Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
He seems small for a Premier League CM. If he is to play there he will need the support of Luka and Kayoute. But Roy doesn't like 3 in the middle.

Im guessing he will take Schlupp's spot at LM?
I agree but I think he is actually 2" bigger than Kante and only 1" shorter than Cabaye but he does look very slight? - (heights according to wiki). Certainly not shorter. So it's possible for him to play there but has to be compensated by quality. Will be interesting to see where he does play. He looks short in most photos because he is always next to Kouyate I am hoping that both get a proper run out in midweek but in a fairly full lineup because we need to bed them in. Tough on the other players needing game time but needs must.

I hadn't realised that Kouyate had played alongside Luka in France earlier in their careers. Not sure if they both played in the centre or not but that would be a bruising midfield and Kouyate can power through the middle or wide which gives us options we haven't had. We do need to quickly settle the first 11. I can still see Meyer starting wide left as he settles in. We need someone that can get us up the pitch and he looks to have the energy to get into the box from there too. Just hope he is as good as predicted, no pressure.......
Old 23-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Kentish Eagle

winners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I can still see Meyer starting wide left as he settles in. We need someone that can get us up the pitch and he looks to have the energy to get into the box from there too. Just hope he is as good as predicted, no pressure.......
His speed over the ground, change of direction, balance, and late runs into the box from the brief time he was on, remind me more of a Coutinho in Liverpool days kind of role, although not sure how that fits in with us
Old 23-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
He's going to be class.

Looked a level above even if it was just a short cameo.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:42 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by winners View Post
His speed over the ground, change of direction, balance, and late runs into the box from the brief time he was on, remind me more of a Coutinho in Liverpool days kind of role, although not sure how that fits in with us
Coutinho often played left in a 3 behind a single striker and in front of 2 behind but often left hanging higher when defending as an out ball. I think I doubt we will move to that but it's possible having Kouyate and Luka in the deeper roles. Would be interested to see it but I don't think we have a forward that can do the defensive workload of Firminio. Neither Wilf nor Benteke have shown that or the mobility up front (yet). Keita played in the same left sided role on Monday but naturally sits deeper being better defensively and so it might be like that but I suspect it will be more like Ruben but he would be more disciplined and effective defensively but still get forward.

I know that there is a strong expectation that he will play in the centre. Swansea might not be a bad time to try that TBH if it is the plan.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:44 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree but I think he is actually 2" bigger than Kante and only 1" shorter than Cabaye but he does look very slight? - (heights according to wiki). Certainly not shorter. So it's possible for him to play there but has to be compensated by quality. Will be interesting to see where he does play. He looks short in most photos because he is always next to Kouyate I am hoping that both get a proper run out in midweek but in a fairly full lineup because we need to bed them in. Tough on the other players needing game time but needs must.

I hadn't realised that Kouyate had played alongside Luka in France earlier in their careers. Not sure if they both played in the centre or not but that would be a bruising midfield and Kouyate can power through the middle or wide which gives us options we haven't had. We do need to quickly settle the first 11. I can still see Meyer starting wide left as he settles in. We need someone that can get us up the pitch and he looks to have the energy to get into the box from there too. Just hope he is as good as predicted, no pressure.......
Belgium but yes.

He looked pretty lively and had a good opportunity. Having played the early part of his career as a number 10 and more towards a number 6 last seaosn he said in his interview he sees himself as something in between like a number 8.

Well we gave him 7 I think given RH likes his wide players to play narrow rather than hug the line and his ability to move us forward i suspect he will play out there on the left.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Belgium but yes.

He looked pretty lively and had a good opportunity. Having played the early part of his career as a number 10 and more towards a number 6 last seaosn he said in his interview he sees himself as something in between like a number 8.

Well we gave him 7 I think given RH likes his wide players to play narrow rather than hug the line and his ability to move us forward i suspect he will play out there on the left.
Oops Belgium - aren't they all the same ..... coughs, splutter

When I said wide, I did mean wide midfielder, as we play, not as a winger.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Looked a level above even if it was just a short cameo.
Really? I'm not sure he showed anything to suggest he was a class above.

To be clear, I expect him to prove to be an excellent signing, but (unsurprisingly given the circumstances of the match, the time he was on, and his lack of match time) I'm not sure he showed anything particularly special on Monday.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 23-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am really looking forward to seeing this guy play, it would be great to have another superstar to take some of the oppositions attention off wilf.
Old 23-08-2018, 12:18 PM

Vicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I actually see him playing on the right with Andros on the left (which could help Benteke), that's certainly where he was playing on Monday albeit Andros had already been sacrificed after the sending off.
Old 23-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacebear View Post
I am really looking forward to seeing this guy play, it would be great to have another superstar to take some of the oppositions attention off wilf.
wow easy there
Old 23-08-2018, 12:47 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Oops Belgium - aren't they all the same ..... coughs, splutter
No. In Belgium they have proper bogs but in France you stand over a hole in the ground and try not to miss when you s***e. Entirely different.
Old 23-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicmo View Post
I actually see him playing on the right with Andros on the left .
Out of the question, it would ruin Andros's new song.
Old 26-08-2018, 05:00 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Only a sneak peak of what he offers so far, but just from the glimpses of a player without a proper pre-season, he is going to be massive addition for us. He has that natural awareness of where everyone is and looks to push the ball forward when the chance arises.
Old 26-08-2018, 05:03 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Has to start over Schlupp, who as I’ve said since he arrived, is tidy but doesn’t have that much about him. Would probably be an excellent LWB, but he’s an average left back and an average left midfielder.
Old 26-08-2018, 05:05 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
This kid could be exceptional for us. I think he's going to be everything we hoped Cabaye was going to be and more.
Old 26-08-2018, 05:06 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
This kid could be exceptional for us. I think he's going to be everything we hoped Cabaye was going to be and more.
i would say more. Cabaye flattered to deceive. Very tidy but how many match winning performances?
Old 26-08-2018, 05:07 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Has to start over Schlupp, who as I’ve said since he arrived, is tidy but doesn’t have that much about him. Would probably be an excellent LWB, but he’s an average left back and an average left midfielder.
Think Meyer was always going to replace Schlupp, just needed time to get up to speed. I'll be shocked if we start our next game with Meyer on the bench again.

Schlupp clearly has his shortcomings but is a great squad player for a club like ours to have.
Old 26-08-2018, 05:07 PM

SeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked very tidy overall. Underhit a few longer passes, one of which put us in trouble at the back. Seemed to be in the right place at the right time quite a bit and liked to get involved in play, particularly shorter interplay around the corner, one-twos and give-and-gos. Has that 'wavelength' that players like Wilf, RLC, PVA and Cabaye have which leads to some classy looking play. Excited about his future with us!
Old 26-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
i would say more. Cabaye flattered to deceive. Very tidy but how many match winning performances?
Yeah, maybe i didn't make it clear in my post; i always felt Cabaye - despite a great last run in the team - was a disappointment considering the expectation when he arrived.

This Meyer kid looks the real deal. Very exciting.
Old 26-08-2018, 05:23 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
i'd expect (and hope) to see him starting next Saturday. Very tidy player who looks busy and industrious.