Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Squad Depth

Just been listening to RH comments after last nights defeat . Question was did he think of making changes at half time ? RH said if he thought that there were players on bench that could turn the game round he would have . Went on to say that the substitutions didn't really make any difference . Also said that everybody knows we have not got the type of players who can come on and change a game .
Personally I would have brought on Sorloth and Ayew . Brighton were obviously going to sit back in 2nd half and maybe 2 forwards in box may have given us a chance .
However what does that really mean for Sorloth and Ayew . Also Riedawald , Williams , KaiKai and Puncheon - is it a message to all of them ?
A few weeks ago , I did hear Roy say that we had quality strikers on the bench in Sorloth and Ayew ? - not sure he believes that . One thing for sure is that it looks like we need quite a change round in Personnel at end of season .
Old 05-12-2018, 09:02 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I am sure the subs felt great hearing that.

For me those comments are close to the tipping point for me.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 05-12-2018, 09:34 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Thing is, Ayew's never played in a deeper role, how could he know whether he'd change a game or not?

That's not the sort of thing you'd expect (Or want) him to say, even if it's a message to the board.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Well he clearly doesn't rate Jairo or Sorloth. No doubt about that and I think he is pretty pissed off about them giving him AS as the striker we so obviously needed.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
For me those comments are close to the tipping point for me.
Why? Roy's not responsible for the near decade long shambles in recruitment.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:42 PM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Just been listening to RH comments after last nights defeat . Question was did he think of making changes at half time ? RH said if he thought that there were players on bench that could turn the game round he would have . Went on to say that the substitutions didn't really make any difference . Also said that everybody knows we have not got the type of players who can come on and change a game .
Personally I would have brought on Sorloth and Ayew . Brighton were obviously going to sit back in 2nd half and maybe 2 forwards in box may have given us a chance .
However what does that really mean for Sorloth and Ayew . Also Riedawald , Williams , KaiKai and Puncheon - is it a message to all of them ?
A few weeks ago , I did hear Roy say that we had quality strikers on the bench in Sorloth and Ayew ? - not sure he believes that . One thing for sure is that it looks like we need quite a change round in Personnel at end of season .
He did bring on Sorloth. Ayew has proven that he is not good enough to play at this level (as has Sorloth). We do not have any player on the bench that could/ can make an impact. Sad but true
Old 05-12-2018, 09:51 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Why? Roy's not responsible for the near decade long shambles in recruitment.
For starters he needs to be motivating the squad not announcing that they are not up to it.

He is the manager and it was clear at HT that we were playing total shit (as if the scoreline did not make that clear) and is he really saying that he could not see a point of changing things? No point changing tactics? No point in changing personnel? Bloody hell that is worrying don't you think?

Old 05-12-2018, 09:52 PM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
For starters he needs to be motivating the squad not announcing that they are not up to it.

He is the manager and it was clear at HT that we were playing total shit (as if the scoreline did not make that clear) and is he really saying that he could not see a point of changing things? No point changing tactics? No point in changing personnel? Bloody hell that is worrying don't you think?
The point is that there is no-one on the bench that could/ can improve the starting XI. Can you name one player that could have changed the game? I can't...
Old 05-12-2018, 09:56 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Ayew and Sorloth should have come on at half time. They wouldn't have done any worse. And why it give them a decent amount of time to make a difference? It's not as if any other player was performing at an acceptable level.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:

Just think we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Some of those subs could be carrying bad attitudes and need a dig in public.

He might be communicating frustration to the board (and told the players not to take it to heart - I've done that albeit at a massively less grandiose level).

Made the point in another thread the standard response is to not change it at HT and give the existing 11 the opening period to improve, after a right royal rocket.

