Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacemad2002 View Post
Have a day off. Sure you're right, but can't we just enjoy a rare point earned at Old Trafford fot once?.
This.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Sorloth last week in the last min?

We are just a bit of luck with finishing away from some decent results
At least he hit the target
Old 25-11-2018, 01:32 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
I’m not sure the champagne corks should be popping this evening. I feel we dropped two points today - largely because we missed straightforward chances.
As did they to be fair
Old 25-11-2018, 01:40 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
The OP has a history of starting negative threads regardless of how well we do. Yes our finishing is poor but we knew that anyway. Great performance today, feels like a decent win is just around the corner.
Old 25-11-2018, 02:08 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
The OP has a history of starting negative threads regardless of how well we do. Yes our finishing is poor but we knew that anyway. Great performance today, feels like a decent win is just around the corner.
regardless of his history he is right. SO why bring up his history.

After a poor run against "easier" teams, i felt we had to get a "shock" result amongst this difficult run. Today was the day to get it. We didnt. The season will continue to see us losing at home to shite like Burnley, Cardiff, Fulham etc.....you see it in your tea leaves now.
Old 25-11-2018, 02:18 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
I’m not sure the champagne corks should be popping this evening. I feel we dropped two points today - largely because we missed straightforward chances.
The last time we got anything at Old Trafford was nearly 30 years ago.

The last time we kept a clean sheet there was nearly 50 years ago.

Anyone with any sense would have taken a draw if offered before the game.

Perspective.
Old 25-11-2018, 02:29 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
add to the other 25 glaring opportunities we've missed in the last 2 seasons
Wonder what a premier league goal is worth in financial terms??
Old 25-11-2018, 02:29 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Following advise on here, I have just finished my 3rd Jamaican wood bine and am feeling a certain sense of optimism in the air!
Old 25-11-2018, 02:43 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
regardless of his history he is right. SO why bring up his history.

After a poor run against "easier" teams, i felt we had to get a "shock" result amongst this difficult run. Today was the day to get it. We didnt. The season will continue to see us losing at home to shite like Burnley, Cardiff, Fulham etc.....you see it in your tea leaves now.
We got 2 points from the 4 games, arguably unlucky not to get more. That's pretty close, on points, to one "shock" result and much better in terms of performance.
Old 25-11-2018, 05:59 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
The sole scorer in our home win v Burnley last season is no longer at the club. Happy days.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 25-11-2018, 09:05 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Indeed. Townsends miss is among the worst you'll see all season
Agree
Old 25-11-2018, 10:50 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
I don't normally moan about missed chances because every player does it and we've had bigger problems this season but yesterday showed just how bad the problem is for us now.We missed at least 3 that should go in 9/10 times.Add that to Benteke's misses for the last 2 seasons and it's starting to become a bigger problem than I thought it would.
Old 25-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
The sole scorer in our home win v Burnley last season is no longer at the club. Happy days.
I've thought we could've done with him this season, he's a natural finisher. Shame it seems he wanted too much dough.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:02 PM

hihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think technique has something to do with it. PVA hits it with his right when the ball is coming from the right. I was taught to always hit it with the opposite foot to where the ball was coming from.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:07 PM

bolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
The point is that I’m right, it’s worth discussing. I’ve been to all our games at Old Trafford since 1993 and that was the first point I’ve seen us get. I was at the game yesterday, I go to all our games home and away. Do you?

I don’t think we should be blindly happy just because we got our first point off the worst Man U team we’ve played against, when we had several simple chances to win it. The club need to address it - and it won’t be solved by buying one striker.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:25 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
The last time we got anything at Old Trafford was nearly 30 years ago.

The last time we kept a clean sheet there was nearly 50 years ago.

Anyone with any sense would have taken a draw if offered before the game.

Perspective.
Well obviously we'd have all taken a draw pre match, but after the game and Sunday park football finishing, then a point is a little disappointing.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:30 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi View Post
I think technique has something to do with it. PVA hits it with his right when the ball is coming from the right. I was taught to always hit it with the opposite foot to where the ball was coming from.
The pass from wilf needed to be a few more yards in front of him which would have allowed him to use either foot, ideally letting it come across him to his left.
Old 25-11-2018, 12:53 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's not so much our finishing but the situations and management in the final third is awful too. Look at Townsend's chance yesterday- both Wilf and Meyer could have been more aggressive and got alongside him to either drag defenders away or give him another option, and neither of them did. Another example yesterday was Wilf's effort in the first half. How can it be that he's the closest player to goal 30 yards out? Again no options elsewhere and he is forced to go it alone.

It all comes back to not having an out and out centre forward who can occupy defenders and provide a goal threat and which means that we don't play anywhere near high enough up the pitch. As many have said- we are a centre forward away from being a good team.
Old 25-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
It's not so much our finishing but the situations and management in the final third is awful too. Look at Townsend's chance yesterday- both Wilf and Meyer could have been more aggressive and got alongside him to either drag defenders away or give him another option, and neither of them did. Another example yesterday was Wilf's effort in the first half. How can it be that he's the closest player to goal 30 yards out? Again no options elsewhere and he is forced to go it alone.

It all comes back to not having an out and out centre forward who can occupy defenders and provide a goal threat and which means that we don't play anywhere near high enough up the pitch. As many have said- we are a centre forward away from being a good team.

Townsend shouldn't need anyone, should have buried it, very poor.
Old 25-11-2018, 01:27 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
We got 2 points from the 4 games, arguably unlucky not to get more. That's pretty close, on points, to one "shock" result and much better in terms of performance.
Most of us would have taken 2 pts from those 4 games. But they will be wasted if we don’t get a decent haul from the next 4