Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-08-2015, 12:33 AM

Location: south Croydon, with a little bit of Eastbourne thrown in!
boroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landboroeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
done
Old 22-08-2015, 01:25 AM

Rocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRocky Bullitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Done
Old 22-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
When you see the nonsense most clubs have to go through just to find a site suitable to move to, then suffer years, sometimes decades of problems with planning consultations, protests and countless alterations just to get consent to build, let alone the millions needed to finance it, West Ham have been handed a massive helping hand.

This is not a project that tax payers should be helping so generously with the club concerned are able to finance much more of the costs that they alone should be responsible for.

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 22-08-2015, 04:25 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I've not read the whole thread, but what was Man City's arrangement in getting the Commonwealth Games Stadium in Manchester?
Old 22-08-2015, 07:30 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
signed 19,485
Old 22-08-2015, 07:44 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Wouldn't it benefit the taxpayer more if it was sold to property developers?
Old 22-08-2015, 07:59 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Wouldn't it benefit the taxpayer more if it was sold to property developers?
Probably not.

The point is that West Ham have been given part of the Olympic legacy and good luck to them for being in the right place at the right time - same as Man City.

However, the terms that they have been given are outrageous, with the taxpayer funding conversion costs and ongoing operational costs while West Ham pay below market value for using the stadium as their home.

If they won't stump up for the true value of the facility, it should be left empty - that would appear to be cost neutral to the taxpayer and prevent them from gaining a financial advantage over other clubs.
Old 22-08-2015, 09:21 AM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How many of you will still go and watch West Ham v Palace next season....
Old 22-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
None, once they get relegated.
Old 22-08-2015, 09:27 AM

aadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Signed and shared.
Old 22-08-2015, 09:30 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Karren Brady gets involved in the Conservative party in 2013, whilst West Ham's bid was under a review. It's finally approved in 2014 and she's made a life peer shortly afterwards. Nice stuff.

The funny thing is, I'm not even jealous. Upton Park is a better place for football and even though the area is pretty shit, at least it's not a shiny industrial estate with a park. Am I right in thinking there's still going to be a running for track that will be covered up?

This is just plainly wrong for all tax payers. If it was us who was benefitting from such a move I would still put my name on this petition.
Old 22-08-2015, 09:50 AM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The atmosphere is likely to be dreadful, because in parts of the ground, the upper tier will be anything up to 20 metres behind the top rows of the lower tier, which will be made up of retractable stands rolled out over the Athletics track. I can see why they are selling some ST's for £99, I just hope they come with a set of binoculars.
Old 22-08-2015, 10:29 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This deal was put in place to save the careers of politicians, Seb Coe, Boris Johnson and others. This whole deal is for their benefit and the corporations that support them, not the tax payers. How many centuries will it take to get a return. This would not be allowed to happen to shareholders of a company. The board would be sacked. I have animosity towards West Ham, but as it is our money, I do towards the politicians who allowed this to happen.
Old 22-08-2015, 11:04 AM

jockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejockstapp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
the old joke was that ken livingstone was a biffoon masquerading as a serious politican whilst boris was a serios politican masquerading as a buffoon.it now looks like boris maybe a buffoon as well.
Old 22-08-2015, 11:07 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstapp View Post
the old joke was that ken livingstone was a biffoon masquerading as a serious politican whilst boris was a serios politican masquerading as a buffoon.it now looks like boris maybe a buffoon as well.
It always did look that way to me
Old 22-08-2015, 11:26 AM

west eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
got no probs with them getting use of the stadium but any agreement should have been they hand over upton park and pay the running costs.

with this deal they get £70M from upton park (to spend as they want), tax payers pay the running cost for their games, and they can still sell the whole thing for 100's of millions when they choose!, and we are led to believe this was the best deal for the tax payer??
Old 22-08-2015, 11:46 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
What exactly has that got to do with it?
Old 22-08-2015, 11:47 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPalace View Post
The atmosphere is likely to be dreadful, because in parts of the ground, the upper tier will be anything up to 20 metres behind the top rows of the lower tier, which will be made up of retractable stands rolled out over the Athletics track. I can see why they are selling some ST's for £99, I just hope they come with a set of binoculars.
The atmosphere at Upton Park is terrible anyway.
Old 22-08-2015, 12:49 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I will. I don't have a problem with West Ham using the stadium but feel the deal is over generous.
Old 28-08-2015, 01:42 PM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am bumping this thread in the hope it generates more sigs to the petition. What a total disgrace. It is a scandal that WH get a ground that cost £702m inc £272m conversion (for WH's benefit) for £15m and, I think, £2m per year rent (out of the £100m or so they get from the PL). Why should they get "given" a ground. This puts them at a big advantage regarding player purchases and Gold has said himself that it will help them challenge for the CL. Also, what happens to Upton Park. I presume they can sell that and buy players with the money.

I cannot remotely remember an example of any team being given such a massive financial advantage from the taxpayer. At least MC and Chelsea funded it themselves.

The stadium looks a total mess with a 15 metre gap between the seats that slide forward and the back rows. Everything about the whole thing stinks. We NEED this enquiry so please everyone, sign the thing and get this rotton deal out in the open.