Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For a team that only just avoided relegation, Southampton odds are , well, odd.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:15 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
If you could evens anywhere for Cardiff to go down then im sorry but that has to be printing money and i would be heavily interested.

Happy to eat my own words but I just do not see their squad being anywhere near good enough to get 10 wins and 6 draws. Even if they splash cash and bought 5 or 6 players, their squad will be desperately thin of quality and if these 5/6 were hit with injuries like we were last year I could easily see them down with under 20 points.

Also, has nothing to do with whether or not we will or wont go down either before people shout me down for having a negative opinion on another club
If only so simple.. on the same basis Huddersfield should have gone down last year. I think a lot will depend on the start everyone makes. Palace helped Huddersfield get up and running last year. Let’s hope all these new teams start off with a couple of soul destroying hammerings.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:12 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Change of manager will have chnaged a few peoples perception. They shouldn't have been down the bottom and stuck with Pellegrini too long.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:13 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
Is it a ten-point deduction for entering administration in the Prem too? Or is there some FFP commitee that decide your fate?
9 point deduction in the PL as there are few games and lower points totals at the end of the season.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:12 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Cardiff are nailed one of Wolves and Fulham will go plus Huddersfield.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:22 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Far too difficult to call.

But to stick my neck out.

Would think Cardiff have a massive job on their hands as I think the squad that got promoted must have been the weakest in the championship in years.

Huddersfield got found out in the latter half of the season and I think that will continue next year.

Brighton fell lucky in the way their fixtures panned out, caught clubs like West Ham, Arsenal, Man United and Swansea at the right time. Toe to toe on even scale I think they're out their depth personally.

Clinton Morrison
Old 09-06-2018, 03:30 PM

Fulham are coming up with a few good players in their squad, and they have an owner who may choose to invest in the squad, alongside the money Wolves have i would put them in a pack of about 7 teams all at high risk of relegation with 2 spots available as Cardiff are going down.

In those 7 i would have Wolves, Fulham, Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford and Burnley. I think we are in a group just above that with Newcastle, West Ham, Southampton, Leicester and Everton who could all push towards Europe and could equally all be sucked down into a battle with a bad run of results.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:17 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I’m putting a bet on palace coming in the top 7 next year.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:49 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Far too early to call as we haven't seen any club show its hand in the transfer market as yet, and as we saw last season nothing can be taken for granted. Who would have said Burnley would have had the season they did, who would have thought ALL of the promoted teams would have survived? there is so little to choose between the bottom 10 sides including Palace that it is more or less impossible to predict at this early stage.
If i was to guess at this time i would say it could be any Three from these Four of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford and Newcastle would be my longshot if Ashley is still owner.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:33 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cardiff will hold on to Colin for too long then fatsam will take them down
Brighton had a freakishly injury free season- the trapdoor awaits
Botnemouth will lose their manager then everything will crumble. Mark Hughes will save Bournemouth by marching the saints to relegation. Huddersfield will be crap but crafty enough to stay up on the last day
Watford will struggle but have enough stay up
Palace will finish above all mentioned andnewcastle and Leicester
Old 10-06-2018, 06:07 PM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Huddersfield
Fulham
Cardiff

Brighton will have enough to survive, Wolves will do well. We will be down there again but not in as much mess as last season
Reckon Bournemouth and Newcastle will surprise a few and push for Europe
Old 10-06-2018, 06:17 PM

thomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We are a few players short of a serious Europa league push. Get it right this summer and we could be serious contenders. Back end of last season is probably the best I've ever seen us play since we got promoted
He plays for ivory coast
But he loves palace the most
We've got wilfried zaha
Old 10-06-2018, 07:04 PM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomo12345 View Post
We are a few players short of a serious Europa league push. Get it right this summer and we could be serious contenders. Back end of last season is probably the best I've ever seen us play since we got promoted
You’re living in a dream world

We are more than a few players short
Old 10-06-2018, 07:05 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
Huddersfield
Fulham
Cardiff

Brighton will have enough to survive, Wolves will do well. We will be down there again but not in as much mess as last season
Reckon Bournemouth and Newcastle will surprise a few and push for Europe
Nah Fulham have a decent team and a good manager

Huddersfield
Cardiff
Wolves

Think Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth will struggle.. and Burnley may dependign in Europa league
Old 10-06-2018, 07:16 PM

thomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethomo12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we had won 3 of our first 8 games, that would of put us in 7th come end of the season. We are not as far away as you would think
He plays for ivory coast
But he loves palace the most
We've got wilfried zaha
Old 10-06-2018, 07:33 PM

old geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
No realistic - expect them to do well
Newcastle - all depends on Benitez staying there
Wolves - very optimistic view but they were a strong team last year
We will probably be around 7-12 next year but dependent on signings
Old 10-06-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
You’re living in a dream world

We are more than a few players short
Guaita
AWB - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA
Townsend - Luka - ? - ?
Benteke - Zaha
Subs: Hennessey, Dann, Schlupp, McArthur, ? , Wickham, Sorloth

Before dipping into the market this summer (Guaita was done in Jan) and with players like Cabaye and Sako still discussing new deals that is 3 players short of a pretty strong matchday 18. Yes it relies on Benteke of the season before last rather than last season, yes we need to find replacements for or sign RLC and Cabaye but we are not too far off a squad that based on last years performance might be strong enough for a challenge at a European place.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:47 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Wolves will be fine. They've got players like Neves who'd walk into a lot of premier league sides now. It looks like they'll get Rui Patricio who will be a top signing. Mendes has too many top quality connections for them.

Clinton Morrison
Old 11-06-2018, 09:28 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomo12345 View Post
If we had won 3 of our first 8 games, that would of put us in 7th come end of the season. We are not as far away as you would think
We probably wouldn't have finished 7th though... because if we had won 3 of our first 8 games FDB would have stayed around longer!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Fulham played some great football but it will be a lot harder to play that in the premier league. They also had loads of loan players. They need to spend £40m+ just to stand still with Fredericks leaving on a free and Targett, Mitrovic, Norwood, Piazon, Kalas loans ending.