Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Should Puncheon be dropped?
Yes 564 80.69%
No 135 19.31%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Back in the UK

arabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jason Puncheon

Jason Pucheon as club captain. An idea having heard him in interviews a few times. Local lad, obviously cares about the club. Takes the strain away from Scott Dann. Good idea?
Discuss
Old 18-01-2017, 07:24 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All end up going round in circles.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:27 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mether View Post
All end up going round in circles.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 18-01-2017, 07:27 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Nah, not a natural leader

Too much of an arm waver, shirks every header, became a bit petulant under Pards

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/

Last edited by maestro; 18-01-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:29 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Puncheon as captain? Are you having a laugh? I never disliked a player as much as I dislike him.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
Puncheon as captain? Are you having a laugh? I haven't disliked a player as much before as much as I dislike him.
What?
Old 18-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Captain has to be an automatic choice and someone who plays well moat matches so you respect them if they have a go atvyou
Old 18-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Puncheon as captain? Are you having a laugh? I never disliked a player as much as I dislike him.
This says a lot about you.

On the OP, what would we be trying to achieve by doing this? It's unusual to have an attacker / flair player as captain
Old 18-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Captain has to be an automatic choice and someone who plays well moat matches so you respect them if they have a go atvyou
Dunno about that. Jedi was a good captain even in decline.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
What?
Sorry just my personal opinion for which I'm happy to get slated for.

For me he sums up what we have at the club perfectly. A very average, one dimensional player tied in to a long contract on big money who plays in silos. A total luxury player that has the odd good game and who once had something to prove but now that he had his decent couple of seasons in the Premiership and secured his millions through our club can't be arsed any more. Not quick enough physically to play out wide, not quick enough mentally to play behind the striker and not strong enough defensively to play in central midfield. If someone can tell me exactly what purpose he served for the past two seasons I would be very grateful as I cannot figure it out.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

Big Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sadly there are no worthy candidates for captaon at the moment
Old 18-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Big Sam will sign his captain, probably in the summer
Old 18-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Back in the UK

arabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearabian eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great points made -maybe I should have put,who should be captain, because for me there are no obvious alternatives to Scott Dann
Old 18-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

Best technique st the club, and one of the most committed players. When he's lucid he can take our play up a notch - however that technique has led to him being asked to perform in several different positions, often in the same game and especially by Pardew. Most bizarrely he was often deployed as the deepest midfielder of a diminutive three in front of slow centre backs, presumably in order to improve the quality of the out balls. If you get him settled and don't expect him to head the high balls, I reckon he'll perform at his best again, but I really don't see him as captain. Never hides, though, and never passes the buck, which is a characteristic of leaders - but maybe not in football teams.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:24 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Big Sam will sign his captain, probably in the summer
But he can't, Kevin Nolan has retired
Old 18-01-2017, 08:25 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry just my personal opinion for which I'm happy to get slated for.

For me he sums up what we have at the club perfectly. A very average, one dimensional player tied in to a long contract on big money who plays in silos. A total luxury player that has the odd good game and who once had something to prove but now that he had his decent couple of seasons in the Premiership and secured his millions through our club can't be arsed any more. Not quick enough physically to play out wide, not quick enough mentally to play behind the striker and not strong enough defensively to play in central midfield. If someone can tell me exactly what purpose he served for the past two seasons I would be very grateful as I cannot figure it out.
I'd agree with you as to Puncheon's shortcomings and would have loved him to have been replaced by a proper 10 two seasons ago. But I still think he can be a winger as he retains the ball, uses it smartly and crosses better than anyone else. But disliking him? Can't get there. On topic of thread, he's no captain since his days as an automatic choice should be numbered at this point.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Israeli International

David Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Romantic notion but crap idea. Plus he's useless now.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:37 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's ridiculous.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:45 PM

Bexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkBexhill Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
You don't have to. The players do.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
But he can't, Kevin Nolan has retired
If it doesn't work out for him at Notts County, you never know!