Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles View Post
**** off all of you. None of today was the managers fault
What not even the substitutions ?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
**** me this thread is depressing
No, just a depressing reflection of some of our pant-shitting, 'you don't want to be in a foxhole with me,' fans.

We have been slowly backsliding for two seasons playing the same, 'giz-it-to-the-wingers-and-sling-it-in-innit' football and giving Pardewesque lip service to meaningful change without bringing in the technically accomplished players required, especially in midfield. We lost week-in, week-out, for a year. There are no more firefighters left to save us this time so I'm afraid we might have to actually evolve now and play f*cking technically proficient football like the rest of the division if we ever want to progress. We can't be the 21st Century equivalent of Wimbledon forever, even if some of us seem to revel in the idea of never even trying to be more than a slightly shabby, South London mosquito that gets by on scrappy wins and the occasional bite on a big team's arse.

The formula we have used has kept us up beyond our sell-by-date. We can't keep going on the presumption that a Wilf cross onto Benteke's head will get us to 40 points. They will get injured or leave us eventually. We have to adapt and face the painful change required. Thankfully we have a good enough squad to do that if we stand firm. If we quit after the first hurdle we will always be a few injuries away from relegation fodder and with a genuine glass ceiling to what we can become as a club.

Why are so many here so f*cking blind to that? Do we have such a pathetic and fearful lack of ambition? Isn't sport about trying to become as good as we possibly can?

I've watched Palace shoot itself in the foot as a club over forty years and I want to see some success here before I die. Real success. Not beating a few of the big boys and waiting for the law of averages to catch up with us before slinking back to the Championship where some of us honestly seem to think is our lot.

If we go down this season, I say let's do it not because we sold Ian Wright in '93 or had Chris Armstrong snort away the season in '95 or because we had a massive injury crisis throughout the midfield in '98 or because we didn't buy Tim Cahill in '04. All those things happened because we were a little club and we couldn't survive the circumstances because we had to behave like a little club. We have millions to spend now. We have a freedom to define our club like never before. If we go down, let's do it by at least trying to evolve.

Unlike some here, I have no problem saying we need to move to the 'next level.' Charlton were not wrong to aspire to that and we are wrong if we don't have similar ambition. FdB's philosophy is how we can truly progress and I can't understand being a fan of a football club unless you want that club to be all it can be. Sadly, many here just don't seem to see it that way.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:27 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
What not even the substitutions ?
We missed two sitters after the substitutions (neither of them missed by substitutes)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:35 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Proven EPL

Kept Fulham up in certain circumstances

It's his.
No.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
No, just a depressing reflection of some of our pant-shitting, 'you don't want to be in a foxhole with me,' fans.

We have been slowly backsliding for two seasons playing the same, 'giz-it-to-the-wingers-and-sling-it-in-innit' football and giving Pardewesque lip service to meaningful change without bringing in the technically accomplished players required, especially in midfield. We lost week-in, week-out, for a year. There are no more firefighters left to save us this time so I'm afraid we might have to actually evolve now and play f*cking technically proficient football like the rest of the division if we ever want to progress. We can't be the 21st Century equivalent of Wimbledon forever, even if some of us seem to revel in the idea of never even trying to be more than a slightly shabby, South London mosquito that gets by on scrappy wins and the occasional bite on a big team's arse.

The formula we have used has kept us up beyond our sell-by-date. We can't keep going on the presumption that a Wilf cross onto Benteke's head will get us to 40 points. They will get injured or leave us eventually. We have to adapt and face the painful change required. Thankfully we have a good enough squad to do that if we stand firm. If we quit after the first hurdle we will always be a few injuries away from relegation fodder and with a genuine glass ceiling to what we can become as a club.

Why are so many here so f*cking blind to that? Do we have such a pathetic and fearful lack of ambition? Isn't sport about trying to become as good as we possibly can?

I've watched Palace shoot itself in the foot as a club over forty years and I want to see some success here before I die. Real success. Not beating a few of the big boys and waiting for the law of averages to catch up with us before slinking back to the Championship where some of us honestly seem to think is our lot.

If we go down this season, I say let's do it not because we sold Ian Wright in '93 or had Chris Armstrong snort away the season in '95 or because we had a massive injury crisis throughout the midfield in '98 or because we didn't buy Tim Cahill in '04. All those things happened because we were a little club and we couldn't survive the circumstances because we had to behave like a little club. We have millions to spend now. We have a freedom to define our club like never before. If we go down, let's do it by at least trying to evolve.

Unlike some here, I have no problem saying we need to move to the 'next level.' Charlton were not wrong to aspire to that and we are wrong if we don't have similar ambition. FdB's philosophy is how we can truly progress and I can't understand being a fan of a football club unless you want that club to be all it can be. Sadly, many here just don't seem to see it that way.
Must spread etc.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:51 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
**** that.

We need to actually go get a good manager

The last "good manager " we had half the people on here didn't want!! - never going to please everyone.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:57 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Agree. But we need to stay up or it'll all be for nothing and set progression back 3 or4 years

Today was encouraging after the last few games and with Sakai back as a leader will help

COYP
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 PM
Bored of the clique

Another Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is hereAnother Oxted Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Needs to be read aloud to rousing music . Fantastic post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:28 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxthorncutter View Post
what did he achieve in Europe with Ajax? Sweet FA.

A monkey could win the Dutch nursery league with Ajax. Even McClaren won it with Twente ffs.
A monkey could have coached England to beat Iceland.

Indeed, only a monkey would make Harry Kane take corner kicks.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
We missed two sitters after the substitutions (neither of them missed by substitutes)
Erm the lads name I can't remember beginning with L missed a good chance with a stooping header. I also think the same lad may have scored if benteke had let him have the ball when his shot was stopped by keepers ankle
Old 10-09-2017, 11:33 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxthorncutter View Post
what did he achieve in Europe with Ajax? Sweet FA.

A monkey could win the Dutch nursery league with Ajax. Even McClaren won it with Twente ffs.
So you're calling Ronald Koeman some kind of a sub-monkey?

He couldn't win the Dutch league with Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Needs to be read aloud to rousing music . Fantastic post
I agree. Even if we go down I want us to stick with FDB. We need stability. We need to develop. I don't care what Brighton do. We can't keep changing managers. I know we've had 4 resign for a variety of reasons since 2011. If we had a stronger squad we would progress.FDB was not backed enough in the window. This squad with wilf fit struggled for 2 seasons. Why do we expect FDB to transform them into the invincibles in 8-10 weeks?
Old 11-09-2017, 12:09 AM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles View Post
**** off all of you. None of today was the managers fault
Totally agree. Woy Hodgson would be a backward step.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:28 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The backward step of playing to players strengths. Now that really would be backward.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:20 AM

The Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So fed up right now with our results! But we Must stand firm on FDB we deserved to win today. The players gave everything. The biggest frustration here for me is that we need to have another option to Benteke. Our failure to secure a striker in the window is what's costing us now - let's hope Connors not far off full fitness.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
2 year deal
Apparently
Old 11-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote frankly

**** OFF!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
When has a failed England manager ever come here at a time of crisis and done anything any good for us.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy and Ray Lewington. Welcome to 1993 people.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:18 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
2 year deal
Apparently
I heard it was a 2 game deal, with a break clause after one game.