Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
There was also a ridiculous moment late in the game when Wilf turned just inside the box to retrieve the ball from just outside the box, the Brighton defender grabbed his arm and pulled him back and the ref gave Brighton a free kick.

If it was a foul it was by the defender and, as it was inside the box, it was a penalty. The softest penalty of all time maybe, but still a penalty. Yet somehow he gave them a free kick. Bizarre.
I forgot to mention that one above. Make that point 7
Old 05-12-2018, 11:54 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
There was also a moment when Wilf blitzed passed a March (i think) and was poleaxed down only for Friend to award a goal kick.

It was so ******* blatant as well.
That was moments before he booked wilf for slipping over
Old 05-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seen the penalty back now. Exactly how I recalled, McArthur with a great goal saving challenge (that should have never been necessary) interpreted as a touch from a Brighton player. He got his angles all wrong and I suspect he knew it. Absolute farce.

Seen the second too. Tomkins clearly never touches the ball. But penalty? I've seen them given. He shouldn't be diving in, he should be shepherding Murray into a corner. Then Tomkins losing his man. Ref clearly interpreted Tomkin's tackle as a good one and getting the ball.

Third, we were down and out chasing the game.

I think in all honestly it would've been a tight game but I think Brighton would've won simply because our midfield hadn't turned up from Saturday which won us the game against Burnley. But the manner in which we lost aided by the officials made me feel sick.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 05-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Yup. We were very poor and didn't deserve anything from the game, but last night was the first time I've genuinely wondered if a ref was on the take. I lost count of the shocking decisions.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:22 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Yup. We were very poor and didn't deserve anything from the game, but last night was the first time I've genuinely wondered if a ref was on the take. I lost count of the shocking decisions.

Yep, he was desperate to book Zaha all game, finally managed it when he slipped.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:24 PM

Sewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
Seen the penalty back now. Exactly how I recalled, McArthur with a great goal saving challenge (that should have never been necessary) interpreted as a touch from a Brighton player. He got his angles all wrong and I suspect he knew it. Absolute farce.

Seen the second too. Tomkins clearly never touches the ball. But penalty? I've seen them given. He shouldn't be diving in, he should be shepherding Murray into a corner. Then Tomkins losing his man. Ref clearly interpreted Tomkin's tackle as a good one and getting the ball.

Third, we were down and out chasing the game.

I think in all honestly it would've been a tight game but I think Brighton would've won simply because our midfield hadn't turned up from Saturday which won us the game against Burnley. But the manner in which we lost aided by the officials made me feel sick.
What was stupid, watching the replay, is Tomkins complaining about the corner and telling the ref that he didn't touch the ball. Which is, er, almost admitting that he only played Murray so it could be a penalty.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewell's lob View Post
What was stupid, watching the replay, is Tomkins complaining about the corner and telling the ref that he didn't touch the ball. Which is, er, almost admitting that he only played Murray so it could be a penalty.
I noticed that too. But maybe he's saying he threw himself to the ground (which injured him) instead of being pushed over when he was going nowhere? He was looking for a penalty. The bastard.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 05-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
I forgot to mention that one above. Make that point 7
Can’t someone make a video of the 7 points and just post it on social media?
It’s the only way things get brought to light.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Smithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seeing as we're Ref bashing and yearning for VAR i didn't see this last night but Zaha looks incredibly lucky to have stayed on the pitch after (what looks like) a blatant stamp on a brighton player , how Mr Friend missed that iv'e no idea as he was 2 yards away looking right at it , VAR and Referees are brilliant until they go against you , every fan of every club will love and hate VAR next season , i keep telling myself the result would of been different in our favour but for the Penalty decision but to be honest i really cant
Old 05-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
According to Penstone Eagle, the corner should have been a penalty.
Well a Brighton fan would say that, wouldn't they.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy52 View Post
Seeing as we're Ref bashing and yearning for VAR i didn't see this last night but Zaha looks incredibly lucky to have stayed on the pitch after (what looks like) a blatant stamp on a brighton player , how Mr Friend missed that iv'e no idea as he was 2 yards away looking right at it , VAR and Referees are brilliant until they go against you , every fan of every club will love and hate VAR next season , i keep telling myself the result would of been different in our favour but for the Penalty decision but to be honest i really cant
The incident where he'd been fouled and stumbled to catch his balance? Would have been an incredibly harsh red card.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Well a Brighton fan would say that, wouldn't they.
I thought at the time that incident was far more of a penalty than the one he gave. Murray goes down very easily but there was contact on him and Tomkins doesn't touch the ball (as he insists on telling the ref at the time!).
Old 05-12-2018, 01:12 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewell's lob View Post
He didn’t foull Murray. They possibly touched while both running and Murray fell over and kicked the ball out of touch. If that was a penalty then so was Delaneys on Benteke and basically every contact and fall in the box ever.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:16 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought at the time that incident was far more of a penalty than the one he gave. Murray goes down very easily but there was contact on him and Tomkins doesn't touch the ball (as he insists on telling the ref at the time!).
Just watched it again - no way is that a foul. Murray even looks up to change direction to get a ‘touch’
Old 05-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Kentish Eagle

