Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 18-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Abraham is dangerous!

Taylor's legs have gone..

when is Kessler vs Ward?

glad the cobra one, didn't see it, meant to have been a snoozefest
was Dirrell that negative?

heartily agree with Scro, we only have 2 world champs in Froch & Khan, disgrace that uk fans are treated shabbily.

Tidy domestic clash next week, Moore vs Rhodes..
Old 18-10-2009, 11:01 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Thought Froch lost to be honest. He had no answer to Dirells gameplan as much as direll was boring to watch and elusive he was way too quick for froch and on the few occasions he did attack he picked him off and Froch could barely counter.

The only thing you could argue is whether Direll really did enough to "win" the title from the current champion.

However despite the fact that I had Direll ahead. I have very little sympathy for him to be honest. He clearly knew Froch had the power to get him out of there. So he fought like it was the olympics not a pro title fight.

Can't say I really rate Froch that highly to be honest. He may have a big punch and a good chin but his defence is rubbish, he never throws meaningful combinations and unless the guy really slugs it out with him or tires he will struggle.

Taylor really is an odd one. Simply doesn't have the stamina required. Decent boxing skills but not capable of lasting much past the 8th. For the sake of the tournament i hope he carried on though.

I watched the fight on a free internet stream. Apparantly they messed up though and it aired on sky 480 even if you hadn't paid. I suspect that may be due to a problem with registration and they couldn't afford to go encrypted or lots of paying customers would have lost the feed.
Old 18-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dirrell did nothing. You can't win the title by getting on your bicycle all evening. Froch was the aggressor and chased the fight all the way through. Shame it was a bit of a snoozefest, but that is Dirrell's thought, not Froch's.

And Dirrell is such a whinger, it's bizarre.

Good night out though, atmosphere was amazing.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 18-10-2009, 05:28 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottsunieagle
Dirrell did nothing. You can't win the title by getting on your bicycle all evening. Froch was the aggressor and chased the fight all the way through. Shame it was a bit of a snoozefest, but that is Dirrell's thought, not Froch's.

And Dirrell is such a whinger, it's bizarre.

Good night out though, atmosphere was amazing.

Very difficult to judge to be honest. Yes Froch was the aggressor but he punched air the whole time. Ok Direll was elusive but Froch simply lacked the skill to stop him from doing that. I would say Direll landed more despite implementing an extremely evasive game plan. Will be interesting to see how if the others in the tournament find it easier to get to grips with direll.

having froch up by three rounds to me seems very generous.

I personally had him losing by 2 rounds. However I have no idea how you officially judge a fighters intent. On landed shots I think direll was ahead.
Old 18-10-2009, 05:50 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would agree with you scro - Froch (away?) against Kessler is a cause for concern, but aginst Abraham he could get hurt. I can't see Froch winning a boxing contest or a brawl against that guy

Hope to proved wrong though!

Looking forward to the Haye fight, hope he can hit and run against Valuev.
Old 19-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Nottsunieagle - How much did you pay for your seats and how was the view etc.

The reason I ask. I have only been to live boxing on a few occasions and every time I have been to a big arena. The o2 for haye v macarenelli and the thomas and mac for Calzaghe V Hopkins I have paid a significant amount for seats on both occasions. In fact the Calzaghe fight was an utter joke something like £150 a ticket in the second worst section. Each time our seats haven't really offered that great a view really.

We got lucky in vegas as it wasn't sold out and we ended up sneaking into empty £300 seats. However I am pretty much coming to the conclusion that big boxing events are better enjoyed on the TV. So am interested in your experience... other than the atmosphere.
Old 19-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro
Nottsunieagle - How much did you pay for your seats and how was the view etc.

The reason I ask. I have only been to live boxing on a few occasions and every time I have been to a big arena. The o2 for haye v macarenelli and the thomas and mac for Calzaghe V Hopkins I have paid a significant amount for seats on both occasions. In fact the Calzaghe fight was an utter joke something like £150 a ticket in the second worst section. Each time our seats haven't really offered that great a view really.

We got lucky in vegas as it wasn't sold out and we ended up sneaking into empty £300 seats. However I am pretty much coming to the conclusion that big boxing events are better enjoyed on the TV. So am interested in your experience... other than the atmosphere.
We sat in the nosebleed seats for £33 quid, but the view actually wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. The ring was fairly central so quite good.

I obviously prefer to be as close as possible but it was interesting that in a venue that size a good view can be had.

There is something about watching Froch in Nottingham though, the atmosphere was electric.

