Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-07-2017, 02:12 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
3 houses ago our next door neighbour convinced himself that he was developing Alzheimer's so drank a bottle of whisky and lay down under his car exhaust, locked in his garage.
We came home from the park and his wife came running to our door saying she couldn't find him but had found a note on the fireplace.
We could hear the engine running but she didn't have any keys to the garage so i ended up kicking the side door open.
Banging and shaking the big door had just broken a window in the door.
My Dad went in around the car, turned off the ignition and said he could see the old chap at the back.
He opened the door from the inside and this bloke was just lying there.

My wife and Dad tried shaking him whilst i ran to our other neighbour who was a nurse to help with CPR.
He was long gone.

Ambulance arrived in minutes but i don't remember much beyond the first hectic seconds.

It took a while to get over it. I couldn't even look at the garage, especially the broken window, now boarded up - directly opposite our front door.
I was very happy when we moved away.
He had flown Spitfires in the war apparently.
Very sad.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Eagle View Post
I found out today (through family who work in transport) that the incident wasn't 'self harm' and that the individual was retrieving something from the track. It almost makes it worse by how needless it was and while I don't know for a fact, I can only assume that it was someone young.

Funny enough when I saw two men running around the platform in blood (this is a Sydney suburban platform I should say) my first thought was recent incidents in London and that someone was running around stabbing people on the train. I Was going to run, until I saw one of the people covered in blood sink to the platform. He was clearly a friend or passer by on the platform who had blood thrown over them by the impact.

I haven't been able to get hold of anymore information currently. Proving very hard to put to the back of my mind.
Yes that must be worse. At least, in the confusing bloody aftermath of the crime scene, I was assured the guy was suicidal and not just running across the level crossing. In a funny sort of way I was able to process it a bit easier like maybe i'd done him a favour or something. I go past that spot almost every day, it's 70mph going into Stirling or you are up to 70mph by then leaving it, so I always fear another one. It's a known spot for suicides, we have a few areas like that up here. What you witnessed was definitely as traumatic as you will have known there was literally nothing you could do to stop it happening. My counsellor was good in the 4 sessions I had, getting me to relive it, with and without emotion. Fortunately I support Palace and did 12 years in the forces, so maybe that helped, I dunno. I think Jules and racehorse are both right though. If you dwell on it too much you risk fecking up at work, so there is definitely a time and a place. It won't ever leave you though. It's just a bit shit when someone passes all their problems onto you and everyone else. Not that they are usually in the right mental state to know or care though.

"Sunderland lost their opening four games before going on to win the second tier title a decade ago."
Old 17-07-2017, 02:59 PM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Living in Thailand I see terrible traffic accidents quite often. Thailand has a bad record for road deaths per capita; for instance 390 people were killed and 3,808 injured during the government’s seven-day campaign to prevent road accidents during the Songkran festival this year. A few months ago I heard a crash right outside my house, looked out & saw a biker in the road with blood coming from his head - believe he was trying to overtake a car & hit one coming from the opposite direction. Found out later, after the ambulance finally arrived & took him away, that he'd died. This year on Phuket alone, where I live, there have been 49 road deaths in 6 months alone. Seeing someone lying face-up covered in blood in a roadside ditch wasn't too good either. You don't get used to it, you just hope it'll never happen to you but you can never anticipate what some moronic drivers will do. It pays to be slow, patient & give yourself a chance of living if you are hit. I've learnt not to dwell on these things, though of course I feel sorry for the victims.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:11 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
Had nigh on 20years in Fire Service. Saw. And dealt with quite a few nasty things. Best way to deal with it for me was with the Black humour when back on Station some of which is so terrible I won't even try to repeat on here. Never felt the need to talk about it at home. Has any of it affected me long term? Who knows.
I'm a serving Firefighter, when we have a fatality or bad job we have to be defused. Whilst you must attend the defusing you don't have to talk. However, I'm in the black humour and a pint camp.
Old 17-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
I saw that a cyclist had been run over by an articulated lorry at Marble Arch where it turns on to Edgware Road. I didn't actually see the cyclist because he had loads of people around him, but I saw his blood running down the drain.
This would have been late 70s, early 80s, and I visualize it every time I use that roundabout, even to this day.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 17-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Living the dream

Bluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In the early 90s I was driving the family up past Ipswich on the A12, in the distance I could see a parachute coming down as I got closer I thought he was a bit close to the road I could see him struggling to control the parachute but it was too late and he came down in outside lane on the opposite side straight in front of a lorry, luckily we didn't see the impact.
Still think about it whenever I see anyone parachuting on the TV
Old 17-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
In the late 80s I was a PC in the BTP, based on the London Underground. We used to have to attend person under trains incidents - termed as 'one unders'.

