Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
He scored seven times (36 apps) in the league last season. So pretty much one in six
2 of those were against us as well....
Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache View Post
The other two they are still trying to locate the ball before giving it a definite yay or nay.
It's funny because it is true...
Old 06-12-2018, 01:30 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
the strangest thing I've heard Steve Parish say to defend the current setup, is that last year we made signings to give us enough players to have training games with. So Rakip and Jach were only there to make up the numbers. I mean come on!!! How stupid do you think we are? You have an U23 squad for just that reason.

I thought that comment demonstrated how much Steve will not accept responsibility or change his approach to this, he will re contextualise things to defend the current structure, despite it's obvious failings.

It's not just bad, it's so so bad right now.

The striker situation is terrible. I can't believe Roy is biting his tongue. Any other manager has strikers to use. Roy has someone who is potentially a developmental prospect for a Championship team.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:36 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
- Use youth more. Soares showed that they can offer more than seasoned pros due to their hunger, even if they are not amazing ability wise

- We have spent LOADS on players and wages. So fans criticising the club should look at the YouTube video on the accounts etc. Roy did not have a lot to spend in the summer because of this and no owner should have to spend their own money, not that they can under FFP.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexc26 View Post
He's had 7 shots, 1 on target and 4 off target.
What happened to the other 2?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:48 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
the strangest thing I've heard Steve Parish say to defend the current setup, is that last year we made signings to give us enough players to have training games with. So Rakip and Jach were only there to make up the numbers. I mean come on!!! How stupid do you think we are? You have an U23 squad for just that reason.

I thought that comment demonstrated how much Steve will not accept responsibility or change his approach to this, he will re contextualise things to defend the current structure, despite it's obvious failings.

The striker situation is terrible. I can't believe Roy is biting his tongue. Any other manager has strikers to use. Roy has someone who is potentially a developmental prospect for a Championship team.
Really? On that basis I assume Sorloth was purchased as 10 million pound training cone. Does a cracking job too.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
- We have spent LOADS on players and wages. So fans criticising the club should look at the YouTube video on the accounts etc. Roy did not have a lot to spend in the summer because of this and no owner should have to spend their own money, not that they can under FFP.
We have, but we've put all our eggs in two baskets - Sakho and Benteke. You could say three and add Wilf if you like. This has left us with little money to spend, not much flex in wages and consequently a very unbalanced squad, particularly when one of those baskets has lost his scoring touch and then been injured for a long period.

Some might call it bad planning, some a gamble that has backfired. Personally, whilst I like the players involved I can't help thinking spreading that money across 5 or 6 good players instead of 2 or 3 high quality might have been a better idea. It's easy to say that with hindsight of course, but then again Parish has the full financial details and forecasts so would have been aware of the impact these signings have made in terms of budgets.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post

I don’t think the point re needing quality players to have effective training is bull*hit because I have heard that before at other clubs and it makes sense that if you only compete with players that can’t hold a place at League two clubs and then face Premier clubs you won’t be ready. What appears to have been bulls*** was is that those players that were brought in on the basis that they were of a higher standard than our U23s. Jach was supposed to be one for the future too and maybe that will materialise I don’t know. Won’t be holding my breath. The squad depth wasn’t strengthened by their arrival was it.

Roy obviously has his own standards but BFS and TP would have been mouthing off every week re the lack of support they have got from the board on players. Not saying which is right, more that it is different.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:17 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Facts are the club is still dealing with the crippling financial burden one Mr A Pardew imposed upon it (with Parish's blessing).

The club is thankfully no longer paying the monster wages of Sako, Cabaye or Mandanda but the likes of Souare, Mutch, Wickham, Benteke, Townsend & Tomkins remain. The latter two are the only ones who are positively contributing towards the team on the pitch but all are still on the payroll which limits funds to bolster rest of the squad.

