Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:35 PM

bolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Our defending is atrocious

Three more goals to add to the pretty long ‘easily preventable’ list for this season.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:36 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
Three more goals to add to the pretty long ‘easily preventable’ list for this season.

First was a penalty that never was. Other 2 we need to look at ourselves about, even if the second wasn't a corner in the first place.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:37 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Usually it isn't but usually we don't bother attacking so we spend 90% of the match defending and if you do that any set of defenders will make a mistake.

Tonight Tomkins didn't turn up at all and the other three were also awful. But then two of them were easily preventable - by means of competent officiating.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:39 PM

bolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

First was a penalty that never was. Other 2 we need to look at ourselves about, even if the second wasn't a corner in the first place.
The defending that led to the penalty was abject. Should never have been in a position to give it away.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:39 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:

You saw the ‘defending’ prior to the penalty being given right?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:40 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is here
Quote:

The defending that put us in the position to concede a penalty was repeatedly atrocious.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:41 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
You saw the ‘defending’ prior to the penalty being given right?
It was a poor header by a young inexperienced defender who is not good in the air.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:42 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Our goal difference would suggest otherwise.

We couldn’t score in a brothel and that is our primary problem.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:44 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
It was a poor header by a young inexperienced defender who is not good in the air.
It was still atrocious and very, very avoidable.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:47 AM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
“We’ve got the best back four outside the top six”
Old 05-12-2018, 01:37 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
What a load of bollox.

It was a terrible night but defensively we have been excellent this season. Bare in mind we have a far better GD than anyone around us despite having hardly scored all season!

Also half the goals before tonight have pretty much been where we were chasing the game and got caught late on from a counter attack.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh, I didn’t realise that doesn’t fall under the criteria of shit defending. As you were...
Old 05-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Super Palace fragile shits...Defending is atrocious
Old 05-12-2018, 09:09 AM

west eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
to concede when they had 9 players on the pitch is pretty atrocious
Old 05-12-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
What a load of bollox.

It was a terrible night but defensively we have been excellent this season. Bare in mind we have a far better GD than anyone around us despite having hardly scored all season!

Also half the goals before tonight have pretty much been where we were chasing the game and got caught late on from a counter attack.
There are loads of goals this season that could have been easily prevented;
- Liverpool pen (Sakho needless going to ground)
- Spurs (Ayew ballwatching free header)
- Bournemouth first goal (PVA leaving winger unmarked)
- Bournemouth pen (needless freekick and Sakho giving away a stupid pen)
- Chelsea (Morata unmarked)
- Southampton (Ings unmarked, cross not cut out)
- Wolves (PVA falling asleep and Hennessy conceding near post)
- Brighton (all goals defensive errors)
- Arsenal (needless free kick)
- Everton (wasn’t that a free header from a clumsy free kick?)
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
There are loads of goals this season that could have been easily prevented;
- Liverpool pen (Sakho needless going to ground)
- Spurs (Ayew ballwatching free header)
- Bournemouth first goal (PVA leaving winger unmarked)
- Bournemouth pen (needless freekick and Sakho giving away a stupid pen)
- Chelsea (Morata unmarked)
- Southampton (Ings unmarked, cross not cut out)
- Wolves (PVA falling asleep and Hennessy conceding near post)
- Brighton (all goals defensive errors)
- Arsenal (needless free kick)
- Everton (wasn’t that a free header from a clumsy free kick?)
As many managers have often said, every goal is an error.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:14 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
It's hard to take any positives from that shambles of a performance, all I can say is I have actually seen worse in 1977, we went to Port Vale with just five games left in a 46 match season and lost 4-1 plus had midfield maestro George 'Stroller' Graham sent off. Palace still managed to miraculously get promoted by winning the remaining four matches and closing the five point gap that Wrexham had over us - and it was only 2pts for a win back then!

Want to know how good Port Vale were? They avoided relegation by just 3pts and had a minus 24 goal difference!

Most of you will recall how totally shit we have been in recent seasons, the 0-4 home defeat to Birmingham at Easter in our 2013 promotion season springs to mind, as does the 0-4 to Sunderland a couple of years ago.

I think the current Palace team have enough about them to correct the failings of last Tuesday, it was a comedy of errors, although having watched Palace for all these years, it is rather in keeping with our Jekyl and Hyde persona as a football club, following on from the joy of the Burnley match only three days previously. Good old Palace!
Old 07-12-2018, 10:18 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The problem lies at the other end of the pitch. You can't do much if you can't score.