Respect your opinion but not enough in there to just sacking IMO. My worry as always is with the planning at the club, and it continually affecting the football side negatively. It doesn't matter which poor sap is wearing the overcoat this week when it is a shambles off the pitch. Anyone on a good run will piss off on the first sniff of a better move and anyone stupid enough to stay will wait it out for the severance cheque.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Ayew and Sorloth should have come on at half time. They wouldn't have done any worse. And why it give them a decent amount of time to make a difference? It's not as if any other player was performing at an acceptable level.
So should Kelly (or Ward). Tomkins had clearly OD'd on the magic mushrooms.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
In defence, the squad looks pretty strong, but in midfield and attack - with the injuries - it is very weak.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Remind me how many goals Ayew and Sorloth have between them?
Old 05-12-2018, 10:02 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Remind me how many goals Ayew and Sorloth have between them?
How many has anyone else got? And they've never had a fair chance, especially Sorloth.

My point is - we were 3-0 down against 10 men and we were playing dreadfully. What exactly did we have to lose by changing it? Nothing.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
The point is that there is no-one on the bench that could/ can improve the starting XI. Can you name one player that could have changed the game? I can't...
No the point is that we have a manager with a squad of players at his disposal of which we have 11 on the pitch and 7 on the bench. We are playing like dog turd so something needs to change no? So our manager says what was the point in making substitutions at HT. Well maybe tactics no? Maybe to take off some players who quite clearly were off there game no? What changed on 60 mins that saw him decide he needed to make a tactical substitution? The fact we were carrying on being shit? If so then why not make the change at HT?

Very worrying comments from RH and not good for some in the squad to hear. We need all our players motivated, particularly now as we try and avoid a relegation scrap come the end of the season.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
How many has anyone else got? And they've never had a fair chance, especially Sorloth.

My point is - we were 3-0 down against 10 men and we were playing dreadfully. What exactly did we have to lose by changing it? Nothing.
Ayew has played in several games and he has not even had a shot on or off target. He is not the answer
Old 05-12-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Just think we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Some of those subs could be carrying bad attitudes and need a dig in public.

He might be communicating frustration to the board (and told the players not to take it to heart - I've done that albeit at a massively less grandiose level).

Made the point in another thread the standard response is to not change it at HT and give the existing 11 the opening period to improve, after a right royal rocket.

Respect your opinion but not enough in there to just sacking IMO. My worry as always is with the planning at the club, and it continually affecting the football side negatively. It doesn't matter which poor sap is wearing the overcoat this week when it is a shambles off the pitch. Anyone on a good run will piss off on the first sniff of a better move and anyone stupid enough to stay will wait it out for the severance cheque.
I am in a personal conflict on this, as I hate changing managers at the slightest excuse or poor run, however I bucked that trend over FDB (I wanted him out after the first game) and RH saying that he could not see any point in changing things at HT after that abject display and the team 3 down against 10 men is alarming to me and raises serious questions to me re RH.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Ayew has played in several games and he has not even had a shot on or off target. He is not the answer
I do agree with that. But he is another one being played out of position. He's a winger not a striker.

I just think no one could have done any worse something to lose. And the game time would have benefited them.

Hodgson clearly only rates 13/14 players in the squad.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I do agree with that. But he is another one being played out of position. He's a winger not a striker.

I just think no one could have done any worse something to lose. And the game time would have benefited them.

Hodgson clearly only rates 13/14 players in the squad.
That's because there are only 13 players capable of playing at this level.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:36 PM
F/T watcher P/T poster!

stanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestanmar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hodgson destroys players confidence and wears his first 11 into the ground. He did it last season and again this.

The team is tactically inept. Almost everything is off the cuff relying on the individual talents of the players.

Corners and freekicks are just lumped in every time in hope our players beat theirs each time ..... or its hurled way beyong the far post where Tomkins tries (and usually fails) to do something with it.

We complain about having no strikers but insist on playing 2 up front. The wide attackers can work against top teams as can counter-attack but against teams that press us, its a pointless approach.

So many things wrong with the way this team is set up and personnel being deployed.

You can complain about recruitment but compare the team with the rest of the division and subjective but I'd say they're estimated 9-12th strongest.