The other significant stat is that other than Bolasie & Gayle, what significant fees have come in by selling players? Token amounts for Jedi & Mandanda but Sako went on a free, as did Cabaye, Hangeland, Mariappa, Ledley & Chamakh.

It is becoming increasingly likely the only way we will only be able to get rid of the deadwood is to wait until their contracts expire. If the likes of Puncheon, Joniesta, Kelly, Mutch & Souare do leave on a free, how much would the club need to spend just to replace those?

If the club needs extra funds in an attempt to recruit properly this time, we will need to sell first. Who is sellable? Everton want AWB, Sakho is back in the french national side so we could recoup funds there, PVA has admirers as does Luka, Newcastle will be linked with Townsend & then the big asset is Wilf.

I have zero confidence that if those talents depart, we will recruit a decent standard of replacements for the first XI nor to boost squad. A first XI that includes Mcarthur, Sørloth, Schlupp & Ward is one that starts next season in the championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 06-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
- Use youth more. Soares showed that they can offer more than seasoned pros due to their hunger, even if they are not amazing ability wise
Tom Soares?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
And Bolasie. I'd snap your arm off to have him now, but most deemed him not good enough for us.
Yep, even though he's struggled a bit to get into the Villa team he would be great from the bench for us. We miss his unpredictability.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think we need a bit of a clear out. We have squad players that the manager has no confidence in.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:40 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
In defence, the squad looks pretty strong, but in midfield and attack - with the injuries - it is very weak.
You should be on stage.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Looking once again at the Brighton game I do feel that whatever Roy thinks about our substitutes earlier changes could have been made in that game. We needed three goals and Roy persisted with the same side that was set-up to compete with Brighton before they went down to ten men. We were hopeless at breaking their defence down in any way although it had pretty much turned into an attack vs defence training exercise. There was no point in maintaining a defensive shape in the same way as that which we started and we should have moved toward anything that looked more offense minded. Sorloth should thus have been on earlier for Kouyate and Ayew for Jimmy. Maybe someth8ng like:
Hennessy
AWB - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA
Andros - Luka - Meyer - Wilf
Sorloth - Ayew
Old 06-12-2018, 02:59 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Looking once again at the Brighton game I do feel that whatever Roy thinks about our substitutes earlier changes could have been made in that game. We needed three goals and Roy persisted with the same side that was set-up to compete with Brighton before they went down to ten men. We were hopeless at breaking their defence down in any way although it had pretty much turned into an attack vs defence training exercise. There was no point in maintaining a defensive shape in the same way as that which we started and we should have moved toward anything that looked more offense minded. Sorloth should thus have been on earlier for Kouyate and Ayew for Jimmy. Maybe someth8ng like:
Hennessy
AWB - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA
Andros - Luka - Meyer - Wilf
Sorloth - Ayew
You could do a double act with Steve.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:06 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
He scored seven times (36 apps) in the league last season. So pretty much one in six
A mixture of out wide and attacking midfield though. A few games as centre forward. His brother was the main striker I think.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Let’s say we get rid of:
Punch
Williams
Wickham
Mutch
Ayew
Pape

Maybe
Dann
Schlupp
Jairo
Kaikai

That’s enough for maybe 5 first team squad players
Would you then sell one of Benteke or Sakho to free up two more spots?
Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Let’s say we get rid of:
Punch
Williams
Wickham
Mutch
Ayew
Pape

Maybe
Dann
Schlupp
Jairo
Kaikai

That’s enough for maybe 5 first team squad players
Would you then sell one of Benteke or Sakho to free up two more spots?
I doubt we could, tbh.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I doubt we could, tbh.
Maybe they need to bring in someone who knows the numbers.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:52 PM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is here
I don't know what is worse: the all out gamble on sakho and benteke for limited return or the millions spent on fees and wages on Sorloth, Riedeweld, Schlupp, Mutch, Ayew, Adebayor, Remy for literally no return at all.
I am thinking the latter