Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 15-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Laz
If you knew anything about anything you would know Calzaghe always finds an excuse not to fight - how would he and his team not have known this "postponement" was going to have to happen.

He's as preictablel, ightweight an useless as a Tom Soares "burst" forwards.
You know nothing about boxing.
Old 15-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreat Lombardi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gold76
Eastman-Williams should be an interesting fight tonight. Last chance saloon for both men, neither have fulfilled there potential.
Although they are both of the same age I feel Richard Williams has a lot more to offer. Eastman has blown his chances at World level and is unlikely to get another title shot.

Williams is coming off a break from boxing and could make a run at a title shot (could just be European) if he puts together some wins.
Old 17-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
You know nothing about boxing.
Gasp [2]
Old 17-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Although they are both of the same age I feel Richard Williams has a lot more to offer. Eastman has blown his chances at World level and is unlikely to get another title shot.

Williams is coming off a break from boxing and could make a run at a title shot (could just be European) if he puts together some wins.
Clearly you know a lot ...!
Old 18-12-2006, 10:18 AM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Been chatting with Junior Witter last week and he's changed the fight with Arturo Morua from the 19th to the 20th of January. And he's also changed the location from Crystal Palace SC to Alexandra Palace. Tickets from 40 quid.
Old 18-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dani, if you don't mind me asking, do you work in the boxing industry? I saw earlier that you did some amateur stuff...

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 18-12-2006, 10:31 AM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Didn't quite think your prediction would come true, can't see how you can just right off Eastman. Eastman ko'd him in the 12th. Eastman stepped back and the same old right counter landed but this time Williams just slowly crashed to the floor, pretty repetitive fight with Eastman doing enough to pick up rounds, but solid fighting throughout. I was wondering when he would go down he took alot of good punches in there.
All in all good display from Howard and im sure he'll get a European shot possibly another world title shot. Williams has well and trully blown it now. He started well in the opening rounds but Eastman was too experienced and it seemed like another day at the office, Williams was just too tired and out-boxed at the end.
From what i've been told Eastman will be dropping his British belt to go for the world title shot, so Howard will definetly be up for that.
Old 18-12-2006, 10:37 AM
El carnicero

Quote:
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
Dani, if you don't mind me asking, do you work in the boxing industry? I saw earlier that you did some amateur stuff...
Well i've always got my ear to the ground and know a few people in high places. Its like Clapham Grand knows whats going on at the Palace sometimes with transfers, I know whats going on within the Boxing Scene.
You hear things at fights and im always hearing stuff at the Gym.
Old 18-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by danibutcher
Well i've always got my ear to the ground and know a few people in high places. Its like Clapham Grand knows whats going on at the Palace sometimes with transfers, I know whats going on within the Boxing Scene.
You hear things at fights and im always hearing stuff at the Gym.
That's pretty cool - I work for a press diary so I hear about the fights a little in advance - trying to work my position to get tickets for Calzaghe off Frank Warren's people!

Though I may try Hennessy for some Hitter action too!

Old 18-12-2006, 10:57 AM
El carnicero

Quote:
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
That's pretty cool - I work for a press diary so I hear about the fights a little in advance - trying to work my position to get tickets for Calzaghe off Frank Warren's people!

Though I may try Hennessy for some Hitter action too!
Good thinking! I can't make the Hitter fight unfortunately, its my 21st party on the night of the fight, so im a bit miffed they changed the day.

Well whenever you want any info, hopefully i can help you out.
Old 18-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

They changed it for Sky coverage - the 20th is a massive bill, with Witter the UK offering before they go to Vegas for Hatton and Castillo.

Old 18-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
A great night of boxing, was hoping to go to the Palace to watch the Lenny Daws fight, but it's now chief support to Witter.

