Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Thedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by nottsunieagle

3)Calzaghe v Jermain Taylor - there's noone left at middleweight for him now (he won't fight Winky again) so he steps up to beat the man at supermid (BTW, I honestly think Calzaghe would whomp both him and Kessler, but I wouldn't want to anger our resident Dane again!)

Of those, probably just 2 and 4 will come off!
And to put it very frankly, I think Kessler would wipe the floor with Calzaghe. No anger here, just a contrasting opinion
Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Thedane
And to put it very frankly, I think Kessler would wipe the floor with Calzaghe. No anger here, just a contrasting opinion

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Northener
A boxing thread, great, im obsessed with it, hope you dont mind me joining in guys!
More the merrier fella

Old 12-01-2007, 04:49 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
With Ricky Hatton fight Saturaday week against Juan Urango what do you think the outcome will be. And what did you think of his previous outing with Collazo.
Personally its a ko in the ninth and a big improvement on his fight with Collazo. Urango is a bit of a tough fighter fights inside which will suit Ricky fine.
His fight with Collazo is quite strange cos he started well but the pace of a higher weight seemed to take its tole, and because of his awkward style it really got to Ricky. The decision was close but fair i think, and Collazo is now a bit of a feared man has a fight with Mosley for his efforts which he deserves.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Reading the releases I've seen Hatton only had 7 weeks for the Collazo fight as he was due to face Lazcano, who pulled out injured. Having to shred down so much only to try and bulk up took it's toll, which is probably why he tired so much.

It won't go the distance. Hatton wins by KO in the last half of the fight. Urango is tricky, but he's a come forward fighter and that'll play into his hands.

I'm just hoping Witter doesn't bore me first. But it's a friend's engagement party that day so I may miss it anyway!

Old 12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
With Ricky Hatton fight Saturaday week against Juan Urango what do you think the outcome will be. And what did you think of his previous outing with Collazo.
Personally its a ko in the ninth and a big improvement on his fight with Collazo. Urango is a bit of a tough fighter fights inside which will suit Ricky fine.
His fight with Collazo is quite strange cos he started well but the pace of a higher weight seemed to take its tole, and because of his awkward style it really got to Ricky. The decision was close but fair i think, and Collazo is now a bit of a feared man has a fight with Mosley for his efforts which he deserves.
Urango wont get stopped, he's tough, Hatton to win on points by 4 or 5 rounds!

I also think Kessler has a good chance to beat Calzaghe, good power and a great Jab
Old 14-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
Boxing is a surprising sport that's why I love it so much. I shouldn't think I am the first person whose prediction of a fight was incorrect.

However, anyone who calls Calzaghe 'useless' is a first class idiot.
1st class! Thanks!
Old 15-01-2007, 09:03 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hatton on points. I think this will be a quality brawl style fight but its going to be very tough for Hatton. Im not sure he'll be able to knock Urango out however i do think his class will shine through. Just need to find somewhere showing the fight now.
Old 15-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Graham Earl's February 17 fight is expected to be against unbeaten Christian Friars - unbeaten, since he's fought most of his fights in the Netherland Antilles...

Anyone know much about Earl? His record looks pretty good and it seems he's on the cusp of things?

Mayweather is going to the Hatton fight, to check up on him apparently. Yeah, check up on him so he can chicken out of taking him on...

Old 15-01-2007, 11:31 AM

levster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaronilevster is the cheese to my macaroni
Sky are showing the Hatton fight on ppv....Plus a Uk supporting bill
Old 15-01-2007, 01:21 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's had the WBU Lightweight title for a bit and is looking to go a bit further. He should really try to go for the european belt cos he's got the goods he had a great fight against Romanov.
Actually he was suppose to be moving up a weight and fighting M'Baye for the WBA LightWelter but it never went ahead. Think M'Baye would of KO'd him but he's ok still learning to be fair.
Oh and shows how good the WBU belts are, the guy he's fighting has had 22 fights. 20 wins 2 draws.
19 of those fighters have never won a fight.
The other three was a guy W20L13, a guy W3L9D3 and the other has lost 87 fights!

Last edited by danibutcher; 15-01-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 16-01-2007, 11:46 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by levster
Sky are showing the Hatton fight on ppv....Plus a Uk supporting bill
Does anyone know the full bill thats on before / after the Hatton and Witter fights? Also does anyone know what time the Hatton and Witter fights are due to be on in the UK (i know the PPV advert states 10)
Old 16-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
Mayweather is going to the Hatton fight, to check up on him apparently. Yeah, check up on him so he can chicken out of taking him on...
Mayweather would beat Hatton on points in my view, and he definately wouldnt duck him. Mayweather has fought so many good fighters you cant say he ducks people. I'm not saying he'd stand toe to toe with Hatton but he would definately fight him.

I think Hatton would give him fits but he would edge it by about 2 points on the cards.
Old 16-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Does anyone know the full bill thats on before / after the Hatton and Witter fights? Also does anyone know what time the Hatton and Witter fights are due to be on in the UK (i know the PPV advert states 10)
Hatton will probably be no earlier than 2am. Not sure with Witter.

