Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 23-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm gonna do my utmost to go to it - My favourite boxer fighting a guy from a tv show!

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 24-11-2006, 01:53 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Absolutely ••••••• disgusting i hear after he's done with Manfredo he's going to be defending his WBO title against Dale Winton.
Whilst I can understand that this fight may be good to build his profile in the states, it's still a very poor fight, and is hard to forgive considering that in 13 years as a pro his two biggest fights have been against Eubank and Lacy, at opposite ends of his title reign. The fact he's trying to build his career for the US audience is a mistake fighting in Wales. He should've fought Manfredo in US. Well to be honest he should'nt be ••••••• fighting him at all. The guy is a joke sometimes, its the same thing every time, this a tune up fight for a massive fight. But we've been hearing that for years. He won the IBF title a much more prestigious belt than the WBO and lets it go for a crap fight.
Its a shame cos he's a good fighter but get up off ya arse Joe and start fighting the likes of Kessler and calling out Jermaine Taylor.

Last edited by danibutcher; 24-11-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 25-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
His career's not going to go on forever. Why the hell shouldn't he go for the fights that will make him the most money. When he beats Manfredo, he'll have more clout to call for a much bigger purse if he fights Kessler/Taylor.

Manfredo is no longer the muppet from the Contender. He's since beaten ranked fighters and is up to number 7 I think in the WBO list (Bika was ranked lower, but don't let the facts ruin that).

The IBF wanted him to face mandatory challenger Steiglitz - that's not going to be a great TV fight, nor will it give him enough money that a fight with Manfredo will.

It's a good move for him - I want to see him fight Kessler or Taylor too - but for him and his future this is probably the right move.

I went to the Carl Froch fight last night. Undercard was a bit ropey (Billy Corcoran needs some bloody defence if he's ever going to challenge for the British title). Dodson caught him early but didn't seem to trouble him, and that body shot by the Cobra that ruined Dodson was awesome. Amazing atmosphere there, really rabid support for our boy The Cobra (on another note - a fight between him and Calzaghe would be quality, but he's close to being WBC mandatory challenger so you could expect Froch-Kessler next year!)

Old 29-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Amir Khan's fighting some French bloke on the 9th - his record is 10-3 - sooner or later he'll be needing some bigger competition!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:22 PM

Johnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Danny Williams faces a surprise rematch against Audley Harrison after stepping in at one week's notice to replace injured Matt Skelton.

Skelton was forced to pull out of his Commonwealth heavyweight title defence on 9 December in London after fracturing his right hand in training.

But Williams has come in to face Harrison almost exactly one year on from their first fight.

The Brixton man won that bout at the same venue via split decision.

"Now I can really end the career of Audley Harrison once and for all," said Williams, who has not fought since a dismal Commonwealth title loss to Skelton in July.

"Harrison's got no excuses at all when I smash him up this time and I've only had one week's notice for the fight.

"I've been training hard since my loss to Skelton and kept out of the media spotlight to work on my overall fitness and technique.

"I don't know why, but I had a strange feeling that a big fight was coming up and that I should increase my training and out of the blue this opportunity came up."

Williams had been provisionally scheduled to face British champion Scott Gammer in Wales early next year.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Poor Matt Skelton - He's the best of the tree but it seems he's just not gonna get the chances.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:55 PM

E15Eagle is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
Poor Matt Skelton - He's the best of the tree but it seems he's just not gonna get the chances.
Yep, but it says something about our domestic heavyweights when he is the best of them

A tall well-built woman with good
reputation, who can cook frogs
legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
schia garden, classical music and tal-
king without getting to serious.

But please only read lines 1, 3, and 5.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I hope it's not going to be another snoozefest like last time.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Of course it is - but it'll be offset by Harrison v Cook - that will be a very promising fight!

Old 04-12-2006, 04:19 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd prefer to watch Audley Harrison vs Danny O'Donnel

Harrison vs Cook is gonna be a good domestic one, its very 50-50 who wins this one. With all the shit thats gone on with Scott he wont be full fitness or in a great mindset. But the fact he's still got the experience and skills is a big advantage. Cook on the other hand a real up and comer and i do hope he wins, i cant stand Harrison he's a right scumbag. Cook has got alot to learn from this fight and i really think this will set him up for a big career in the sport. The winner a blockbuster against Marquez! Since his Dazzo Wiliams fight he really has looked the business and his hard work has shown. If he does win im hoping a defence of the WBO and then a fight with Marquez.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
I'd prefer to watch Audley Harrison vs Danny O'Donnel

Harrison vs Cook is gonna be a good domestic one, its very 50-50 who wins this one. With all the shit thats gone on with Scott he wont be full fitness or in a great mindset. But the fact he's still got the experience and skills is a big advantage. Cook on the other hand a real up and comer and i do hope he wins, i cant stand Harrison he's a right scumbag. Cook has got alot to learn from this fight and i really think this will set him up for a big career in the sport. The winner a blockbuster against Marquez! Since his Dazzo Wiliams fight he really has looked the business and his hard work has shown. If he does win im hoping a defence of the WBO and then a fight with Marquez.
Agree totally with the second part of the post but i'd rather watch paint dry than watch any of the British heavyweights fight. Skelton is the best of a very very very poor bunch.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 AM

Johnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fear
WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison has withdrawn from his title defence on Saturday and vacated his title, his father Peter says.

