Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lead to connect IPad / IPhone to TV??

I have recently started watching sky (for footy) via my dad’s details on my phone / iPad.

It doesn’t link with google chrome which I have already, so can’t watch on my Tv

Is there a lead I can get to connect iPhone / iPad to to Tv so can watch footy on full screen?

Thanks

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 07-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm pretty sure you can pick up HDMI adapters fairly cheaply on Ebay for this.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Yes, lightning to HDMI adapters are readily available, but they won't help with Sky unfortunately. If you try, you will get a message: 'not supporting HDMI out'. Sky's official position is "we don't support TV out on iOS or Android devices".

You can however use HDMI from a laptop or PC to watch Sky (e.g. Sky Go, or Sky Q).

If it helps, the lightning adapters do work very well with Sports Donkey (as does casting to Apple TV).
Old 07-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great thanks for your help

Shame!

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 11-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yes, lightning to HDMI adapters are readily available, but they won't help with Sky unfortunately. If you try, you will get a message: 'not supporting HDMI out'. Sky's official position is "we don't support TV out on iOS or Android devices".

You can however use HDMI from a laptop or PC to watch Sky (e.g. Sky Go, or Sky Q).

If it helps, the lightning adapters do work very well with Sports Donkey (as does casting to Apple TV).
Hi James.

Will it work with the Virgin Media app? I Use my sisters Virgin for BT Sports, and she uses my Sky, I currently have it linked to my Ipad but would ideally like to watch the sports on my TV through one of these cables.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:33 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Hi James.

Will it work with the Virgin Media app? I Use my sisters Virgin for BT Sports, and she uses my Sky, I currently have it linked to my Ipad but would ideally like to watch the sports on my TV through one of these cables.
I have no first hand experience, but according to To view the link you have to Register or Login, the answer is sadly not.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:20 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!disco mixx kidd has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Apple TV as James said
I've got third generation box
£70 new probably £20 now at CEX
Works perfectly for anything on your Apple handheld
Old 13-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Keep St George

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post
Apple TV as James said
I've got third generation box
£70 new probably £20 now at CEX
Works perfectly for anything on your Apple handheld
Sorry, so just to confirm I can watch Sky Go (app on my phone) on my TV via Apple TV?

I asked in Apple store and they said not possible...

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 13-01-2018, 11:43 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
get Apple TV
Old 13-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
You're better off with a Firestick IMO than Apple TV. Not done it with Sky but AirPlay works fine with Firestick you just need to buy an app

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Keep St George

From my IT / Apple guru mate...

“Just tried to get sky go on my TV screen from my iblower via apple TV. No joy. Screen mirroring not supported. No ability to airplay...
Can't find a sky go app in the apple TV app store either... I just don't think what you want to achieve is what sky want to be achievable... They don't really want to make sharing accounts easy for obvious reasons.”

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 13-01-2018, 01:23 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
From my IT / Apple guru mate...

“Just tried to get sky go on my TV screen from my iblower via apple TV. No joy. Screen mirroring not supported. No ability to airplay...
Can't find a sky go app in the apple TV app store either... I just don't think what you want to achieve is what sky want to be achievable... They don't really want to make sharing accounts easy for obvious reasons.”
Do you have an Xbox? Works through that I think.
Old 13-01-2018, 01:26 PM

Can pick up a 360 for £40 at computer exchange. Cheaper still on eBay.
Old 13-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Party on

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
SkyGo on a laptop then HDMI to tv works fine

I’ve never known any iOS and SkyGo combination to work legitimately
Old 13-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Keep St George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
SkyGo on a laptop then HDMI to tv works fine

I’ve never known any iOS and SkyGo combination to work legitimately
Looks like that’s the way to do it

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 14-01-2018, 12:12 AM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ordered myself one of these following some good online reviews To view the link you have to Register or Login does airplay so work with iPhone iPad and no cables
Old 14-01-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
Sorry, so just to confirm I can watch Sky Go (app on my phone) on my TV via Apple TV?

I asked in Apple store and they said not possible...
No, you can't.

As I said, the only way to watch Sky Go or Sky Q on a TV or monitor is to use a PC. Apple TV and/or Lightning to HDMI do not work.

If you want to watch on Apple TV, you have to use something like Sports Donkey with Matrix TV App on your iPhone (which works, but isn't strictly legitimate).
Old 14-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
No, you can't.

As I said, the only way to watch Sky Go or Sky Q on a TV or monitor is to use a PC.
Except that isn't true. Games consoles work fine, and you can pick up an old Xbox 360 on eBay for £15

To view the link you have to Register or Login