Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Mark Dennis's Mullet

Grabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to OllieGrabber belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
A few cats?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
And spend it wisely - we have spunked £60 million and £250k a week in wages on two players who haven’t exactly been game changers for us. We could have got 4 decent Premier league players (who are all good enough to start in the first XI) for that outlay.
Exactly. People sagging off Bournemouth need to compare our business with theirs. They have set piece experts, genuine pacy forwards, players like Ake at the back. Our scouting has been very poor for a while. Just hope Roy gets an input into the type of players he needs next month.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:42 AM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
Chelsea fans are moaning about having only having Giroud and £60m Morata. So who do we sign to score our goals? At our level of funding its players like Ings, Austin, Vokes, or we take a punt on a player from Europe or lower leagues. Either way there’s no guarantee they are good enough. At the start of the season Benteke was fit and Wickham was expected to return. OK Sorloth doesn’t look like making the grade and Ayew to be fair is an AM/winger not a striker. Our best hope is getting a couple of attacking players on loan in January for survival. We’ll have the same problem in the summer even if Wilf goes for a big fee. Who’s available who’s good enough and wants to come to Palace? Changing the manager is pointless unless a new one can bring top players with him which is very unlikely, Pardew / Cabaye excepted.
Agreed. This is our reality.
My slight worry is that by sticking to the same or nearly the same 11 each week the fringe players will lose heart and the regulars will lose their hunger.
If we lose on Saturday I would advocate a few changes just to shake things up a bit.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
I don't think Bournemouth have. And let's face it, it's not as if Palace have invested big time in the "Academy", the "scouting" team and training/ medical facilities etc
They certainly didn't invest in the staff canteen at the training ground. Condemned by the health people. Oops
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Jeffrey Schlupp earns £70k per week. Says it all really.
This is quite astonishing i agree. Even if Schlupp turned out to be a first team regular key to our success. At the time of signing he was a bit part player for leicester and they hardly showed much desire to keep him. How on earth do you end up paying so much for him in terms of salary?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:

I’m not disputing this but can I ask how you know it?
Old 07-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
Agreed. This is our reality.
My slight worry is that by sticking to the same or nearly the same 11 each week the fringe players will lose heart and the regulars will lose their hunger.
If we lose on Saturday I would advocate a few changes just to shake things up a bit.
This is something to throw in regarding Roy's management. When it's clear that something needs to be done he will do it but 20 to 30 mins too late. At half time anyone could see on Tuesday we needed a footballing miracle to salvage something from the game. An ideal time to throw Sorloth on with Ayew and have wilf and AT wide Meyer behind AS and AA taking of MacArthur and JT. A bit of innovative thinking to unsettle BHA...no they are down to 10 men we will continue in 442 and have players out of position. Roy accepts no responsibility when things go wrong. To say your fringe players arent worth a try is demeaning to those players. Riedeweld played well against Man City last season. Not started since. Not surprising he's lost interest. I keep repeating the AWB scenario as it epitomised Roy's management. Only in because of excessive injuries. Plays extremely well and dropped as soon as Ward is able to walk. AWB was obviously seem as not good enough by Roy. Which then brings Roy's judgement into question.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:15 AM

CamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is here
He may receive £70k per week but he definitely doesn't earn it.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
I’m not disputing this but can I ask how you know it?
I have seen this reported in several places also.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Banned by Moderators

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
This is something to throw in regarding Roy's management. When it's clear that something needs to be done he will do it but 20 to 30 mins too late. At half time anyone could see on Tuesday we needed a footballing miracle to salvage something from the game. An ideal time to throw Sorloth on with Ayew and have wilf and AT wide Meyer behind AS and AA taking of MacArthur and JT. A bit of innovative thinking to unsettle BHA...no they are down to 10 men we will continue in 442 and have players out of position. Roy accepts no responsibility when things go wrong. To say your fringe players arent worth a try is demeaning to those players. Riedeweld played well against Man City last season. Not started since. Not surprising he's lost interest. I keep repeating the AWB scenario as it epitomised Roy's management. Only in because of excessive injuries. Plays extremely well and dropped as soon as Ward is able to walk. AWB was obviously seem as not good enough by Roy. Which then brings Roy's judgement into question.
I honestly think Roy has concentration problems. He looks gormless on the line and games just pass him by. Someone must prod him and say wake up , you need to changes things and by then it's too late. We need a younger manager to liven things up. Dour Roy is past his sell by date.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:29 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
"Doug" Freedman is in charge of transfers.
RH did say he has been an admirer of Ayew for sometime ( even though Ayew is not a target man ) . RH also said that Sorloth was his main target in the January Window .
Old 07-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Sewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSewell's lob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
RH did say he has been an admirer of Ayew for sometime ( even though Ayew is not a target man ) . RH also said that Sorloth was his main target in the January Window .
I thought those signings marked a low point. I'd never heard of Sorloth and I wish I'd never heard of Ayew. Too much money that we'll never ever recoup.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:43 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
The key for me isn’t how much we spend, but who we spend it on.

Freedman position simply became untenable the moment the Sorloth deal was concluded. He failed in the DPL ffs, that should have been a massive no stright away.

Our recruitment policy hasn’t been good enough, end of.

That isn’t Roy’s fault.
Are you saying Roy doesn't look at the players we sign and have the final say so?
Old 07-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
That’s not really a proper answer.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Banned by Moderators

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
"Doug" Freedman is in charge of transfers.
So Roy has no say ? If that is true then Freedman should go as well.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords Eagle View Post
Are you saying Roy doesn't look at the players we sign and have the final say so?

We signed Sakho for £30 million at a time when we had no manager in place.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
He can’t be on 70k per week surely.
More like 30-40k
Old 07-12-2018, 12:45 PM

Russboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The theme that runs through so many transfer windows is a failure to prepare. When van Dijk went to Liverpool from Saints it was annouced a couple of days before the window opened, so there is nothing to prevent clubs talking beforehand. Parish claims* clubs our size have to wait for the market to move ('bargain hunt' at the end of the window) but other modest clubs seem to quietly get transfers done. Sorloth is a great example of this failure - we desperately needed a striker but my sense is with Sako making a great impact we put that on hold until he was injured v West Ham. So we paid 9M for Sorloth who had recently gone for 400k as we were right against the deadline. The result of this is we then go to the next window and claim to have no money, which may be true but is entirely the fault of vanity signings (Sakho and Benteke) and the overpaying for the likes of Sorloth and Schlupp (amongst others). Getting a Les Read type in and putting a proper infrastructure into the club would be a far better use of our resources. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail and that seems to be the order of the day at present.

* the claim by Parish the Americans insisted on signing Benteke seems rather far fetched. Possibly trying to deflect his failings in recruitment to blame an easy scapegoat.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:51 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
We signed Sakho for £30 million at a time when we had no manager in place.
We should sell Sakho and sign a couple of players at least for the money .... I get the feeling he doesn't particularly love it here.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:09 PM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Jeffrey Schlupp is paid £70k per week. Says it all really.
EFA