The Scottish fighter, 29, was due to fight Dagenham's Nicky Cook at the Excel Arena in London.

Peter Harrison said his son was unable to make the weight and would now vacate his title "on medical advice".

"Scott was unable to get under 9st 7lb and - on medical advice - was advised not to take the fight," he added.

Harrison spent five weeks in a Spanish jail on assault charges and was released on 13 November amid doubts over whether the fight would go ahead.

But the British Boxing Board of Control ruled the fight could go ahead after Harrison underwent medical tests.

Peter Harrison said his son had trained three times a day over the weekend in a bid to get to the featherweight limit of nine stone.

But, after consulting with Dr Niall MacFarlane of Glasgow University, his father decided Harrison would not make the weight in time for the bout against Cook.

Peter Harrison added: "Promoter Frank Warren was notified on Sunday of Scott's difficulty in making the weight.

"Frank Warren came back to Scott's manager Barry Hughes on Tuesday with the offer to fight Cook at 9st 6lbs.

"The fight was really important to Scott but there was no way he was going to get down to 9st or 9st 6lbs."

Harrison's father added: "Frank Warren has been slow to tell the people that the fight is off.

"We've known it's been off since the beginning of the week. Scott needed this fight. It's been well-documented in the media that Scott has to pay his income tax and he was going to pay it off this fight.

"But when you're talking about somebody's life you have to make the right decision and I feel Team Harrison has made the right decision."

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 AM
El carnicero

What a twat all that big talk this week and he was never going to make the weight. Oh and thanks Mr. Warren for letting the ticket holders know in good amount of time. To be fair the fight should have been cancelled back when Harrison was in prison twiddling his thumbs. He was in no mental state to fight, now it turns out hes not in physical shape either but why leave it to the last minute? AGAIN! Big shame for Cook though fingers crossed he'll get his chance soon enough. According to reports, Marquez is now the full WBO champion, so that leaves Cook out in the cold. Also Harrison has been missing for 48hrs, so god knows what he's up to. Wonder how long it will be before ITV drop Warren, SN's shows on ITV has been an absolute shambles on the whole. Almost every main event seems to get cancelled or changed. I was looking forward to this but what was i expecting

Well some better news is that David Haye will have a warm-up fight for a non-title Heavyweight bout in March according to a mate of mine who has been chatting with Haye and his team. Then a fight with Mormeck for his WBC belt in the Summer. Apparently just something i heard on the Grapevine it should be Mark Krence.
At the WBC conference in croatia Jose Soliman said the fight between Mormeck and Bell must be scheduled for before March. The winner of Haye Fraggo (which was Haye) will be the WBC champions next fight after March (be it mormeck or bell) as their bout is a voluntery defence.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi on life!

James Codd is playing for a contract
damn i was looking forward to that, few beers at home and hopefully a good fight. Does anyone know what will be the feature fight, surely its too late to draught anyone else in or will they just swap Harrison and Williams from ITV4 to ITV3.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
El carnicero

Quote:
Originally posted by James Codd
damn i was looking forward to that, few beers at home and hopefully a good fight. Does anyone know what will be the feature fight, surely its too late to draught anyone else in or will they just swap Harrison and Williams from ITV4 to ITV3.
It may just all get moved to ITV1 It was going to be Fraudley Harrison/Fanny Williams on ITV4 but as Harrison/Cook is off they might aswell switch it all to ITV1.
I think Andy Morris/ John Simpson is the best fight on the bill anyway, foregone conclusion for Khan/Drilzane and despite a true 50/50 for Harrison/Williams winning i still cant see it being a good fight.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi on life!

James Codd is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
It may just all get moved to ITV1 It was going to be Fraudley Harrison/Fanny Williams on ITV4 but as Harrison/Cook is off they might aswell switch it all to ITV1.
I think Andy Morris/ John Simpson is the best fight on the bill anyway, foregone conclusion for Khan/Drilzane and despite a true 50/50 for Harrison/Williams winning i still cant see it being a good fight.
Thanks for the info, I dont have Sky at home so get to see very little boxing as it is, always seems to be fecked up on ITV!

I believe ITV bringing it back to a Saturday was inspired they just need another competitive belt a la Eubank/Benn to get things going, all the excitement of Amir Khan is great but its one punch and game over.

Out of interest dani do you go to fights?...What is the crowds reaction to these 1 punch wonder fights?

Last edited by James Codd; 07-12-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

I feel bad for Cook - he forfeited his WBC Number 1 ranking to take on Harrison - he's stuck well in the cold now.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

And just to let those interested know - tickets for Calzaghe v Manfredo go on sale tomorrow!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Britain's Amir Khan will contest his first professional title on Saturday in a last-minute change to his bout with Frenchman Rachid Drilzane in London.

Khan, who turns 20 on Friday, had originally been scheduled to face Drilzane in an eight-rounder.

But he will jump up to 10 rounds for the vacant IBF intercontinental light welterweight belt at the ExCel Arena.

"I'll be moving up from eight rounds to 10 for the first time and I see this as a real opportunity," he said.

"My other fights so far have just been for the experience for now with a title on the line I will be much more hungry.

"It is great to get this opportunity one day after my 20th birthday. I have been training hard and I am undoubtedly ready for it."

The change to Khan's bout is the latest twist in the troubled show at ExCel Arena, where two fighters have already pulled out
Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Anyone else going to the Excel centre on Sat ??

I'm heading down with a few of my mates.