Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:01 AM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Happy if he is here to cover luka , concerned if he is coming as a centre back , not tall enough in the modern game.
Koscielny is only an inch taller and he's not bad.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 12-07-2017, 10:06 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc_24 View Post
Koscielny is only an inch taller and he's not bad.
Puyol was 5 foot 10 and Cannavaro was 5 foot 9, they were half decent too...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Jimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Happy if he is here to cover luka , concerned if he is coming as a centre back , not tall enough in the modern game.
Fabio Cannavaro was 5ft 10, just saying....
Old 12-07-2017, 10:07 AM

Jimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
CP-RJW, damn you!!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
He's 6ft not 5ft5

And considering FdB played him cb whilst at ajax I suspect that's where he will play
Well Joel Ward is according to some websites (wiki) 6 foot 2 but would you play him at centre back by choice? I know their are a few exceptions but have my reservations. If he can leap like a gazelle then fine but not seen any evidence from the vidoes. Less concerned if hes in a back three . But real concerned if this money could have gone towards Sakho.

And quoting centre backs who have played in some of the best teams in the world where the majority of the time their midfielders and attackers have the ball, so very little defensive work is done is hardly a fair comparison.

Last edited by aj4england; 12-07-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
How high can he jump?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:13 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
How high can he jump?
Higher than a white boy hopefully.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I see what you mean but we need four to five CBs and I could see Dann and Tomkins competing for the right side CB position, and Sakho and Ridewald competing for the left side. That would leave Kelly as fifth choice CB to use for emergencies. Plus Ridewald can play defebsive midfield and we don't have another player who can beyond Luka. I also imagine Ridewald could be used at LB with Schlupp competing more as a winger next season. Perhaps.

I'm also baffled by the Damo contract extension. I didn't see that coming last season and wouldn't expect him to play much this season. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if FDB sold him if we bring in the defenders he wants.
Sakho?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:23 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well Joel Ward is according to some websites (wiki) 6 foot 2 but would you play him at centre back by choice? I know their are a few exceptions but have my reservations. If he can leap like a gazelle then fine but not seen any evidence from the vidoes. Less concerned if hes in a back three . But real concerned if this money could have gone towards Sakho.

And quoting centre backs who have played in some of the best teams in the world where the majority of the time their midfielders and attackers have the ball, so very little defensive work is done is hardly a fair comparison.
I wouldn't play Joel ward centre back because he's a right back.

The bloke is 6ft. That isn't small. And most teams in the PL tend to play the ball on the deck these days.

And if the 'sakho money' buys him and 2/3 others that improve the squad then I'm all for it.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:28 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
He'll probably be fundamental to how De Boer wants us to play. Someone who can build from the back and relieve the pressure from the middle if we have to go back. Not to forget his versatility which will be important given our squad depth. The purpose of the Ajax model is so the players are capable of adapting in several positions throughout the system.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I wouldn't play Joel ward centre back because he's a right back.

The bloke is 6ft. That isn't small. And most teams in the PL tend to play the ball on the deck these days.

And if the 'sakho money' buys him and 2/3 others that improve the squad then I'm all for it.
Fair enough , different opinions . Still a high percentage of goals scored from set pieces. though .Given the evidence of last season id rather stick with proven quality in central defence but i get the alternative view . I prefer sams approach - buy if they are better than what we have .
Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Old 12-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
Sakho?
Sorry mate, wasn't sure what you meant there?

I don't think signing this chap means we necessarily won't still try to sign Sakho.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fair enough , different opinions . Still a high percentage of goals scored from set pieces. though .Given the evidence of last season id rather stick with proven quality in central defence but i get the alternative view . I prefer sams approach - buy if they are better than what we have .
Well he might well be better. FdB knows him better than us, he seems to be very highly rated. Buying proven quality comes at a huge price.. one that we can't afford to keep doing. Unsustainable. I would love sakho back here but 30m can go along way.. and in FdB we have someone very very well connected
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
We would still have several 6'+ players to defend (and attack) set pieces and we may be getting a new keeper which may change how we defend set pieces, for better or for worse.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:41 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Higher than a white boy hopefully.
Racist
Old 12-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Racist

Daft* racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: I PoWeLLyCPFC I
Old 12-07-2017, 10:49 AM

eagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
We would still have several 6'+ players to defend (and attack) set pieces and we may be getting a new keeper which may change how we defend set pieces, for better or for worse.
Exactly. Hennessey for example is 6 ft 6 according to wiki and is hardly commanding whereas other players are much shorter and have far more of a precense. Hes young so will develop physically anyway, this would be a good signing
Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Racist
I know.

Clinton Morrison.
Closed Thread