winners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy52 View Post
Blatant stamp? He was dragging back the ball and a Brighton player slid in mid drag?
Old 05-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Kentish Eagle

winners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
He didn’t foull Murray. They possibly touched while both running and Murray fell over and kicked the ball out of touch. If that was a penalty then so was Delaneys on Benteke and basically every contact and fall in the box ever.
Murray is an expert at offering the ball, then positioning his body between the player and touching the ball away last minute. Gives the ref a decision to make I guess, who initiated the contact? Could be argued either way but if the ref thinks the defender, then pen. Only has to happen his way once a game to make a difference.

He has done it for years, and we had the benefit of it numerous times.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Lovely

There were only two blatant pens last night - one was awarded for the foul on Wilf, and one the ref preferred to blow the final whistle.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:32 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
WE WERE RUBBISH AND DID NOT DESERVE ANYTHING BUT;
1 truly awful penalty given to kick start Brighton scoring.
2 2nd goal was not a corner but a free kick.
3 Brighton were allowed to time waste from 20th minute on with no penalty. Yes, Friend waved his arms about and pointed to his watch a lot but considering how many times Brighton players were shot by that sniper and the resulting minutes of rolling around on the floor, the extremely slow walk off the pitch, and then another minute then moving a free kick taker from the other side of the pitch to take the kickonly 5 minutes extra time given. 6 subs. Lost ball. Brighton allowed to kill the game. No cards for the time wasting.
Don't get me wrong, even if he allowed the correct 15 minutes of extra time it would not have made a difference to the result but ******* penalise the ***** for doing it. As it is, he has vindicated their tactics.
4 Luka penalty spot shit. He had to give the blatant penalty on Wilf but he did everything he could to put extra pressure on Luka before he took it.
5 As ever Wilf and others hacked down time and time again, when he gave the fouls he did not give Brighton any reason to stop committing them by using those card thingies until too late in the game for it to stop them getting away with it. In fact 1 time when Wilf was hacked, he played on as the ball was out of control and went over the line. Did he bring it back for the obvious free kick- no. He gave a goal kick.
In effect he enabled Brighton to play that way, did nothing to stop it but everything to encourage it. Their man of the match.
6 Quick enough with the cards when it was a Palace player. Could not get the card out of his pocket quick enough then.
Our players played badly but how much of that was from an expectation that this ref was going to screw us over like he has done in the past.
FRIEND OF BRIGHTON. THEIR MAN OF THE MATCH.
I thought him dancing about behind their keeper was a bit excessive.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.

Last edited by elgin eagle; 05-12-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
The incident where he'd been fouled and stumbled to catch his balance? Would have been an incredibly harsh red card.
The Brighton player slid in as Wilf had his studs on the ball to turn. Removed the ball and will caught him. If anything the Brighton player caused it.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:39 PM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
There was also a moment when Wilf blitzed passed a March (i think) and was poleaxed down only for Friend to award a goal kick.

It was so ******* blatant as well.
Was a stupid decision however I do feel Wilf gets this kind of thing because he moans too much, plus he was lucky to get away without a second yellow.