Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:18 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Defeats worse than that?

That really was pony tonight.

Abject. Dreadful. Disgraceful. Embarrassing.

Wankers, the lot of em.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:22 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
******* hell, it was not as bad as people are making out in the slightest. I've got a back catalogue of games that were worse than that.
Yep - quite a few were much worse. 3-0 down there in the rain in the promotion season was worse, but people probably forget it due to what happened just a few months later

3-0 against Millwall in Burley's last game was awful.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:25 AM

Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn’t we loan them Andy Linigan for the QPR 6-0 game too?
Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 AM

Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
3-1 at The Goldstone, Boxing Day approx 87 was one I’ve tried to wipe from the memory too.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:34 AM

Good Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
0-3 v Watford, Playoff semi was about as deflated as I've felt after a Palace match but that's because there was so much riding on it. Tonight I would compare to 0-4 against Sunderland in terms of pure anger at our performance. Overall Sunderland home the worst for me.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:36 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Yep - quite a few were much worse. 3-0 down there in the rain in the promotion season was worse, but people probably forget it due to what happened just a few months later

3-0 against Millwall in Burley's last game was awful.
I enjoyed that one. For NYE I went to a rave of questionable legality in East London, got home just in time to pour myself a large Jack Daniels and tune the wireless in as the teams came out and then promptly passed out on the sofa to wake 4 hours later to the news that Burley was out
Old 05-12-2018, 12:43 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
In all the years I can remember it is extremely rare we are ever up for derby games whether it's Brighton, Millwall, Charlton and even to a lesser extent Wimbledon.

We as a club seem to have a real issue of a lack of passion when it comes to those big do or die games.

As for bad games... That Crewe one mentioned was dire. I also remember going twice to The Den (New Year 94 and Boxing Day 2001) and getting absolutely turned over 3-0 both times with no fight what so ever. Not forgetting 0-3 vs Wimbledon in 97/98, the day Carl Leaburn taught us a lesson.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:08 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
In all the years I can remember it is extremely rare we are ever up for derby games whether it's Brighton, Millwall, Charlton and even to a lesser extent Wimbledon.

We as a club seem to have a real issue of a lack of passion when it comes to those big do or die games.

As for bad games... That Crewe one mentioned was dire. I also remember going twice to The Den (New Year 94 and Boxing Day 2001) and getting absolutely turned over 3-0 both times with no fight what so ever. Not forgetting 0-3 vs Wimbledon in 97/98, the day Carl Leaburn taught us a lesson.
As we know the Brighton games generally go from one extreme to the other. The record at Millwall is ridiculous though.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:13 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Every single trip to Bristol City
Old 05-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
I'd forgotten about that one but this was what Warnock said post match:

"I hope the lads go home tonight as embarrassed as me. We can't play like that. I can't think of a bigger embarrassment in my career.

"All you can do is apologise to the fans who I thought were terrific. I would crucify the manager if I was one of them after that."

I want to hear the same tonight.
And yet we get the lads gave it their best shot
Old 05-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Every single trip to Bristol City
Went down there just after Xmas in 2008. We lost 1-0, were ******* awful and it was FREEZING!!! Not to mention the trek from the stadium back to the car after the game.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
I think what has really done me in is that it's only 3 days after a dominant home performance which I have been waiting for for months. I can't even bask in it for a fuxking week without being brought straight back down to earth.

The rest of the week will be shit now.
Key signifier of a shit side - massive inconsistency. This is what marks this season out from previous years - no win seems to give us momentum.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 05-12-2018, 01:44 AM

riggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
very rarely post but was in the Brighton east stand tonight, they were first to the ball in every instance and just looked more up for it
Old 05-12-2018, 01:47 AM

riggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineriggers : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nailed it
Old 05-12-2018, 03:29 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Millwall away 3 0 was far worse.
Was that the one that Puncheon scored a hat trick for them?
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 AM
papa

skootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskootskoot30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
definitely that game left a bad feeling in my stomach for a few hours, but the Sunderland game was way worse. When they got the first goal, I felt nervous because we needed to win, and then them to score three right before halftime just ended our afternoon. Also, a good shout is last year at home to United. We needed points, and Andros gave us the lead early, and PVA added to it right after the break. Smalling pulled one back a bit later, but United didn't look like scoring until Lukaku got a lucky bounce to pull another one back. It would have been a bit dissapointing to lose two points, but then Matic scored a stunner in 90 +1 and we went away empty handed. I was gutted after that one.

Last edited by skootskoot30; 05-12-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:35 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Palace 0 Wimbledon 5 when they were ground sharing with us.

Abject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 05-12-2018, 07:23 AM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seem to remember venables last game, second time around, with the club on verge on administration and the likes of Jansen, Lombardo etc taken out of the squad and losing 4 0 at Bolton. Horrible feeling all round at the impending doom
Old 05-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last night's defeat should help us at least for the return game as Brighton being Brighton will now have the mentality they will turn up and walk all over us again just like the 3 0 and following play off
Old 05-12-2018, 08:02 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Crystal Palace 0 Grimsby 3 in 1986 was a good one. Let’s hope history doesn’t replace itself!