Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 29-02-2016, 12:29 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had anybody seen the x-Ray's of the broken jaw that Quigg sustained at the end of the 4th round? Anybody that has complained about paying 16.95 for the fight can thank God for Adrenaline. Most boxers would have pulled out.
Old 29-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
yep, respect to Quigg for carrying on.

WBN gave the 12th to Quigg by the way To view the link you have to Register or Login

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 29-02-2016, 12:47 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
Had anybody seen the x-Ray's of the broken jaw that Quigg sustained at the end of the 4th round? Anybody that has complained about paying 16.95 for the fight can thank God for Adrenaline. Most boxers would have pulled out.
Funny isn't it.. he claims to have experienced only numbness at the time. I don't really have a problem with frampton and quigg for the value for money btw. They got in with risky opponent and I think they did their jobs. I just think more often than not little blokes boxing isn't worth this kind of billing. It's up to the promoters and sky to ensure there is value for money.

16.95 is nothing so ultimately i will keep paying for these events. You just have to effectively accept a sky sports subscription no longer includes boxing. I do think they have a duty to try and pack the card out a bit more though and i would prefer the fights stood up for themselves and we didn't get our main sky sports package flooded with pre fight propaganda to make them more money.

Last edited by scro; 29-02-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 29-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Funny isn't it.. he claims to have experienced only numbness at the time. I don't really have a problem with the frampton and quigg for the value for money btw. They got in with risky opponent and I think they did their jobs. I just think more often than not little blokes boxing isn't worth this kind of billing. It's up to the promoters and sky to ensure there is value for money.

16.95 is nothing so ultimately i will keep paying for these events. You just have to effectively accept a sky sports subscription no longer includes boxing. I do think they have a duty to try and pack the card out a bit more though and i would prefer the fights stood up for themselves and we didn't get our main sky sports package flooded with pre fight propaganda to make them more money.
That's not going to happen though. Sky / Matchroom are very clever with the pre fight coverage to build up the hype. Although I wanted to watch the Frampton vs Quigg from the day it was announced, I couldn't wait as it got closer.

I agree with you that all PPV events should at the very least have 1 or 2 decent title fights (whether British, Commonwealth or European) on the undercard. The card for Bad Intentions (Joshua vs Whtye) is a great example of what a PPV event should look like.
Old 29-02-2016, 04:58 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
That's not going to happen though. Sky / Matchroom are very clever with the pre fight coverage to build up the hype. Although I wanted to watch the Frampton vs Quigg from the day it was announced, I couldn't wait as it got closer.

I agree with you that all PPV events should at the very least have 1 or 2 decent title fights (whether British, Commonwealth or European) on the undercard. The card for Bad Intentions (Joshua vs Whtye) is a great example of what a PPV event should look like.
Mind you i looked at my sky subscription today (i never check it) and i pay about 100 a month for a family and sky sports bundle with phone and broadband. You don't get Bt sport or Boxnation for that or the movies. They don't half push their luck with ppv's on top.
Old 29-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
He was accused of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth by a previous opponent wasn't he?

Somebody hasn't been to Tiger's Bay before!
Yes, Avalos, I think. I'd be surprised if anyone from Tiger's Bay has ever seen a silver spoon.
Old 29-02-2016, 11:27 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin88 View Post
Did you think Quigg won the last round? I thought that was Frampton's best of the whole fight. Quigg only really started fighting with any purpose from round 8 onwards after Gallagher told him how wide a margin he was losing it by. He'd already lost the fight by that point though, Frampton only needed one round and that was it.

The whole fight felt very similar to the Eubank Jr - Billy Joe Saunders fight where Eubank took far too long to get going. If Quigg had let his hands go a bit earlier then who knows.
I said the same thing mate. Started much to late
Old 01-03-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
I said the same thing mate. Started much to late
It seems these guys have a tactic to take the fight to the later rounds and make it a test of stamina. The trouble is they forget to make sure they properly feel like the late rounds for their opponent.

Last edited by scro; 01-03-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceNI came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So to sum it all up, Scott Quigg started to late, and Jimmy Nesbitt started to early!
Old 01-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hughie Fury could only get a nobody then: To view the link you have to Register or Login I have no idea if he's any good, but it does look like he is being avoided.

www.bensheroestrust.org

Old 02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Live on channel 5, chief support to Blackwell vs Eubank Jnr.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Rumour has it that our very own Dark Lord (Adam Booth) has parted company with Eubank Jnr already.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Vive La Revolution

Haye up to 13th in the IBF so could fight the winner of Joshua / Martin. I could see Martin going for it but Joshua will probably want a few more fights first. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Undercard for Haye's fight is coming together. Looks ok, but no massive names: To view the link you have to Register or Login

www.bensheroestrust.org

Old 03-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Keeping The Faith

I'm looking forward to seeing who Haye is facing on the 21st May- and who is showing it..

Malik Scott & Shannon Briggs mooted.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Haye up to 13th in the IBF so could fight the winner of Joshua / Martin. I could see Martin going for it but Joshua will probably want a few more fights first. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Undercard for Haye's fight is coming together. Looks ok, but no massive names: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Haye would easily be the most lucrative opponent in terms of revenue- would sell out Wembley perhaps in late August and they could fit it in before the not so lucrative but still dangerous, Parker mandatory.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post

I think I would take the Haye fight if I was Joshua. As pointed out, it would be a huge fight and earn him fortunes. Yeah, it's dangerous but if he just studies the way that Klitchko dismantled him, he should be fine.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:26 PM

Having said that, let's see him get past Charles Martin first (still can't wait!).
Old 03-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Keeping The Faith

Conservatively- I reckon Joshua could make 5 million from fighting Haye at Wembley in August- easily do 80,000 like Froch vs Groves II.

Factor in PPV buys and endorsements/sponsorship, he'd be set up for life..

He has to get past Martin first though!
Old 03-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Keeping The Faith

Mick is saying that he expects Wlad vs Fury II to be announced in the next couple of weeks.. there is a great route that it's possible could pan out in the next year.

April- AJ beats Martin

May-Fury beats Wlad, Wilder beats Povetkin, Haye beats Mr. X

September- AJ beats Haye

December- Fury beats Wilder

January- AJ beats Parker

May 2017 Wembley- AJ vs Fury for the undisputed title.

Just hypothetical of course!

I'm not sure Wilder will get out of Russia with that belt- he may even vacate.

Last edited by gold76; 03-03-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Vive La Revolution

Love it. Especially the idea of AJ taking Haye before Parker. I guess Joshua may feel Haye would still be rusty.

www.bensheroestrust.org