Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Arthur won via stoppage
Mayweather won on points
Shannon Briggs new WBO Heavyweight Champ
Old 06-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Arthur pretty much destroyed Palomo, cracking right hook in the fifth.

Mayweather schooled Baldomir, but it was a fairly dull fight.

Shannon Briggs was behind on points against Liakhovich until round 12, when he knocked him down first, then 30 seconds later knocked him out of the ring! Official time of stoppage 2.59, Round 12.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 08-11-2006, 09:40 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers lads.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Harrison fight off, looks like he could be stripped of the title now
Nicky Cook will still be fighting on the card
Enzo Macarenelli has been added to the bill
I'm looking forward to the show on the 9th, espicially Skelton vs Harrison
Old 09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76
Harrison fight off, looks like he could be stripped of the title now
Nicky Cook will still be fighting on the card
Enzo Macarenelli has been added to the bill
I'm looking forward to the show on the 9th, espicially Skelton vs Harrison
I think Skelton Harrison is going to be a load of drizzly bollocks, frankly, although i'd like to see Kelton win just so Audley fecks off once and for all. Poor Nicky Cook. The title's gonna go to Marquez and he'll be left in limbo. Hopefully he'll get a title fight soon.

Seconds Out is rumouring that Calzaghe has been signed to fight Peter Manfredo, of the Contender 'I got beat by a journeyman Mexican two weight divisions lower' fame. If it's true - it's disappointing for me. I understand Calzaghe wants to raise his profile in the US, and this would certainly do that, but it's a nothing fight. Calzaghe would destroy Manfredo.

If he has to fight him, then let's hope it's a demolition, raises his profile, and then he takes Kessler for the unified crown.

Carl Froch is fighting on the 24th - I'm going to see it, should be a cracking fight. I'm a huge fan of the Cobra, and hopefully he'll win and emerge on the world scene.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Keeping The Faith

Froch comes across as very arrogant to me, he's yet to be really tested, Dodson fight should be good though.

Winner of Skelton vs Harrison linked to a shot at Shannon Briggs, a very average champion.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

They're all average - that's how weak the division is.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM

Thedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm astonished about how many of you write off Mikkel Kessler. Have you ever seen him fight? He is in devastating form. And yes, I've seen Calzaghe and honestly believe he would be overpowered and outfought by Kessler.

His manager doesn't seem to fancy his chances either. Despite several attempts and offers from Kessler's manager for fights in either UK or Denmark, the last being a two million pound offer, they have all been turned down.

Why?

If Calzaghe is thinking of big money fights in USA he would certainly be an even more attractive asset, if he had all the world titles. On the other hand I believe he is thinking that it's better to go to the US with two titles than none..........
Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Thedane
I'm astonished about how many of you write off Mikkel Kessler. Have you ever seen him fight? He is in devastating form. And yes, I've seen Calzaghe and honestly believe he would be overpowered and outfought by Kessler.

His manager doesn't seem to fancy his chances either. Despite several attempts and offers from Kessler's manager for fights in either UK or Denmark, the last being a two million pound offer, they have all been turned down.

Why?

If Calzaghe is thinking of big money fights in USA he would certainly be an even more attractive asset, if he had all the world titles. On the other hand I believe he is thinking that it's better to go to the US with two titles than none..........
Kessler, two titles or not, is not a name in America. Manfredo is. By pulverising Manfredo he is in a position to try to unify the titles for even more money. It is a business, after all.

I've not seen £2million figure anywhere, so not sure at all where you're getting that from.

Kessler looks very good - I saw highlights of his demolition of Beyer. But Lacy looked awesome before as well and Calzaghe schooled him.

I haven't seen anyone rubbish Kessler. Instead many of us are hoping Calzaghe does the business as a boxer from the UK, much as you are quick to big up Kessler.

Now apart from an old Beyer who wanted to retire and Mundine, Kessler hasn't fought anyone worthy. The fight would be great, not sure anyone could call it, but I suspect it won't happen for a while anyway.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Thedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"Would be nice to see Calzaghe take the belts off Kessler"
"I hope he sees sense, disposes of Kessler...."
"Like to see him fight Kessler next, then move up to light-heavy"

It's just that quotes like these make me think, you don't really take Kessler seriously, like it would be a walk in the park for Calzaghe. All I say is, well it won't be.......

Calzaghe is a great boxer, but so is Kessler. If you have only seen highlights of his fight vs Beyer, you should have seen the whole fight. Kessler's left hand just keeps pumping through the blocks of Beyer during all three rounds. Beyer tries to stop them, but Kessler is just hitting much too hard for him to be able to. That paves the way for the KO. And Beyer is built like a tank.

The 2 million pounds offer is widely publicised as a fact in the Danish press. I guess that Frank Warren do not have any need to go public about it in GB.