If both Witter & Hatton come through unscathed, it would be great to see them meet up next summer.
Old 18-12-2006, 01:27 PM
El carnicero

Quote:
If both Witter & Hatton come through unscathed, it would be great to see them meet up next summer.
I think Witter would too but its a questionable on Hattons behalf. I think with him already reaching his peak and the fight with Castillo in the Summer it would be a great way to end 2007 with a Hatton Witter wonderland for Dec.
It has been talked about many times before and with Witter being WBC champ it looks more likely. If Witter makes some more defences then its possible for this fight to happen and the belts (If Hatton has the IBF title) unified. I like Witter, like Hatton he's worked his socks off to become what he is today.
Old 20-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Mr Wrong

Quote:
Didn't quite think your prediction would come true, can't see how you can just right off Eastman. Eastman ko'd him in the 12th. Eastman stepped back and the same old right counter landed but this time Williams just slowly crashed to the floor, pretty repetitive fight with Eastman doing enough to pick up rounds, but solid fighting throughout. I was wondering when he would go down he took alot of good punches in there.
All in all good display from Howard and im sure he'll get a European shot possibly another world title shot. Williams has well and trully blown it now. He started well in the opening rounds but Eastman was too experienced and it seemed like another day at the office, Williams was just too tired and out-boxed at the end.
From what i've been told Eastman will be dropping his British belt to go for the world title shot, so Howard will definetly be up for that.
Looking at some of Eastman's recent performances I thought that his interest in the sport was on the wane. He trained himself for the Miranda fight ( a fight he should have won!!), and seemed to turn off mentally in the Abraham fight.

Against Williams though he showed his class and seemed to be even holding back at times against his friend. The ko punch was superbly timed.
Old 20-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Mr Wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Laz
Clearly you know a lot ...!
Boxing is a surprising sport that's why I love it so much. I shouldn't think I am the first person whose prediction of a fight was incorrect.

However, anyone who calls Calzaghe 'useless' is a first class idiot.
Old 21-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
Boxing is a surprising sport that's why I love it so much. I shouldn't think I am the first person whose prediction of a fight was incorrect.

However, anyone who calls Calzaghe 'useless' is a first class idiot.
Too bloody right. The guy's been posting a lot of rubbish on here.

Old 22-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Looking at some of Eastman's recent performances I thought that his interest in the sport was on the wane. He trained himself for the Miranda fight ( a fight he should have won!!), and seemed to turn off mentally in the Abraham fight.

Against Williams though he showed his class and seemed to be even holding back at times against his friend. The ko punch was superbly timed.
Is his brother Gilbert still fighting?
I remember when he was a hot young prospect, be then he lost his way.
Old 22-12-2006, 01:06 PM
El carnicero

Quote:
Is his brother Gilbert still fighting?
I remember when he was a hot young prospect, be then he lost his way.
He's still active but i hear he's considering retiring. His last bout was a defeat to Gary Wolcombe in the Southern Area Light Middleweight Title in 7th round tko and two months before that Gary Lockett ko'd him in the 1st round for the Vacant WBU Middleweight title.
As you say he was very promising but like many peaked too early.
What you've said about Calzaghe being useless though is just stupid. Dissapointing, YES! but never useless. Within his division he is and has been one of the best, but its sometimes overlooked because of the level of opposition he has come up against. To be fair he has ducked a few fights to fight who he and Warren wanted to be on the bill, and he should of moved up to Light Heavy where there was more competition but theres no denying how talented a boxer he really is.
Old 22-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

see below post.

Last edited by nottsunieagle; 22-12-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 22-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

Quote:
To be fair he has ducked a few fights to fight who he and Warren wanted to be on the bill, and he should of moved up to Light Heavy where there was more competition but theres no denying how talented a boxer he really is.
I wonder if it is a question of him ducking though! Warren loves trawling the story about B-Hop ducking Calzaghe - but for staying at super middle - I agree - it was only Ottke at SM, he could've moved up a long time ago.

Having said that, I don't think anyone can deny that he is a truly top draw fighter. Everyone's got their opinions as to JC's next three opponents - I think the key to his legacy is not what happens now, but who he fights AFTER Manfredo.