Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-02-2017, 02:40 PM

James SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
If you see the start of the goal here

To view the link you have to Register or Login

PVA is out of position, he is too high and too wide, the gap between him and Delaney is too much

Under Pulis for example the left back would have been tucked in narrower
You are correct maestro. He is clearly out of position to start with, not sure why he would have thought that to be a good starting position as its fairly basic stuff for a full back to be inside of the winger when the ball is on the opposite flank. To be fair to him once he got back in position he did well holding the player up but did not get support from the other defenders.

I still think he will turn out to be a good player for us as coaching on positioning should be well within BFS area of expertise and i think once he gets settled in the team we will see more going forward from him.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James SG View Post
You are correct maestro. He is clearly out of position to start with, not sure why he would have thought that to be a good starting position as its fairly basic stuff for a full back to be inside of the winger when the ball is on the opposite flank. To be fair to him once he got back in position he did well holding the player up but did not get support from the other defenders.

I still think he will turn out to be a good player for us as coaching on positioning should be well within BFS area of expertise and i think once he gets settled in the team we will see more going forward from him.
Maybe because we had then ball and were attacking 15 seconds before that?
Old 13-02-2017, 02:43 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Maestro always finds one player to single out.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
It's probably a good idea, when away from home and defending a valuable point to avoid relegation, to not bomb forward when the other full-back does. We're not Barcelona.
Old 13-02-2017, 06:24 PM

James SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
Is that true? I'd need to watch it again but i seem to remember Luka half winning the ball back then losing it again and a couple seconds later the long ball came over. Surely if PVA sensed we were in danger of not having possession he should have been getting back in position?
Old 13-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I haven't been able to face watching this again, but didn't it come from a really poorly executed short corner by us?
Old 13-02-2017, 06:40 PM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I haven't been able to face watching this again, but didn't it come from a really poorly executed short corner by us?
Yes. I hate short corners and wuick freekicks, they never work. Just get a bloody ball in the box.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Van Aanholt

I rather appreciate him

What's the consensus?
Old 27-12-2017, 11:50 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
I think he’s good. Don’t get the hate for him.. it’s rather bizarre. Being kept out of team by an in form schlupp.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I think he’s good. Don’t get the hate for him.. it’s rather bizarre. Being kept out of team by an in form schlupp.
He should be for £12,000,000!!!!!!
Old 27-12-2017, 11:54 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Been here close to a year and had 2 or 3 decent games under BFS. Thats it.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:58 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we can recoup some £ then do so.
We now have a couple of options at LB.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:59 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
If we can recoup some £ then do so.
We now have a couple of options at LB.
Do we?

Souare hasn’t been tested yet and is highly likely to go out on loan.

I’d be very very surprised if pva leaves
Old 27-12-2017, 12:02 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
He’s ok. As defenders I don’t think there is much between him and Schluup, but think we can do better at full back than the pair of them. An unassuming full back that gets the job done in the like of a Boyce or Humphrey would do me.

This might be totally unfair; but I can’t help noticing van Anholt when we get that amazing last gasp winner against Watford. Everyone loses their sh*t...but he just trots back like Watford have just been awarded a goal kick. Very weird reaction in such an unprecedented exciting moment. You don’t get many games in a career where you’re losing with a minute to go and win it. Just thought it maybe showed mentally he’s away...just a thought.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Should hold on until the summer at least. We are in a relegation scrap and will need players who are good enough to fill the bench on match day.

Some will say he’s not good enough for that, but I think he’s a decent backup. I do not want to see Ward or Kelly at LB this season because we have no one else.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
He’s ok. As defenders I don’t think there is much between him and Schluup, but think we can do better at full back than the pair of them. An unassuming full back that gets the job done in the like of a Boyce or Humphrey would do me.

This might be totally unfair; but I can’t help noticing van Anholt when we get that amazing last gasp winner against Watford. Everyone loses their sh*t...but he just trots back like Watford have just been awarded a goal kick. Very weird reaction in such an unprecedented exciting moment. You don’t get many games in a career where you’re losing with a minute to go and win it. Just thought it maybe showed mentally he’s away...just a thought.

Re PVA trotting back... perhaps he was just staying focused and may be the type of player that needs to detach himself and not get caught up.

Reference : Alan Pardew at Wembley.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Why would anyone rate him? He's not very good, poor defensively, suspect attitude and earns a fortune for doing what? Apparently he's meant to be good going forward but we've seen very little evidence of that. If we can sell him and reinvest elsewhere then I think we'd be mad not to. Souare can be good enough back up for Schlupp.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:09 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
He should be for £12,000,000!!!!!!
Literally pennies.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:09 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

He doesn't give a shit. It's obvious.
Old 27-12-2017, 12:17 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Do we?

Souare hasn’t been tested yet and is highly likely to go out on loan.

I’d be very very surprised if pva leaves
I think if a £10m+ offer came in for PVA it would change things and Souare wouldn't go on loan.

Schlupp
Souare
Ward
Riedewald

All more than capable of playing left back