One of these incidents never leaves me, which was a man who'd jumped under a train at Holborn.

The reason it never leaves me is because when we arrived, the LAS had already got him onto a stretcher and he was making quite a bit of noise. It just looked like an injury to his thighs, and we were always told the quiet ones were the ones to really worry about.

I was told to accompany him in the ambulance, which I did. On arrival at the hospital, within minutes, I was told he was dead, and had suffered massive internal injuries. I couldn't believe it due to what I said earlier. 30 or so years later, he is still in my thoughts to this day.
Old 17-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Disagree , Talking it out is not for everyone . One size doesn't fit all .
The world Wars were dreadful for instance but people moved on and rarely spoke of what they felt or saw .
Have to disagree with you. I think you have to face up to it as the memories will always resurface.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 17-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Seen a lot of hits and near misses in my time and thought about becoming a first responder, but don't know if I could handle it. Kudos to the people who do though

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 17-07-2017, 07:50 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Nothing as horrific as some of you guys have experienced, but about 6/7 years ago, I was leaving my brother's place in Herne Hill one summers evening. I had just stepped out onto the street when I heard a massive commotion - screaming and shouting - coming from the pub directly opposite. Thought a fight had broken out but suddenly out of the doors ran a man with his top half totally on fire. Was such a surreal sight that my brain couldn't quite comprehend what I was seeing. For a split second it looked like he was being attacked by a flock of seagulls. I know - weird. The bloke was trying desperately to put himself out as he ran at pace away from the pub.

I just called 999 as people spilled out from the pub in all kinds of shock and distress. Turns out the guy on fire tried to torch an ex of his but messed up and ended up setting himself alight. Heard later that the guy was found alive in a flat in Brixton somewhere. He must've been in sheer agony.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:13 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1992. Heading from a bar in South Croydon with a mate up a little side street that from memory took us to the Queen's Gardens.

We came across a man in a state of panic leaning over another person who had been stabbed through the heart. Found a phone box and called 999.

The poor bloke died and I had to go Croydon nick to give a statement as part of a murder investigation.

Remember the victim was called Jay, but not a lot else. Strangely I rarely think about it at all in all honesty. Think the whole thing was thankfully dulled by the large quantities of weed I was smoking back then.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
June 2002.

I had just got home from a cardiac appointment in Orpington Hospital, turned round and headed off to work. I was just approaching the station (Anerley), when I heard shouting and a commotion round the corner. I was a bit wary as I rounded the corner, but there a woman with a child in her arms. She was screaming, "Please help me. He's not breathing!"

The bloke in front of me just carried on walking (bastard, hope he can live with himself). The lad wasn't breathing, his face was ghastly grey and his lips blue. I had done First Aid At Work so I knew what to do. We laid him on the pavement. I checked but there was no pulse, so I started to do CPR. By this time, another woman had stopped, and I yelled at her to call an ambulance. Another bloke had stopped, and he talking to the control centre as I continued CPR, but to no effect.

The ambulance arrived after what seemed like an eternity. They rushed the boy into the ambulance, but sadly he was dead and they could not revive him. The other two "helpers" disappeared into the distance, as I was left sitting on the kerb. A little while later the police came over to me and confirmed he had died, but that he was probably dead before I got there; there were certainly no life-signs, but that did not make things any easier. I had had first-aid training, but still I was unable to save him. It was not meant to be like that - I was supposed to be able help, but I failed.

It turned out he had been playing in the garden, swinging on the trailing spare bit of washing line pretending to be Spiderman on his thread of web; he was wearing his Spiderman suit at the time, he was Spiderman-mad. His mother had called him for lunch but he did not answer. She found him in the garden with the bit of washing-line wrapped around his neck.

His name was Blaine and he was 4 years old. I was asked to the funeral, and it was one of the saddest days of my life. I took along a small posy and a small, grey fluffy teddy with a blue "B" on its chest. His parents said it was beautiful and could they keep it. Of course they could.

We did not stay in touch; I had not known them before, and all I was was a reminder of that terrible day. I found out they moved away a few months later; who could blame them? It still haunts me at times - I just hope his parents have somehow managed to find to find some sort of peace. Even now, for me, it puts most other things in life firmly into perspective.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:45 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a young boy, just after the second world war I was at Selhurst Park and an old boy was carrying some placards at the back of the stand ( we only had one) advertising the next game and some youngsters were taking the mick out of the old boy.

He got very angry and attempted to kick out at the boys, he walked into Whitehorse lane and returned with another placard fell over collapsed and died.