Old 20-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
We sat in the nosebleed seats for £33 quid, but the view actually wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. The ring was fairly central so quite good.

I obviously prefer to be as close as possible but it was interesting that in a venue that size a good view can be had.

There is something about watching Froch in Nottingham though, the atmosphere was electric.
The other thing I find frustrating is why they don't publish the time of the fights clearly. I know some finish quickly but if you schedule the max then people can turn up to an event and really enjoy it knowing what they will see at what time. Deciding to drink when they want etc.

I was left rushing around like a mad thing in vegas as calzaghe came on extremely early!!
Old 20-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro
The other thing I find frustrating is why they don't publish the time of the fights clearly. I know some finish quickly but if you schedule the max then people can turn up to an event and really enjoy it knowing what they will see at what time. Deciding to drink when they want etc.

I was left rushing around like a mad thing in vegas as calzaghe came on extremely early!!
Opposite for us, we were hanging around for ages waiting for Froch!

Old 20-10-2009, 12:34 PM

I think that was due to american TV playing silly buggers. The TV situation seemed like a right balls up all round.

I would just like to get a list of fights and times. Then i can decide what to watch and when I can get food and beer etc. When we went to see haye they had the list and it didn't even go in the order they were listed.
Old 21-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Russian Valuev slams 'idiot' Haye

WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev has dismissed opponent David Haye as just "another idiot" after the British boxer's latest publicity stunt.

Haye has been involved in a number of incidents poking fun at Valuev and the Klitschko brothers, once wearing a T-shirt with a photo of them decapitated.

"I cannot take him seriously," said Valuev, who fights Haye on 7 November.

"When I heard about the T-shirts of the Klitschkos (Vitali and Wladimir), I thought 'Oh my God, another idiot'."

Haye was last week involved in a farcical press conference which saw him 'fight' a man dressed as a goblin, meant to be Valuev, before punching the head off a cardboard model of the Russian.

The 29-year-old Briton, who fights Valuev in Nuremberg, also called the 7ft giant a "circus show freak" while later mocking his personal hygiene.

"He can say whatever he likes - it will not get him my title," added 36-year-old Valuev.

And Valuev's promoter Kalle Sauerland admitted to being mildly amused by Haye's antics.

"Haye's behaviour is very strange and not normal at all," he said. "I think one German phrase sums it up well: '1,000 volts, but no light'."

Valuev, who has lost just once in 52 fights and has 34 knockouts, is nine inches taller and approximately 90lb heavier than his opponent.

Haye has lost once in 23 fights and is aiming to become Britain's first heavyweight world champion since Lennox Lewis retired in 2003.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Embassy No.1; 21-10-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 21-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Not a fan of Haye's trash talk tbh

Reminds me of an old Ric Flair saying "Don't sing it, bring it!"

As an aside another Prizefighter December 4th, featuring Light-Welterweights, cracking little card..
Old 21-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Sure is - i fancy Rees as well - fast hands, decent stamina - should do ok.

Haye's trying to rile Valuev, but i'm not sure it'd work, and he's hardly endearing himself to the masses.

Old 21-10-2009, 09:43 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haye has a habit of coming across as a bellend. Wish he'd do himself a favour and shut the **** up then he might get the crowd behind him.

Whats the rest of the line-up for the prizefighter event?
Old 21-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Keeping The Faith

Old 21-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Sure is - i fancy Rees as well - fast hands, decent stamina - should do ok.

Haye's trying to rile Valuev, but i'm not sure it'd work, and he's hardly endearing himself to the masses.
Either David Barnes or Colin Lynes win that for me. Rees is too easy to hit during the three round format.

Not sure Young Mutley will still be in it after being knocked out last weekend.
Old 21-10-2009, 10:14 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76
Cheers. Looks like a good show. Should be better than the heavyweights.
Old 21-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Keeping The Faith

probably the most competitive division domestically, will be a cracker..
Old 21-10-2009, 02:04 PM

I met Gavin Rees in the hawaian tropic bar in vegas. Actually came across as a pretty nice chap. I think he was fairly toasted although it was hard to tell as i was wasted myself.

I think Haye probably creates interest. That doesn't mean he doesn't look a bit of a bellend doing it though. For me there are still question marks over whether haye is as good as he thinks he is. He is clearly quick and and he can punch. He is also very low on fights and the last two were fairly easy to dismiss as meaningless.

I am looking forward to seeing what he can do on november 7th. What time is the fight scheduled for?
Old 22-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rees has the best pedigree but I cant see him winning, he is way too small for a LWW, should be fighting nearer SFW.