I got it wrong.

Old 19-08-2015, 09:40 AM

1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray
Any reports from the usual U21 and U18 attendees from the last few games? It's always welcome to hear how they are progressing. Watching the highlights from the Bolton game Kaikai looks to have moved up a level, is a championship loan on the cards?? There was mention of Scales heading to Crawley... What's happened there? And finally I'm keen to hear thoughts on Fundi and Dymond, Fundi obviously training with the first team this week, Dymond is a name that always seems to stick out on U21 highlights but never talked about for loan.
Old 24-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sheffa View Post
Any reports from the usual U21 and U18 attendees from the last few games? It's always welcome to hear how they are progressing. Watching the highlights from the Bolton game Kaikai looks to have moved up a level, is a championship loan on the cards?? There was mention of Scales heading to Crawley... What's happened there? And finally I'm keen to hear thoughts on Fundi and Dymond, Fundi obviously training with the first team this week, Dymond is a name that always seems to stick out on U21 highlights but never talked about for loan.
Just seen this.

There's a brief U18 report from the other day around but they are away until September due to work being carried out on GOALS.

KaiKai will definitely go out on loan, but not sure where or how soon, but can't imagine it's too far away. Probably League One where he'll play the majority of games, rather than Championship where he would only be a bit-part player.

As you may well have seen, Scales has now gone to Crawley.

Fundi I've seen play four times towards the end of last year and I'd say he's the best CF in the 18s we've had for years. Not fair to make any further judgements on him, but he's a hard worker for sure and that's probably his biggest attribute. He also knows how to score, which obviously is good for a CF!

Dymond has been undoubtedly the best player in the 21s in the opening three games this season. If he were to play like this for the whole season he would definitely get another contract. Depending on development he could be a League One midfielder for sure, at a push Championship. No doubt in my mind that he will play professionally though and his attitude is absolutely first class. I think Palace will look to get him out on loan soon though, which would free up another CM spot alongside Andy Breimyr.

One player to watch out for is definitely Aaron Bissaka. Wary of bigging him up too much or overhyping him, but he is talented, versatile, quick and skillfull. Will play every game in the 21s unless injured or loaned out later in the season.

Old 25-08-2015, 12:42 PM

1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray
Thanks for the insight. It's good to hear how the youngsters are progressing and also good to see a fair few out on loan. Is Gray still going out? And I recall Allassani talking about going out in an interview during pre-season?

Seems like there is a big decision to make for Kaikai, if he doesn't play much this year it could set him back. Interesting to see Notts Forest linked. Obviously we know what Dougie did with Zaha, he saw the potential in Bolaise and gave De Silva a debut. But the club doesn't really scream stability at the moment.
Old 19-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

U18s drew 2-2 with Crewe (away) earlier today.

Crewe have only lost one match, and had not conceded two goals at home in three previous games. They were third in PDL2N.

Palace were third in PDL2S with a game in hand on leaders Charlton and second placed Watford who were three and one point ahead respectively.

Palace's better goal difference would see them move into second if Watford lost, but I can't find out what their result was atm.

Goalscorers were Levi Lumeka and Victor Fundi. I think that's Victor's third of the season from six games.

We have lost 1/6 which is a strong start. Usually we start slowly and then pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sheffa View Post
Thanks for the insight. It's good to hear how the youngsters are progressing and also good to see a fair few out on loan. Is Gray still going out? And I recall Allassani talking about going out in an interview during pre-season?

Seems like there is a big decision to make for Kaikai, if he doesn't play much this year it could set him back. Interesting to see Notts Forest linked. Obviously we know what Dougie did with Zaha, he saw the potential in Bolaise and gave De Silva a debut. But the club doesn't really scream stability at the moment.
I think Allassani said he wanted to go out on loan but I don't think he will be sent out on loan, he hasn't played regularly in the U21s so unlikely anyone will want him.

KaiKai has of course gone to Shrewsbury which as I said on his transfer thread, is probably about his level where he can play regularly.

Jake has had a change of position to be in the hole or on the tip of a diamond, after Pardew said he saw something in him there, so as a result I don't think he will go out on loan unless he (continues to do) well in the 21s.

Last edited by Woosie; 19-09-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 19-09-2015, 06:36 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I saw some bibbed up Palace youths playing a game at Goals in Beckenham this morning. Would they be from the Academy?
Old 19-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I saw some bibbed up Palace youths playing a game at Goals in Beckenham this morning. Would they be from the Academy?
Possibly, they've been training at the Warren and Goals wasn't ready last week but they could be the lower age groups.

Christian Scales was MOTM for Crawley today

Old 19-09-2015, 06:58 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Christian Scales was MOTM for Crawley today
He the blonde one that played in our friendly at Bromley?