Attempts at resucitation consisted of rubbing the palms of his hands and then someone pushed his chest to no avail.

Even though I had experienced loads of bombing attacks I had never ever seen a dead person...I was very young and that stayed locked in my memory.

None of the above compares with the recall of others but I have never got that out of my mind.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:27 PM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
June 2002.

I had just got home from a cardiac appointment in Orpington Hospital, turned round and headed off to work. I was just approaching the station (Anerley), when I heard shouting and a commotion round the corner. I was a bit wary as I rounded the corner, but there a woman with a child in her arms. She was screaming, "Please help me. He's not breathing!"

The bloke in front of me just carried on walking (bastard, hope he can live with himself). The lad wasn't breathing, his face was ghastly grey and his lips blue. I had done First Aid At Work so I knew what to do. We laid him on the pavement. I checked but there was no pulse, so I started to do CPR. By this time, another woman had stopped, and I yelled at her to call an ambulance. Another bloke had stopped, and he talking to the control centre as I continued CPR, but to no effect.

The ambulance arrived after what seemed like an eternity. They rushed the boy into the ambulance, but sadly he was dead and they could not revive him. The other two "helpers" disappeared into the distance, as I was left sitting on the kerb. A little while later the police came over to me and confirmed he had died, but that he was probably dead before I got there; there were certainly no life-signs, but that did not make things any easier. I had had first-aid training, but still I was unable to save him. It was not meant to be like that - I was supposed to be able help, but I failed.

It turned out he had been playing in the garden, swinging on the trailing spare bit of washing line pretending to be Spiderman on his thread of web; he was wearing his Spiderman suit at the time, he was Spiderman-mad. His mother had called him for lunch but he did not answer. She found him in the garden with the bit of washing-line wrapped around his neck.

His name was Blaine and he was 4 years old. I was asked to the funeral, and it was one of the saddest days of my life. I took along a small posy and a small, grey fluffy teddy with a blue "B" on its chest. His parents said it was beautiful and could they keep it. Of course they could.

We did not stay in touch; I had not known them before, and all I was was a reminder of that terrible day. I found out they moved away a few months later; who could blame them? It still haunts me at times - I just hope his parents have somehow managed to find to find some sort of peace. Even now, for me, it puts most other things in life firmly into perspective.

Really awful thank you for sharing. I knew that this topic would bring out a response but just goes to show how people are affected by such things.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
June 2002.

Incredibly sad.

So much respect for you to have been that person with the calm head who stopped and knew what to do.
Old 17-07-2017, 11:54 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegadford4th : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I was out for a bike ride the other week and came across this happening. It bothers me a bit that there were 8-10 people in the water looking for him but the emergency service crews were watching on from the bank. If they hadn't been there I'd like to think I would have jumped into help search but their inactivity confused me. I don't think I'll ever forget one of the good samaritans pulling this lifeless body out of the water by his ankle. Amazing they even managed to get a pulse as he'd been under for 20 minutes.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:03 AM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
June 2002.

That's terrible.

Having a small boy something like this is literally my worst nightmare.

You did your best fella kudos to you.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredandblue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My Mum called me to say my Dad had fallen but not to hurry too much, got to the house he was lying on the floor just breathing, I called 999 and was instructed to give him mouth to mouth I tried but thick blood was coming up and mentally I could not do it, an hour later after the best efforts from the Ambulance men he was dead.

Everyone thought I would feel guilty and told me that I should not but I didn't and I don't and that is the honest truth, I miss him every day but his health had been failing and life was becoming difficult for him.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 18-07-2017, 08:40 AM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
Had nigh on 20years in Fire Service. Saw. And dealt with quite a few nasty things. Best way to deal with it for me was with the Black humour when back on Station some of which is so terrible I won't even try to repeat on here. Never felt the need to talk about it at home. Has any of it affected me long term? Who knows.
My (late) Dad did 13 years with the Royal Marines. Said pretty much the same thing as you. Only thing that helped him diffuse the experiences was black humour. It was his way of dealing with it.
Old 18-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Bubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My Dad worked as a lorry driver picking up commercial waste mainly cardboard from factories. I used to go with him sometimes during half term. At our first collection of the day my dad picked the container up and tipped it into the back of his lorry and turn the compactor on. There was a scream and my dad hit the emergency button but it was too late. A guy had got into the container to sleep and was lifted into the lorry and crushed to death. I will never forget the scream and the blood. The effect it had on my Dad long term was sad to see. He was supposed to check every container before emptying it but it was rarely ever done by any of the drivers before that happened. My dad stuck it out for a few months then quit as he couldn't handle it.