12 x 3 WBC Light Welterweight Championship
Junior Witter vs. Arturo Morua
(Bradford) (Mexico)

12 x 3 British Light Welterweight Championship
Lenny Daws vs. Barry Morrison
(Morden) (Motherwell)

10 x 3 British Light Welterweight Championship Eliminator
Alan Bosworth vs. Ashley Theophane
(Northampton) (Paddington)

8 x 3 Lightweight
John Murray vs. TBA
(Manchester) ()

8 x 3 Cruiserweight
Troy Ross vs. Hastings Rasani
(Toronto) (Birmingham)

6 x 3 Super Bantamweight
Esham Pickering vs. TBA
(Newark) ()

6 x 3 Middleweight
Matthew Thirlwall vs. TBA
(Bermondsey) ()

6 x 3 Light Middleweight
George Hillyard vs. Tony Rendall
(Canning Town) (Birmingham)

Expect only Daws and Witter to be on. With Hatton, I'd expect just the Castillo fight to be on. Though I probably am wrong.

Old 16-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Mayweather would beat Hatton on points in my view, and he definately wouldnt duck him. Mayweather has fought so many good fighters you cant say he ducks people. I'm not saying he'd stand toe to toe with Hatton but he would definately fight him.

I think Hatton would give him fits but he would edge it by about 2 points on the cards.
He fights great, but the only career defining fights he's had are the Castillo brawls IMO. The great fighters he's fought (Gatti, Mitchell, Judah, Baldomir) we're on the downslide when he fought them. When he was light-welter he did not fight arguably the best in the division - Hatton, Tzuyu, Cotto - instead taking on Corley, and a faded Gatti.

Similarly at welterweight he chose Judah (on his way out) and Baldomir, instead of Magorito. Now he's fighting De la Hoya, it could be argued he is now taking on the best. But DLH will be 34, fought once in 3 years.

I watched the Baldomir fight. He has all the skill in the world - lightning fast, great technique. But until he fights the very best he'll never be as highly regarded as someone like DLH or Pacquaio.

If he mauls DLH, i'll happily eat my words!

Old 16-01-2007, 05:28 PM
El carnicero

Thing is all those fighters Mayweather has defeated all look average when he's beat them. Before they where tipped as great fighters and the guys Mayweather should be fighting. Margarito isn't as good as they hype thats built around him and his previous fight proved that. Hatton has always said no to a Mayweather fight saying he's not ready. What it really was, he didn't want to lose his 0. The fighters he has took on have been a clas above most fighters today.
Old 17-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
Thing is all those fighters Mayweather has defeated all look average when he's beat them. Before they where tipped as great fighters and the guys Mayweather should be fighting. Margarito isn't as good as they hype thats built around him and his previous fight proved that. Hatton has always said no to a Mayweather fight saying he's not ready. What it really was, he didn't want to lose his 0. The fighters he has took on have been a clas above most fighters today.
You are spot on, looking at his record he demolished a prime Angel Manfredy (in 2 rounds!) who is a competent fighter, stopped Philip N'Dou who at the time everybody was hailing as a big punching threat and stopped a prime (all bit it weight drained but that isnt Mayweather's fault) Diego Corrales. So while i see your point on Judah and Gatti being on the slide you have to give him the edge over Hatton based on his record. Ill end all this by saying i dont even like Mayweather as a person as he's too cocky, but you have to recognize his talent, so im not being biased towards him.
Old 17-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
You are spot on, looking at his record he demolished a prime Angel Manfredy (in 2 rounds!) who is a competent fighter, stopped Philip N'Dou who at the time everybody was hailing as a big punching threat and stopped a prime (all bit it weight drained but that isnt Mayweather's fault) Diego Corrales. So while i see your point on Judah and Gatti being on the slide you have to give him the edge over Hatton based on his record. Ill end all this by saying i dont even like Mayweather as a person as he's too cocky, but you have to recognize his talent, so im not being biased towards him.
Fair enough, maybe it's just disappointment on my part for not seeing these two get it on!

Graham Earl's taking on Australian Michael Katsidis for the vacant WBO Lightweight title - Katsidis has a 21-0 record, with 19KOs, but he hasn't really fought the best opposition.

Old 17-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Fair enough, maybe it's just disappointment on my part for not seeing these two get it on!

Graham Earl's taking on Australian Michael Katsidis for the vacant WBO Lightweight title - Katsidis has a 21-0 record, with 19KOs, but he hasn't really fought the best opposition.
Never rated Earl got gift decisions against Bobby Vanzie. I don't think he will get past European level.
Old 17-01-2007, 03:47 PM
El carnicero

Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
Never rated Earl got gift decisions against Bobby Vanzie. I don't think he will get past European level.
He had a really good fight against Romanov, but ya right wont get past European if he's lucky. Will one day fight at that level but its 50/50 he ends up European champion.