Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:16 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Relegation odds 18/19

Cardiff 8/11
Huddersfield 6/5
Fulham 6/4
Watford 2/1
Brighton 2/1
Burnely 4/1
Bournemouth 5/1
Palace 11/2
West Ham 6/1
Newcastle 6/1
Wolverhampton 6/1
Southamptpon 7/1
Leicester 14/1

Interesting view to take from the bookies. Making Newcastle and Southampton as less likely to struggle than us.

The standout odds seem to be the confidence in Wolves doing well.

Presumably Burnley are seen as likely to find juggling europe and prem hard work.

Last edited by scro; 08-06-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are Wolves really that far ahead of Fulham? I'd be tempted at 6-1 to be honest.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:21 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Cardiff 8/11
Huddersfield 6/5
Fulham 6/4
Watford 2/1
Brighton 2/1
Burnely 4/1
Bournemouth 5/1
Palace 11/2
West Ham 6/1
Newcastle 6/1
Wolverhampton 6/1
Southamptpon 7/1
Leicester 14/1

Interesting view to take from the bookies. Making Newcastle and Southampton as less likely to struggle than us.

The standout odds seem to be the confidence Wolves doing well.

Presumably Burnley are seen as likely to find juggling europe and prem hard work.
Yep, the money and connections Wolves have will be a factor but it is far too early to take much from the odds. And even come kick off day, I doubt many bookies had West Brom, Swansea and Stoke to go down.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Newcastle look good at sixes. They are a Benitez walkout away from a Championship team with a Championship manager.

Seriously punching.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
Are Wolves really that far ahead of Fulham? I'd be tempted at 6-1 to be honest.
I agree it seems like those odds are based on the potential of them making the most of their contacts. Signings they haven't yet made. I would think they are decent value at that price.

At the other end does the Liverpool spending spree make them similarly good value at 5/1 for the title?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
Interesting they think Southampton are a top 10 team next season
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:31 AM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Southampton seem good value, bad manager, squad lacking in talent and depth and owners unwilling to spend.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu84 View Post
Southampton seem good value, bad manager, squad lacking in talent and depth and owners unwilling to spend.
I certainly think we have more reason for optimism! Mind you the bookies probably factor in palace shooting themselves in the foot between now and august.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:35 AM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The three clubs at sixes look good value imo
Old 08-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I certainly think we have more reason for optimism! Mind you the bookies probably factor in palace shooting themselves in the foot between now and august.
Haha, yea, they probably have a whole matrix for the inevitable Palace self sabotage
Old 08-06-2018, 11:39 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Wolves ahead of us and Burnley hahah
Old 08-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What about Leicester. Will lose Mahrez and all depends on the replacement they get.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would rather Palace were favourites to go down and then prove pundits wrong. Everytime I get optimistic about Palace it goes tits up.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:44 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Wolves, 6/1 is massive but as proven last year promoted sides have done well as the league is poor. For me has to be Bournemouth where the money goes @ 5s. Always in danger and have been overachieving for a few years.

At 14s also I like the look of Leicester. Mahrez likely to leave there will be pressure on the replacements. Vardys form tailed off and if he stops scoring their problems could get worse. If Maguire was to play and have an outstanding world cup I would imagine a team would come in for him and all of a sudden the spine of their team has been taken apart and then they will be looking more like a team is starting to look like a poor side that we put to the sword last year twice. They have cash to spend however and will no doubt have more from Mahrez etc
Old 08-06-2018, 11:47 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
At 14s also I like the look of Leicester. Mahrez likely to leave there will be pressure on the replacements. Vardys form tailed off and if he stops scoring their problems could get worse. If Maguire was to play and have an outstanding world cup I would imagine a team would come in for him and all of a sudden the spine of their team has been taken apart and then they will be looking more like a team is starting to look like a poor side that we put to the sword last year twice. They have cash to spend however and will no doubt have more from Mahrez etc
Vardy scored 20 goals last season - I wish we had a striker who's form tailed off like that!

And they've just signed Johnny Evans.

I'd be amazed if they were relegated next year.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
According to To view the link you have to Register or Login, the best odds available today are as follows:

Cardiff 5/6 (Betstars)
Huddersfield 5/4 (Betfred and others)
Fulham 7/4 (Betfred and one other)
Watford 9/4 (Betfred)
Brighton 9/4 (Betway)
Burnley 4/1 (Bet365)
Bournemouth 6/1 (Betway*)
Wolverhampton 6/1 (SkyBet*)
Newcastle 6/1 (Betway*)
Palace 6/1 (Betfred plus one)
West Ham 7/1 (Betfred and others)
Southampton 9/1 (Betway)
Leicester 16/1* (Betway*)

* Bournemouth, Leicester, Wolverhampton and Newcastle not featured on Oddschecker for some reason so I have used what seems to be the best odds elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:14 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Vardy scored 20 goals last season - I wish we had a striker who's form tailed off like that!

And they've just signed Johnny Evans.

I'd be amazed if they were relegated next year.
Should have said 'if' his form tails off. Not convinced about Evans, Leicester love a slow Centre half though (See huth, morgan, maguire)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Should have said 'if' his form tails off. Not convinced about Evans, Leicester love a slow Centre half though (See huth, morgan, maguire)
Fair points, though all three of those slow centre halves have done pretty well for them. (Except when playing against us, in the case of Maguire.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-06-2018, 12:24 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
I think Leicester will be this year's Burnley. 7th place for them.

I have no idea how we will do at this stage. Roy fills me with confidence, but the work we will have to do in the transfer window to potentially replace Ward, Cabaye, Sako and RLC as well as strengthening the squad makes me a little nervous. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the World Cup and hope that we have some good news fairly soon.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Burnley should be 8/1. Where is Everton ? - I would have them at 8/1 too.

Southampton looks generous at 9/1