Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:29 AM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
I wouldn’t expect you to understand as you seem quite a passive, benign gentleman. But performances like that are a disgrace away at your rivals and people, understandably after a few beers, get very ****ed off and struggle to keep their emotions in tact in front of goading old bill and Brighton wankers.

Players and management need to be made aware that this gutless performance away to Brighton is unacceptable and can’t happen again. No fight or desire. Feeble as ****. Disgrace.
I did not see any goading old bill last night. All I saw was a very downbeat force who were having to take a lot of stick. Last year they were actively looking for trouble, this year trying to avoid any.

It was an unacceptable performance from the team though.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wouldn’t expect you to understand as you seem quite a passive, benign gentleman.
Yes, I'm sure that's how my friends would describe me...

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-12-2018, 11:30 AM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was there and other than the odd idiot, didn't see or hear anything to be embarrassed about.

In regards to the concourse before the game, I thought that was decent atmosphere. If you wanted to avoid the beer being thrown around do what we did and move slightly away from that area.

People just like to moan and blow everything out of proportion unfortunately. Of course there is a few but there always will be in any crowd.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:33 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wouldn’t expect you to understand as you seem quite a passive, benign gentleman. But performances like that are a disgrace away at your rivals and people, understandably after a few beers, get very ****ed off and struggle to keep their emotions in tact in front of goading old bill and Brighton wankers.

Players and management need to be made aware that this gutless performance away to Brighton is unacceptable and can’t happen again. No fight or desire. Feeble as ****. Disgrace.
You are holding the players responsible for the unruly behaviour of fans?

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 05-12-2018, 11:34 AM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

At the end of the day we lost a game, sadly it was against our rivals and they gloated and wound us up as we have done before to them on numerous occasions. But surely we are all capable of behaving properly and demonstrating some self control.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:34 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

Not solely, but certainly doesn’t help.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
**** me, all this forum does now is Moan, Moan and Moan, if its not the supporters, its the players, then its the chairman, infact its anything to do with CPFC, Get a grip, the most successful period in our history, What a ride, just enjoy it and stop ******* moaning about everything, This is Palace .
Old 05-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's in part down to a poor performance from the players that someone smacked a copper? FML. Just ******* wow.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:39 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
The only people responsible for crossing a line are those that do it.

There are no excuses and if anything happened that needs to be explained in court I do not think a magistrate would be impressed by a shit performance being used as mitigating circumstances. Do you?

Old 05-12-2018, 11:40 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely. I had to punch my kids last night. I’ve now been reported to the authorities. Thanks players.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:41 AM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last year was so bad that we decided against it. Reading this thread would suggest that we made the right call, regardless of events on the pitch.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:42 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
I didn’t understand when we were chasing the game why some of our fans decided it was a good idea not to give the ball back. Madness.
Also, wasn’t impressed by the throwing of beer around the concourse pre-match. Not everyone want to behave like a five year old.
It wasn't our fans. It was a steward
Old 05-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Absolutely. I had to punch my kids last night. I’ve now been reported to the authorities. Thanks players.
Lucky you, I have no kids living with me and have no pets. Imagine how hard it was for me to vent.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:43 AM

Andy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAndy08 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
@brightonsnapper on Twitter had a video up (which has since been deleted) of a Palace fan in the kettle gobbing all over him
Old 05-12-2018, 11:49 AM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy08 View Post
@brightonsnapper on Twitter had a video up (which has since been deleted) of a Palace fan in the kettle gobbing all over him
There is a video that he says is Palace fans, although all I can see is a group dressed in black with their hoods up!
Old 05-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Upon entering the (very crowded) concourse pre match, there was beer throwing and the 'Brighton take it up the bum..' song. No such songs sang in the stand, presumably because there is CCTV there.

I find the whole thing joyless if I'll be honest, huge numbers of police everywhere, can't wear colours (unless maybe you come and go by official coach), the long walk from their overpriced car park, that it's always midweek, and that there is absolutely bugger all else near the ground like a chippy, bookies, café or whatever. I also find that the ratio of older people, wifes, girlfriends, families with kids etc is far less, it's all very lads,lads,lads everywhere, which I think just makes the whole thing even more testosterone driven.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
It wasn't our fans. It was a steward
The ball went under the blue tarpaulin covering the first rows of seats, they couldn’t find it

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
The only people responsible for crossing a line are those that do it.

There are no excuses and if anything happened that needs to be explained in court I do not think a magistrate would be impressed by a shit performance being used as mitigating circumstances. Do you?
Quite.

It’s football...no one should travel with an entitled expectation that we’ll win. Sometimes the team has a total mare, sometimes the refs get it wrong. Sometimes the opposition fans get lairy towards us, just as we would towards them given half a chance.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up, go home and kick the cat (not really!).

The players are responsible for yesterday’s abject performance, but how a supporter reacts to it is their responsibility. Sounds like a few need to grow up.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:53 AM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy08 View Post
Where's the video then? Conveniently deleted. Palace fans so quick to throw their own under the bus.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:56 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
Amazed reading this. I was there and saw nothing like this. All went off without incident from what I saw. Other than a few kids chucking beer around on the concourse before the game.
Same here. I wasn't at the station after the game, but saw or heard nothing untoward.