Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:58 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'll take you up on that offer if this goes ahead.

I'm moving home on Wednesday so everything is a little up in the air right now and will be until the end of the month.

Once things have settled I'll see if people are interested because with this place, HOL and tens of Facebook groups I wonder if things aren't already diluted?

Such as, what would people want in a forum that isn't already catered for?

As I mentioned, buying a domain (name and space) would cost £10 for the first year so it isn't really any kind of risk and the software for the forum is free and open source.

If there is a desire I am happy to step in or if there is a group wanting to run one I am happy to set it up for them as I'd be more of a 'reluctant' site owner.
Sounds good mate. I'll try to moderate quietly in the background. Will free speech will be allowed and not a bannable offence?

Personally I'm hoping for serious discussion about ebay, trainers, hair, russia, palace, and bargains/sales and wants. Can we make these sub-forums?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Sounds good mate. I'll try to moderate quietly in the background. Will free speech will be allowed and not a bannable offence?

Personally I'm hoping for serious discussion about ebay, trainers, hair, russia, palace, and bargains/sales and wants. Can we make these sub-forums?
No Sports Donkey?
Old 12-09-2018, 09:52 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
No Sports Donkey?
Ah yeah, must have an illegal streaming forum too. Good call.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I feel our thread may have got a little off track.

So - Huddersfield eh? Should be a good one.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 12-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
I feel our thread may have got a little off track.

So - Huddersfield eh? Should be a good one.
Thanks Hambo.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:43 AM
South Penge Massive

Thanks Expat

Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:51 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
We could have a varnish forum too to discuss the best quantities to buy it in
Old 12-09-2018, 11:54 AM
South Penge Massive

In my experience, 393 tins is too many.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Right, brand new Preview Pod up for the Huddersfield match, after our week off for the International break (boooo).

There is a bit of an issue with the intro on this ep, but do feel free to ignore that and remember that we're all wonderful professionals. Or something.

So, we discuss:
  • Harry the bumblebee's retirement speech
  • AWB's England U-21 call-up
  • The We Are The Holmesdale movement and new website
  • Whether we risk Wilf and Tonks tomorrow (aka can we risk not playing them)
  • How to get around Benteke's injury
  • Our score predictions, wherein Albert goes mad.
As always the episode is available on whichever podcast app you use, but if you want a direct link, you can find it here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-09-2018, 11:53 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
What do you come on under the podcasts app on the ipad? The last episode is showing from January?
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 14-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
What do you come on under the podcasts app on the ipad? The last episode is showing from January?
If you press the three dots button and go to settings, check it’s got “play in sequential order” checked and make sure you’re subscribed and the latest episode will be at the top. If that doesn’t fix it I suggest unsubscribing, deleting and then resubscribing. I’m on my iPad now and it’s fine for me! This is the correct page: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

Old 15-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Here's the customary matchday bump in case anyone hasn't heard this week's Preview Pod - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Currently driving up to Yorkshire (well, my mate is driving) hoping we don't bloody lose!
Old 21-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Slip it!

Here is the link to this week's Preview Pod - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Big Berty was away this week in the Czech Republic, apparently "working", though it was his birthday so we all know what he was really doing. We did have a great substitute in the Review Show's Mike Scott though, so all was not lost.

This week we discussed:
  • Producer Billiam's Social Media meltdown (including his thoughts on the new yellow kit)
  • Benteke missing from the team photo and PVA's new job as a documentary filmmaker
  • Whether JonJo Shelvey is from another dimension... but not an alien
  • A few quick thoughts on the Huddersfield game
  • Newcastle's chances, with this week's away fan
  • Whether Meyer can be the Cabaye replacement and how it may affect Luka
  • The team for tomorrow's match and our usual score predictions.

Last edited by Abjekt; 21-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 21-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjekt View Post
Here is the link to this week's Preview Pod - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Is there a reason I can never download these podcasts with ios podcast app. Is it an acast thing?
Old 21-09-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
Is there a reason I can never download these podcasts with ios podcast app. Is it an acast thing?
I'm not aware of this being a widespread issue. Certainly works on all of my devices - sometimes some podcasts hang, but cancelling the download and restarting usually solves that.

Beyond that updating/deleting and redownloading the podcast app or using a different pod app - a couple of the team suggesting podkicker or overcast.

It's frustrating to hear you are having issues - let us know if any of that works for you.

Old 22-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
I’ll try some alternates maybe if it’s not by design. It’s been the case for as long as I remember with the podcast on all my devices (2x ios and Mac)- even all the short advent ones. Seems to be that it downloads so far and then fails - I always assumed it was an advert related thing that they wanted to ensure updated ads rather than ones you potentially recorded months before.
Old 25-09-2018, 11:53 AM

Here’s the review show. I was joined by Diyar and Simon to look back at the Newcastle game. Plenty to chat about and we review a fair few listener questions too.

Enjoy: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 25-09-2018, 01:08 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks guys - I'm about half way through this at the moment and enjoying it.

Just one thing to point out - it's pronounced 'Sir-lot', not phonetically.

Keep up the good work!
Old 28-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Slip it!

The Bournemouth Preview Pod is now live, the direct link is: To view the link you have to Register or Login

In Albert's continued absence, we had Stateside Eagle Patrick O'Connor guesting on this episode and we discussed a few things including the below.
  • Palace's announcement regarding the Singing Section.
  • The Dulwich Hamlet friendly.
  • Wilf's new career as a match commentator.
  • Standout performances against West Brom, including Punch, Meyer and Cheikh.
  • What we think will happen against Bournemouth on Monday.
  • The usual predictions and pessimism from me.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Slip it!

Little matchday bump - To view the link you have to Register or Login