Only a fight between the two can prove who is the best. But I'm afraid it will never take place.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Thedane
"Would be nice to see Calzaghe take the belts off Kessler"
"I hope he sees sense, disposes of Kessler...."
"Like to see him fight Kessler next, then move up to light-heavy"

It's just that quotes like these make me think, you don't really take Kessler seriously, like it would be a walk in the park for Calzaghe. All I say is, well it won't be.......

Calzaghe is a great boxer, but so is Kessler. If you have only seen highlights of his fight vs Beyer, you should have seen the whole fight. Kessler's left hand just keeps pumping through the blocks of Beyer during all three rounds. Beyer tries to stop them, but Kessler is just hitting much too hard for him to be able to. That paves the way for the KO. And Beyer is built like a tank.

The 2 million pounds offer is widely publicised as a fact in the Danish press. I guess that Frank Warren do not have any need to go public about it in GB.

Only a fight between the two can prove who is the best. But I'm afraid it will never take place.
The first quote is a hope that a boxer from the UK unifies the titles.
The second quote is a hope that the fight takes place, and a hope that Calzaghe can leave a legacy.
Ditto the third quote.

As for your last line, I agree. And it's a shame, because it would be a massive fight. But it would get even more prestige once Calzaghe destroys Manfredo, and they both fight in the US.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:04 PM

I'm sorry to have to tell you, but I think I'm just as stubborn as you.
What I said in my two previous posts was, that people on the thread seem to write Kessler off and that they don't take him seriously.

You haven't convinced me otherwise.

So you would not have felt the slightest need to react, if you had read Danes saying, that now Kessler just needs to "dispose of" Calzaghe? It must be obvious to anyone but you, that the people quoted don't see Kessler as any obstacle at all for Calzaghe.

There are many ways to put things in support of your favourites, without belittleling the opposition. After seeing a 27 year old Kessler obliterate the WBC champ, thus becoming World Champion of the two largest Boxing Organizations, I must admit that I expected to see some more respectful comments about him than I did....

But if we have to agree to disagree on this, let's join in a common hope of seeing a fight between the two - soon!

Last edited by Thedane; 10-11-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 17-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Go on David! bring out the Hayemakers!
Old 20-11-2006, 01:39 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great fight on Friday night, David Haye showed that he has got heart and stamina, which after the fight against Thompson many questioned. He is rapidly turning into my favourite fighter around having followed him since the amateurs. O'Neal Bell then upto Heavyweight me thinks...
Old 20-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haye was great on Friday night, but he was getting caught a bit too much for my liking. Good finish though. Not sure about stepping up to heavyweight, as I want to see how he fares against O'Neill Bell first.
Old 20-11-2006, 02:50 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
David Haye is cracking entertainment value and a very likeable chap. I hope he goes on to greater success.

Calzaghe would murder Manfredo Jnr. That can't be for real?
Old 20-11-2006, 03:12 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He is another that struggles to make the weight frequently. I don't think he sees his future at Cruiser - and with the lack of a class in what is the worst Heavyweight Division I have ever seen then who knows...
Old 20-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
David Haye is cracking entertainment value and a very likeable chap. I hope he goes on to greater success.

Calzaghe would murder Manfredo Jnr. That can't be for real?
I think it will be. Then a fight with Jermain Taylor in June. He's already said he's moving up to super-middleweight.

Old 21-11-2006, 11:05 AM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by BR5 Eagle
Great fight on Friday night, David Haye showed that he has got heart and stamina, which after the fight against Thompson many questioned. He is rapidly turning into my favourite fighter around having followed him since the amateurs. O'Neal Bell then upto Heavyweight me thinks...
He's definetly one the most looked at prospects to date for the UK. He's tiredness showed on Friday night tho. Don't forget he tested a 37 year old Fragomeni, best known as a poor mans, Jean Marc Mormeck.
A fight agaisnt O'Bell will put his name in the International scene, whether he wins or not. But from that a big 2007 for Haye!
Unfortunately there will be no fight with Enzo. Friend of mine was at a press confrence where he was being intervied and said he's not interested in Enzo. It's sad but it makes sense - why would he risk it all now against Enzo? For the fans?
He also said that he'll be looking to retire in a couple of years, so if that's the case he needs to make Heavyweight and get some big matches as soon as possible.
I think Haye will do well at HW, the pace will suit his work ethic I think his speed will give alot of the BIG boys fits and I rate him as a HW puncher, Hayes come on alot since the Carl Thompson fight, he learnt a BIG lesson when he fought Carl and he's fought alot more patiently ever since, he's grown alot as well.
The BIG question is how will he take a HW punch, time will tell, but I reckon he's got enough in his locker to go on a decent run. He might pick up a loss or 2 along the way, but this is boxing it happens.
Old 23-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Keeping The Faith

Calzaghe has signed to fight Manfredo in March, he should make light work of him you would think. The WBO belt will be on the line, but it looks likely that he'll be stripped of the IBF title.